The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Would any of us take Foden ( 1 - 2 year Loan) plus say 50 mill for Jack?

I actually think Foden is class.

There's no way they're loaning Foden out. 

Also that values a loan fee for Foden at around 10-20m, which is a bit extreme.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t think he would stand out though. He would be another top player amongst many.

You’re right he would get a lot more time and space though.

It will be interesting to see how he does once he gets a big move. How far he can go. Shame it can’t be with us :(

I have a regular nightmare of him coming back to Villa Park, scoring against us and kissing the badge of his new club whilst celebrating wildly with the away contingent 

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

I'd push it and ask for McTominay and £60m.

Don't think Axel is that far ahead of Konsa tbh.

That's where I think we need to be realistic about a swap deal and how utd will **** us

If it was an exchange deal we would get mctominay... Thats it... £0

Any exchange deal would involve over valuing their player, I'd take axel but not when he magically becomes worth £30-40m

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

That's where I think we need to be realistic about a swap deal and how utd will **** us

If it was an exchange deal we would get mctominay... Thats it... £0

Any exchange deal would involve over valuing their player, I'd take axel but not when he magically becomes worth £30-40m

Yeah exactly. Keep it real and not allow them to try and pull our pants down in a stupid valuation of Tuanzebe.

As it stands he is worth £20m/£25m

Not sure why Tuanzebe would be worth £20m plus, he's only played three full ninety minutes in the premer league, another two where he's played around an hour and then a bunch of times when he's come on for a couple of minutes, in other words he's hardly played any premier league football at all. He's only played about thirty games worth of championship football. I'd like us to sign him, but there's no way I'd let United use him to knock £25m off the asking price for Grealish.

If they want to use their players as part of a deal they have to be valued cheaper than they otherwise would be, not more expensive, as essentially it would be them getting rid of a player that they don't want in exchange for our best player and the one in an ideal world that we'd like to keep.

• Like 1

Going OT on foden

He's 20 in his 4th season at city, the not playing stuff as pep brings him through slowly is something barca did with their players, he's played more than iniesta, busqeuts and pep himself, slightly fewer than Xavi 

They have the luxury of not rushing him but he's going nowhere 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 2

The idea of us getting Foden is absurd.

I’d like a bit of a bidding war. Man Utd are prone to paying excessive fees and wages whilst Man City are a bit more sensible. That’s the only way we would get close to the £80m figure being touted (which I also think is absurd as [tin hat on] we really do overrate him). He’s remarkably inconsistent and always has been. I get the “value to the team” argument but that isn’t going to wash and he will force his way out one way or another. 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, grobs said:

Whoever on here said that Grealish is better than Foden, you need to take a long hard look at yourself 

Foden plays with De Bruyne, Sterling, Bernardo

Jack is playing with Nakamba, Hourihane and Trezeguet

Reverse them and see who is better

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, grobs said:

Whoever on here said that Grealish is better than Foden, you need to take a long hard look at yourself 

He has the inconsistency that comes with his age

Right now grealish is a better player in a shitter team, 5 years time foden will be a world beater 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, grobs said:

He is.

Put Grealish in that team and he'd be lighting the place up

8 minutes ago, grobs said:

Grealish is better. Foden plays in a better team, with arguably the best player in Europe atm excluding Messi and Ronaldo. Liverpool haven't shown up and let's face it foden is the player they were least worried about coming I to this game. Foden has got 4 goals and 2 assists this season, grealish has 7 and 6 albeit in more appearances. But Foden has much easier chances because De bruyne creates them for him and draws defenders away. For grealish it is the opposite. 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Foden plays with De Bruyne, Sterling, Bernardo

Jack is playing with Nakamba, Hourihane and Trezeguet

Reverse them and see who is better

I agree, but then Foden is already doing it. Would Grealish do it in that side, possibly.

50 minutes ago, Genie said:

I agree, but then Foden is already doing it. Would Grealish do it in that side, possibly.

He’s done it in one of the worst sides in the league 

Grealish has not done it in our side though has he? If he played for city he would hold the ball for too long and slow down play just as he does for us. One good game every 10 does not make him anywhere near the level of getting in that city squad 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Think about how good alli looked when he came through, now most people would say he is probably the 4th best English attack midfielder behind grealish, maddison and Mount. This is because he was playing in a great side playing to his strengths. The same with foden. It is true for loads of players, Winks, Walcott, lingard, half the Chelsea players etc. Playing in a good side makes young (all players but in this case leads to overhyping) players look better than they are. 

5 minutes ago, grobs said:

Grealish has not done it in our side though has he? If he played for city he would hold the ball for too long and slow down play just as he does for us. One good game every 10 does not make him anywhere near the level of getting in that city squad 

What are you on mate. He has slowed it down the last few games because no one moves or makes a run in behind. Before the break el ghazi, samatta or wes would often be on the shoulder of the defender forcing them to back track so Jack could break quickly we aren't doing that now so he has to slow it down. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, grobs said:

Come on grobs, what's your beef with Grealish?

Did he pick on you in school?

This season you've said he's not cut out for the Premier League, useless and now you're saying he hasn't done it in our side?!

You're either an awful awful judge of footballing ability or you're on the wind up.

• Like 2

Â