The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

8 hours ago, useless said:

Not sure why Tuanzebe would be worth £20m plus, he's only played three full ninety minutes in the premer league, another two where he's played around an hour and then a bunch of times when he's come on for a couple of minutes, in other words he's hardly played any premier league football at all. He's only played about thirty games worth of championship football. I'd like us to sign him, but there's no way I'd let United use him to knock £25m off the asking price for Grealish.

If they want to use their players as part of a deal they have to be valued cheaper than they otherwise would be, not more expensive, as essentially it would be them getting rid of a player that they don't want in exchange for our best player and the one in an ideal world that we'd like to keep.

Good point.

The valuation I agree is a tad inflated for a player to have hardly featured, absolutely.

On the slight chance they were to let him go I fear they would ask close to that figure.

We also got overpriced on Mings too IIRC.

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

What are you on mate. He has slowed it down the last few games because no one moves or makes a run in behind. Before the break el ghazi, samatta or wes would often be on the shoulder of the defender forcing them to back track so Jack could break quickly we aren't doing that now so he has to slow it down. 

He has been slowing it down for ages, what we on about - that is his game! He slows it down and tries to find where he can make incisions.

He moves at his own pace, which is not always a bad thing, but again, there are MULTIPLE times there have been several options available and he has either dilly dallied, spun around and waited till the opportunity is lost then pass it backwards, or draw the foul.

As a matter of fact there are times I think a player might not even want to bother making the forward run anymore as they know they probably won't get it from him.

Jack is NOT a "fast break" type player IMO

Why can't we ever just admit when he has been poor?

This is now almost like reverse Wesley. Where instead of "The whole team is shit because Wesley is shite" it's "Jack made bad decisions because everyone else is shite".

As always, truth is somewhere down the middle probably.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

Grealish is surrounded by mostly complete idiots and he's the only reason we aren't bottom and cut adrift already. The likes of Mount, Maddison and Foden that he's compared to are surrounded with world class and competent football players who know what they are doing, Grealish has to deal with zero movement from any of our forward players. Stick him in one of the top sides and I can't even imagine how good he will be. 

I don't think he's been particularly good since the restart but he's our best player by an absolute million miles and I can't believe I've seen a few people turning on him this past week. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I don't think he's been particularly good since the restart but he's our best player by an absolute million miles and I can't believe I've seen a few people turning on him this past week. 

He is our best player, so criticising him when he is poor, as we do with all players, is not allowed, or equals "turning on him".

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He has been slowing it down for ages, what we on about - that is his game! He slows it down and tries to find where he can make incisions.

He moves at his own pace, which is not always a bad thing, but again, there are MULTIPLE times there have been several options available and he has either dilly dallied, spun around and waited till the opportunity is lost then pass it backwards, or draw the foul.

As a matter of fact there are times I think a player might not even want to bother making the forward run anymore as they know they probably won't get it from him.

This is now almost like reverse Wesley. Where instead of "The whole team is shit because Wesley is shite" it's "Jack made bad decisions because everyone else is shite".

As always, truth is somewhere down the middle probably.

Completely agree. At times there's definitely a pass on and he chooses not not, even when it's well within his ability to do so. No idea if its down to instructions, playing style or lack of trust in his team mates. I believe he'd bee a even better player if he'd interchange between slowing down and going direct more often. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

I think th le disappointing thing is as captain and our best player we were hoping he would come back with a bang to drag us out of the shit. 

Essentially that is the problem 

We as fans are desperate for him to drag us out of the shit

And when it looks like he can't do it or he doesn't do it we will turn on him and criticise him, in reality the expectation or hope is our fault and our problem not his 

• Like 2

Plenty of matches this season he's the only one who's looked like PL quality. I'm not saying he's world class or anything, but it's pretty clear to me he's a very good PL footballer at this point in his career. 

There's a reason why he's linked with Man Utd and not Newcastle. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

As  always, truth is somewhere down the middle probably.

To follow up on my own post, I think I may have made an argument for why he would be more suited to a better team ( contradicting myself), as some say, with better movement.

The best teams I remember in our modern era, were quick, counter attacking and incisive with athleticism.

Perhaps, we are actually holding each other back from fulfilling our true potential. 🤷🏾‍♂️

We've actually played some good games without him.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Two separate people in the last 24 hours have told me that Grealish to Man Utd has been agreed.

One mate told me that his mate is Petrov’s best mate and he told me last night. I know he has some sort of connection to Villa because he used to always post photos of him and Ashley Young in corporate venues.

Then this morning a separate mate told me the same thing, but his source is a guy he works with that manages some finances for a lot of the Villa Youth players.

I know all of the above sounds like a mate of a mate had a dog who had a cousin etc, so take it for what it is. I’ve been told the same thing by 2 separate people in the space of about 15 hours.

18 hours ago, grobs said:

Grealish has not done it in our side though has he? If he played for city he would hold the ball for too long and slow down play just as he does for us. One good game every 10 does not make him anywhere near the level of getting in that city squad 

I don't mean this to sound as harsh as it probably does, but this is absolute bollocks :D

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rob182 said:

Two separate people in the last 24 hours have told me that Grealish to Man Utd has been agreed.

One mate told me that his mate is Petrov’s best mate and he told me last night. I know he has some sort of connection to Villa because he used to always post photos of him and Ashley Young in corporate venues.

Then this morning a separate mate told me the same thing, but his source is a guy he works with that manages some finances for a lot of the Villa Youth players.

I know all of the above sounds like a mate of a mate had a dog who had a cousin etc, so take it for what it is. I’ve been told the same thing by 2 separate people in the space of about 15 hours.

Interesting to also discover his house viewings that have been carried out in Cheshire.

5 hours ago, chrisvilla4 said:

If the UTD rumours are true, I can't say I blame him. 

Good luck to him. 

To be fair I'd mostly be pissed off that "deals have been agreed" for our Club captain whilst we are fighting for survival - before the season is over.

Illogical on multiple levels.

Also if true, I'd be amazed at people not being able to see why our team would be affected by this.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be fair I'd mostly be pissed off that "deals have been agreed" for our Club captain whilst we are fighting for survival - before the season is over.

Also if true, I'd be amazed at people not being able to see why our team would be affected by this.

This is just how modern deals are done, they take much longer than we see from the outside. Maybe United have paid a premium, or agreed a player loan coming the other way for first refusal on Jack.

It must be in Villa’s interest IF we’ve agreed to negotiate with MU at this stage of the season.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Speaking on The Ornstein & Chapman Podcast, Grealish’s agent Jonathan Barnett said that discussions over his future won’t take place until after the season has ended.

“Jack is captain of Aston Villa, his first priority at the moment is to make sure that they survive in the Premiership,” he said in response to a question about United's interest. “Until that is sorted out, we don’t have the discussion.

“He’s got his priorities right, he has a job and that’s what he’s going to do, he’s going to fight hard for Aston Villa.”

Even if he is thinking of elsewhere he's told his agent (who will have a right stiffy at the thought of a move) to play everything down.

He can't stop papers writing about him, especially when social media is half Villa fans saying he deserves to go and half saying he's given up and isn't trying.

I have zero issues with Jack's effort on the pitch. He's giving his all but the team remains not good enough.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 1

I’ve just seen some Man Utd fan page on twitter has tweeted my post above. Much to the amusement of their fans  :crylaugh:

The funny thing is that my two mates that told me are both (Birmingham based) Man Utd fans. So if any Man Utd fans reading this think it’s made up bullshit - it’s come from your own 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Haha 1

Â