The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Fernandez is a different level to grealish in my opinion. Bruno looks sensational 

I'm genuinely waiting for the people saying Jack is better than him to explain how, why and in what way...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm genuinely waiting for the people saying Jack is better than him to explain how, why and in what way...

Jack's a better ball carrier and has a better weight of pass :flag:

If he ever joins a team where he has some options around him and can't be man marked he'll go to another level.

Seen nothing from Bruno to suggest he'd have been as good for us in Jack's position surrounded by the wallies we have here. If anything, he's been wasteful at times with the amount he's had the ball in dangerous areas.

Two very very good players.

36 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

they dont even play the same position. its a weird comparison, Maybe could say Luke Shaw or De Gea is better 

25 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Because it's piss easy to look brilliant when you are in a great team surrounded by top quality players and are going out most weeks rolling over vastly inferior teams. 

It's bloody difficult to look brilliant when you are in a team surrounded by average players going out most weeks playing with backs against the wall being trashed by vastly superior teams? 

Bang on, remember when Jesse lingard looked like a decent player for the same united team, or delle alli looked like he could be world class? If you are playing for a top team it is easy to look good.

Now fernandes does a lot for united but if grealish played with martial and rashfird up front he would have 13 or 14 assists based on the number of chances he has created which is still the 2nd most in the league (as of gameweek 33 - seeing as we haven't played this week.)

38 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Because it's piss easy to look brilliant when you are in a great team surrounded by top quality players and are going out most weeks rolling over vastly inferior teams. 

It's bloody difficult to look brilliant when you are in a team surrounded by average players going out most weeks playing with backs against the wall being trashed by vastly superior teams? 

That's how I also see it as well, Grealish would be better of sticking here for a while and making his career stand out at villa being the main man noticed.

• Like 2

Bruno Fernandez being a good / bad player has very little bearing on whether United will be interested in Grealish.

These kinds of clubs collect talent, and like their squad to be overloaded in every position.

A versatile 8/10/winger type of player is always useful for that kind of team, since they spend a lot of time trying to break down packed defences, and will often be fielding 3 of those players at the same time.

I’d be amazed if Jack wasn’t a massive success wherever he ends up. Maybe not the star player, but definitely a solid performer getting regular time in the starting 11, and earning his spot in the England squad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

EDIT

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

they dont even play the same position. its a weird comparison, Maybe could say Luke Shaw or De Gea is better 

They do. Bruno has been used as a attacking midfielder like grealish so its not a wierd comparison at all. Both players are attacking central midfilders even though grealish has been used in themleft by smith for a majority of the season

7 hours ago, sidcow said:

Dont agree.  Tekkers was great for us shit at liverpool. Some great players who are big fish in small ponds go to better clubs and flop. Not saying that will happen to grealish but this isnt always the case. 

Bruno just looks superb.he is a level about grealish 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

They do. Bruno has been used as a attacking midfielder like grealish so its not a wierd comparison at all. Both players are attacking central midfilders even though grealish has been used in themleft by smith for a majority of the season

Dont agree.  Tekkers was great for us shit at liverpool. Some great players who are big fish in small ponds go to better clubs and flop. Not saying that will happen to grealish but this isnt always the case. 

I made a post insinuating similar then deleted it as it would just be seen as me "hating" on or "turning on" our golden boy. 🤦🏾‍♂️

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I made a post insinuating similar then deleted it as it would just be seen as me "hating" on or "turning on" our golden boy. 🤦🏾‍♂️

Na mate your entitled your opinion. 

I think grealish is a fantastic player. He has a host of skills that he brings. But bruno looks absolutely sensational a real talent.

A step above grealish

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think it's different for strikers.  They can go on scoring streaks and barren patches.  Depend heavily on how the team is set up.  For example has Tekkers since played in a system where he has a top quality winger on both sides of him banging in accurate, early crosses? 

Midfielders who can dribble and pass will always fit in anywhere where there is quality. They have runners off them left right and centre and they can't be doubled up on because there is someone else just as good either side of them. 

We haven’t seen Jack gliding around with the ball much because he's always doubled and often trebled up on. 

Also a better team would score a hatful with the fouls he earns.  We are so utterly woeful at free kicks and with impotent strikers we are missing out on bucket loads of goals from all the fouls on him. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Benteke had a hit rate of 1 in 2 for Liverpool he just didn't play much because he didn't fit klopps style. He was also then injured frequently so he only played like 30 games for them. 

Also imagine the pressure which would be heaped on referee's about the tag team fouling Jack gets.  He's the most fouled player in the league by MILES and almost nothing is said about it.  If he was at a top 4 team there would be daily interrogations of referees about it. 

So much of his play is just stopped in its tracks before he's even got going. 

It would become a massive issue and ref's would start cracking down on it.  Not that it would happen so much anyway.  It's hard to see an oppo manager playing against all those top players giving his own players instructions to stop Grealish playing at all costs, because it wouldn't win them the game like it does with us. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

Fernandes is in better form but I wouldn't swap. Jack is capable of genuine magic. I don't think Fernandes is. Very impressive, tidy and consistent player for sure.

5 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Fernandes is in better form but I wouldn't swap. Jack is capable of genuine magic. I don't think Fernandes is. Very impressive, tidy and consistent player for sure.

Every player has good/bad form but that doesn't diminish the fact he's been destroying the league since he arrived. If they signed him at the start of the season he would genuinely be rivalling DeBruyne for POTY. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

Every player has good/bad form but that doesn't diminish the fact he's been destroying the league since he arrived. If they signed him at the start of the season he would genuinely be rivalling DeBruyne for POTY. 

Yeah and Jack was the talk of the town for the 1st half of the season. I'm not denying Fernandes has been great. I just wouldn't swap, nor do I accept he's a level above Jack.

• Like 1

Â