The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Fernandez might be a better player, but that doesn’t change the likelihood that Grealish will go for more money. English, proven Premier League talent, with box office appeal.

Drinkwater went to Chelsea for more than Kante. Wrap your head around that. English players cost more.

• Like 3

Fernandez isn't a better player than Grealish. And plenty of other players no better than Grealish have gone for much more than £50m, and plenty more players no better than him, actually probably quite a bit worse, will also go for £50m plus.

There's a reason teams like Man CIty, and Man Utd want him, why people are desperate to sell him and worse sell him on th cheap I'm not sure.

To be honest I thinkthre's an element people knowing very well that he won't go for as little as £50m but are trying to convince themselves that he will, so when we get a bigger transfer fee they can act like we've received way more than he's worth and it won't be so bad that he's gone.

Just now, KentVillan said:

Fernandez might be a better player, but that doesn’t change the likelihood that Grealish will go for more money. English, proven Premier League talent, with box office appeal.

Drinkwater went to Chelsea for more than Kante. Wrap your head around that. English players cost more.

True. I just think if Jack was an 80 million pound player or even a 50 million pound player he would be doing more for us right now. I’d look at the 5 teams in the scrap and say we’re the only team with a world class player so we have a chance. Unfortunately we’re just not being able to say that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, useless said:

Fernandez isn't a better player than Grealish. And plenty of other players no better than Grealish have gone for much more than £50m, and plenty more players no better than him, actually probably quite a bit worse, will also go for £50m plus.

There's a reason teams like Man CIty, and Man Utd want him, why people are desperate to sell him and worse sell him on th cheap I'm not sure.

To be honest I thinkthre's an element people knowing very well that he won't go for as little as £50m but are trying to convince themselves that he will, so when we get a bigger transfer fee they can act like we've received way more than he's worth and it won't be so bad that he's gone.

That’s just silly mate. We all have our opinions on how much he is worth. I bet you he won’t go for more than 50 million. 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

True. I just think if Jack was an 80 million pound player or even a 50 million pound player he would be doing more for us right now. I’d look at the 5 teams in the scrap and say we’re the only team with a world class player so we have a chance. Unfortunately we’re just not being able to say that. 

This is where I'm at too, the more I see of him my opinions of him have changed.

A world-class player would have helped us more after the restart or wouldn't have gone missing against the likes of Bournemouth and Southampton.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Just the nature of Jack’s position. A playmaker surrounded by donkeys is the last thing you need in a relegation battle.

He’ll look very good indeed in a better side, with more space, more time on the ball, and better teammates making better runs for him.

I think more than one PL club will be interested in him, and he’ll be a marquee summer signing for whoever gets him. It’ll be a hefty transfer fee.

Not really people do it all the time, like convincing themselves that we're going to lose a match before it happens so they can't be disappointed.

If he doesn't go for more than £50m then he won't go at all, our owners aren't going to let him go on the cheap.

• Like 2

Just now, KentVillan said:

Just the nature of Jack’s position. A playmaker surrounded by donkeys is the last thing you need in a relegation battle.

He’ll look very good indeed in a better side, with more space, more time on the ball, and better teammates making better runs for him.

I think more than one PL club will be interested in him, and he’ll be a marquee summer signing for whoever gets him. It’ll be a hefty transfer fee.

I suppose he has got the look as well. It’s a glamorous signing in many ways. I still think he’s a bit overrated. Maybe if we stay up the fee will be a lot higher. 

47 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

@villa4europe Condescending much....Oh I understand completely.

According to you he is going down easy because he is the focus and doesn't believe in his fellow teammates.

This sems a) arrogant and b) disrespectful.

Top guy Grealish, you paint a grand picture of him.

Like I said don't understand... 

He doesn't have a pass on the majority of the time he has the ball because our off the ball movement is killing us, we are **** terrible at it

Some of us really are deluded about "how good Jack is" currently 🤦🏾‍♂️.

In comparison to top players in his position, he is slow as well, I mean that in both gameplay and running speed.

Jack is a VERY good player, but some of the players I see people write off as "not as good as Jack" or "Far inferior to Jack" is Claret specs on steroids.

Jack COULD be a superstar in a slower , more technical league IMO.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 4

@villa4europe Like I said, I do understand but thanks for repeating yourself....

Well done for adding an extra-level of information behind your reasoning process. Still I understand, movement sure yes it's crap, see I understand 😉

But as was said earlier by @KentVillan his theatrics aren't helping us either as we gain nothing from him holding onto the ball so much.

He can have some faith in those around him a little more, just a bit. Again it's arrogance on his part if that's the case....

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

@villa4europe Like I said, I do understand but thanks for repeating yourself....

Well done for adding an extra-level of information behind your reasoning process. Still I understand, movement sure yes it's crap, see I understand 😉

But as was said earlier by @KentVillan his theatrics aren't helping us either as we gain nothing from him holding onto the ball so much.

He can have some faith in those around him a little more, just a bit. Again it's arrogance on his part if that's the case....

To be fair 90% of teams in the league would have made more of that amount of freekicks in dangerous areas we get because of Jack. I can’t believe how bad we are at them. Any free kick or corner is just not a threat! 

In fact was the Elmo goal the first headed goal from a corner this season? I’m struggling to think of another.

edit: just remembered Engels goal. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

20 minutes ago, useless said:

Not really people do it all the time, like convincing themselves that we're going to lose a match before it happens so they can't be disappointed.

If he doesn't go for more than £50m then he won't go at all, our owners aren't going to let him go on the cheap.

Yes but can you keep an unhappy player. I think we will get more than £50m anyway but not as much as 80

8 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

His out ball vs Wolves was 15 yards back down the line to Taylor  or 10 yards Westwood style pass to Luiz

That was it. You cant have faith if nobody wants it hence that time he had to dribble past 5 Wolves defender to win a corner 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

No way is he worth 80 million. Man U paid around 50 million for Fernandaz and he is a better player than Grealish in my opinion. 

I think if we get 50 million for Grealish we’d have done well. 

Grealish is English though, that adds an "English" tax generally speaking.

More like some underrate Grealish because he's not the typical British type winger player that's all about pace and looking good in highlights. People are hardly deluded about how good he is if teams like Man CIty and Man Utd want him. Pretty sure if you go on a Wolves forum you won't see them trying to sell off Neves or Adama for £50m, neither of whom are as good as Grealish, or Leicster fans wanting anything less than £80m for Maddison.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

His out ball vs Wolves was 15 yards back down the line to Taylor  or 10 yards Westwood style pass to Luiz

That was it. You cant have faith if nobody wants it hence that time he had to dribble past 5 Wolves defender to win a corner 

Sorry mate but there are multiple occasions on which he could have made an effective forward pass, and chose to either spin around or dilly dally until the opportunity was gone.

It's not always about "not having faith", sometimes it is clearly just bad decision making or arrogance. Or dare I say, wanting to put on a I'm Jack Grealish display and failing.

Don't get me wrong, some of the best players in the world are guilty of the same at times. However let's not kid ourselves ffs.

If he made more of those mazy effective runs you point to I doubt anyone would have a problem.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think we could hold out for 50 million for him. 

I'll be devastated if we only get £50m.

1 hour ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

Looking at this United team, not sure where he plays tbh

Anywhere. 

26 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Some of us really are deluded about "how good Jack is" currently 🤦🏾‍♂️.

In comparison to top players in his position, he is slow as well, I mean that in both gameplay and running speed.

Jack is a VERY good player, but some of the players I see people write off as "not as good as Jack" or "Far inferior to Jack" is Claret specs on steroids.

Jack COULD be a superstar in a slower , more technical league IMO.

Disagree. He's top. Opens teams up for fun as soon as he has any movement ahead of him. He will be flavour of the month as soon as he moves. "Oh wow, Grealish has improved". Nope, he's always been this good.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, useless said:

I think its a tactic we have all evolved in to......We have all grown a tortoise shell now.

Â