The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

He is the only player that the opposition fear in our team. Pretty much every team man mark or double man mark him. Even the likes of Chelsea put Kante on him from the get go.  He’s marshalled all over the pitch, yet still is the only one looking to create. 
Yes he’s not at his best, but he’s still our best player. Put him in a team with good players around him and he’ll shine. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sidcow said:

So we should turn on him? You don't like how the papers portray a possible move and you don't feel he's played very well over the last 4 games so we should turn on him.  That's the spirt. 

Barring 10 games last season and the play off final pretty much the ONLY enjoyable thing about watching Villa for 4 years has been Jack Grealish who incidentally dragged us into this league last year and has single-handedly ensured we are not dead and buried already. 

If there is one single person at this club over the last 4 years who deserves our unwavering support it is Jack. 

And if he does go and we are relegated his passing gift will be enough money to rebuild the rest of the squad without needing to risk the club going bust again. 

Maybe David O'Leary had a point because it's certainly looking that way. 

Nobody suggested turning on him at all, merely conjuring debate. Grealish has been nowhere near his previous bet and Luiz has stood out hence his MOTM performances of late.

Indeed apart from Luiz and Grealish we are struggling to find good players unfortunately. 

This all points to someone i.e., Grealish going through the motions. I mentioned Tevez earlier who single-handedly performed at 100% to drag Wet Spam to stay up; in contrast to our current plight Grealish isn't doing that so I ask why? Is it that he's not actually that good? Is it that his heart is elsewhere? Is it completely because the rest of the team are rubbish; well surely no as Luiz has even standout since the restart...

Grealish has my support if he is fully-committed to the job which at present time seems to not really be the case. Hence the reason I was inspired to ask these questions.

It seems some of you are quite happy to allow him to just turn up, fall around and wave his arms about because he's Jack Grealish and he deserves our support. I can't believe I'm hearing this: "if anyone deserves our support its Jack Grealish" rhetoric, it's blind and ludicrous. We have several passengers in our current XI as it is.

And by the way it's easy to put words in each other's mouths and suggest we should all turn on him and demand he jinks his way past three players and score; if you actually read my post correctly you would realise I said nothing of the sort.

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

This all points to someone i.e., Grealish going through the motions. I mentioned Tevez earlier who single-handedly performed at 100% to drag Wet Spam to stay up; in contrast to our current plight Grealish isn't doing that so I ask why? Is it that he's not actually that good? Is it that his heart is elsewhere? Is it completely because the rest of the team are rubbish; well surely no as Luiz has even standout since the restart...

Tevez got 7 goals that season and didnt score until March. Jack has already 7 goals this season.

Tevez goals kept them up but he wasnt even West Ham top scorer that season

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Tevez got 7 goals that season and didnt score until March. Jack has already 7 goals this season.

Tevez goals kept them up but he wasnt even West Ham top scorer that season

Do you realise Tevez scored his first of seven PL goals on 4th March 2007, as I say he was monumental in keeping them up even scoring in the final match of the season a 1-0 win against Manure.

As I say he kept them up last couple of months!

A bidding war for Grealish among several top clubs could be a blessing in disguise for us.

There was a time when I thought Grealish was worth more to us than any other club would be willing to spend. But watching the PL this season, it’s clear that an all-round solid squad with no stand out players is better than having one star man.

If we get a really good price for him - say £80m plus add ons for trophies, apps, caps, etc - then that would set us up for a much better season next year, with a more rounded squad. Yes he’d be a huge loss, and I’d miss watching him, but I think it would be a deal that would work in our favour.

Also, who really wants to watch him being double or triple marked and fouled off the park every week while we lose matches? Is anyone gaining anything at the moment?

• Like 2

Leroy Sane sold for £45m possibly rising to £55m.

Actually younger than Grealish, but more established with a few full PL seasons under his belt, and 20 caps for Germany. No chance we get near £80m for Jack.

6 minutes ago, Enda said:

Actually younger than Grealish, but more established with a few full PL seasons under his belt, and 20 caps for Germany. No chance we get near £80m for Jack.

Out of contract next summer and there's the 6 month thing for foreign clubs, bayern could have signed him up in jan

Does now mean that with sane and silva gone grealish is a good fit for City 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Enda said:

Premium for an English player, more marketable, more versatile, and doesn’t have Sane’s reputation for falling out with teammates or managers. Think £80m isn’t too far from reality.

Edit: and completely different contract situation as @villa4europe says.

Edited by KentVillan
  • Like 3

The two posts above have explained why, using Sané as a benchmark, Grealish should in theory be worth more than that.  City don't need Sané either, having played all season without him due to his ACL injury,  that may mean he never performs at his previous level again, so their price is reflecting that too.

Also may mean he is more likely to go there than waste his potential at United

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

Also who really wants to watch him being double or triple marked and fouled off the park every week while we lose matches? Is anyone gaining anything at the moment?

This is pretty much what I was hinting at too.

Out of the 140 fouls on Grealish we are not benefiting from his theatrics much at all.

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

This is pretty much what I was hinting at too.

Out of the 140 fouls on Grealish we are not benefiting from his theatrics much at all.

Then I think you misunderstand what is happening

If he signed for city I'd be surprised if he has half that number next season 

1) because he won't be targeted in the same way

2) because he will have an out ball

• Like 1

I think we are going to see a major reduction in prem clubs spending on players during this covid situation.

Jadon sancho was being touted a while back at close to 100m..and now  you have teams saying no more than 50m

I think it is time for jack to leave...we will be lucky to get 50m with addons

The rebuild of the squad needs to  happen soon and moving away from jack grealish utd cant happen sooner for me.

• Like 1

If no one is prepapred to play a lot more than £50m for Grealish then he won't be leaving whatever division we're in next season. If City want to let Sancho for that much then that's their choice, but they're not going to get a player that's probably more suited to them than pretty much any other player that can think of, and their manager himself called one of the best players in the league for as low as £50m, for me it has to be a transfer fee that reflects his ability, if we were in a position to we wouldn't be able to replace Grealish with a player as good as him with £50m even if were able to attract one. For me £80m still the least we should accept.

• Like 1

It’s become a circus surrounding Grealish, and the time is right to go separate ways. Hopefully it should benefit both parties. I’d prefer he wasn’t captain, but I don’t see Dean Smith taking it away from him. Which is a mistake, IMO. To me Grealish has looked subdued most of 2020. Let’s hope he can find some form for a couple games or so and leave us having been instrumental in keeping us up. I’m concerned he won’t, though. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, useless said:

If no one is prepapred to play a lot more than £50m for Grealish then he won't be leaving whatever division we're in next season. If City want to let Sancho for that much then that's their choice, but they're not going to get a player that's probably more suited to them than pretty much any other player that can think of, and their manager himself called one of the best players in the league for as low as £50m, for me it has to be a transfer fee that reflects his ability, if we were in a position to we wouldn't be able to replace Grealish with a player as good as him with £50m even if were able to attract one. For me £80m still the least we should accept.

No way is he worth 80 million. Man U paid around 50 million for Fernandaz and he is a better player than Grealish in my opinion. 

I think if we get 50 million for Grealish we’d have done well. 

• Like 1

Â