The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

8 hours ago, jim said:

Can’t see him getting in ahead of Foden and they’ve got that other Silva fella. Also can’t see where he gets in at United either unless Pogba leaves. 

He's better than Foden currently.

They have the two Silvas already and they both get plenty of gametime.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jim said:

Can’t see him getting in ahead of Foden and they’ve got that other Silva fella. Also can’t see where he gets in at United either unless Pogba leaves. 

utd I agree, ole doesn't need him, woodward knows the value of him and Sancho though, he'd sell some tractor engines that's for sure

city I disagree, if you say foden replaces silva (he's not ready for that yet either) they still need to replace sane, there's an element of them letting sane go because they don't actually need him that much anymore but pep rotates a fair bit and grealish being able to pull left is something that foden cant really do, I think he gets in that city squad, starting 30+ games is something different but he definitely could get in that squad

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He's better than Foden currently.

They have the two Silvas already and they both get plenty of gametime.

He is but I’d love to see Foden in a shit team where he plays every minute and literally everything goes through him. I reckon he’d already be a superstar.

Depending on when and IF football gets back to the new normal the big clubs and players will be forced to play a ridiculous number of games in the upcoming 2-2.5 years.

New domestic season and cups and Europa games compressed to fit in. Euro's, AFCON, WC-qualifiers and the 2022 WC, U21-Euro's, Olympics, Conmebol. Another season with more European games and domestic cups. And I'm sure there is more.

And then there is those profitable pre season trips to whatever country that is not in lock down.

Players will be looking at almost 150 games in 2.5 years. Obviously most won't play that much but the big clubs will need big squads and lots of rotations because there will be tons of muscle injuries.

For reference Ruben Neves at Wolves has already played 46 games this season in addition to 6 games with Portugal.

The backlog of games in European and world football is just silly.

Grealish will get games if he moves to a big club. 

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think the opposite. Foden is impressing when he plays because he's surrounded by world class players. He gets space, he has options all over the place, he's free to play.

In a Villa team, like Grealish, he'd be doubled up on, he'd have no passing options, and he'd be the only competent player in the squad.

Drop Grealish into the City team and he'd be fantastic

Cup final being thr prime example

Villa gave him the freedom of Wembley and he looked a world beater 

The week after vs utd he started again and completely disappeared, no impact on the game at all

Foden will get there but he's not there yet

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think the opposite. Foden is impressing when he plays because he's surrounded by world class players. He gets space, he has options all over the place, he's free to play.

In a Villa team, like Grealish, he'd be doubled up on, he'd have no passing options, and he'd be the only competent player in the squad.

Drop Grealish into the City team and he'd be fantastic

I don’t think he would stand out though. He would be another top player amongst many.

You’re right he would get a lot more time and space though.

It will be interesting to see how he does once he gets a big move. How far he can go. Shame it can’t be with us :(

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t think he would stand out though. He would be another top player amongst many.

You’re right he would get a lot more time and space though.

It will be interesting to see how he does once he gets a big move. How far he can go. Shame it can’t be with us :(

I think he'd stand out more than Foden stands out.

The only player who really stands out in the City team is De Bruyne and maybe Aguero. Everyone else are all just at the same very high level.

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I think he'd stand out more than Foden stands out.

The only player who really stands out in the City team is De Bruyne and maybe Aguero. Everyone else are all just at the same very high level.

What about Laporte and Ederson?

8 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

going OT but sterling is the obvious one...

LaPorte has been injured too much this year and ederson hasn't stood out that much, so the "same very high level" applies to him

25 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

going OT but sterling is the obvious one...

LaPorte has been injured too much this year and ederson hasn't stood out that much, so the "same very high level" applies to him

I forgot about Sterling, I don’t know how. I think Laporte is one of the best defenders in the world when fit. Ederson is still one of the best keepers in the world for me, especially with his feet 

44 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I don’t think they particularly stand out because the rest of the team is so good

KDB and a peak Aguero are the only Man City players who appear significantly better than the other players in the team. Which is how I take sticking out to mean

• Thanks 1

Linked with Dortmund. Iffy link but still.

Now that would be fantastic but sadly can't see it unless they sell Sancho (or Haaland) for massive money

It's a joke how high I rate him.

People asking where he'd be at Utd? Anywhere.

Within four months he'd be first choice and playing in all their 'big' games.

Because Fernandes is there he'd likely get pushed wide or deeper, but I think he's better than him as well to be honest.

We must hold on for at least £75m.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

utd I agree, ole doesn't need him, woodward knows the value of him and Sancho though, he'd sell some tractor engines that's for sure

city I disagree, if you say foden replaces silva (he's not ready for that yet either) they still need to replace sane, there's an element of them letting sane go because they don't actually need him that much anymore but pep rotates a fair bit and grealish being able to pull left is something that foden cant really do, I think he gets in that city squad, starting 30+ games is something different but he definitely could get in that squad

Would any of us take Foden ( 1 - 2 year Loan) plus say 50 mill for Jack?

I actually think Foden is class.

6 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

If it's Utd, I would settle for £60m & Tuanzebe.

I'd push it and ask for McTominay and £60m.

Don't think Axel is that far ahead of Konsa tbh.

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Would any of us take Foden ( 1 - 2 year Loan) plus say 50 mill for Jack?

I actually think Foden is class.

Definitely a two year loan! Foden for two years and £50m would be a great deal.

Never gonna happen.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 2

Â