The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

He is far too good for us atm.

IF we stop up i would replace Smith, and try and keep him, if we go down we will have to sell him, and good luck to him. A lovely footballer, and a pleasure to watch.

£70M off Ure and their young LB, and if fit Alex T, would be a reasonable as i can see Targett going as well

4 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

He is far too good for us atm.

IF we stop up i would replace Smith, and try and keep him, if we go down we will have to sell him, and good luck to him. A lovely footballer, and a pleasure to watch.

£70M off Ure and their young LB, and if fit Alex T, would be a reasonable as i can see Targett going as well

Williams? 

No chance, he's another one that utd would price at around £50m at least, maybe even straight swap (which I don't think they'd do anyway) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Earlier in the season I was so worried about being relegated and losing Jack. Since project restart, I find myself barely being able to care about football in general, or selling him or not. Will be a shame if he goes of course. But..... meh. 

The lack of effort is hard. I hope the club gets a good price and it’s a solid reinvestment. Relegation or not, I think there’s an idea of how to build something long-term in my eyes. A clean break is good for both club and Grealish. He’s clearly not that interested in keeping Villa up. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Enda said:

Think a lot of you will be upset when Jack leaves this summer for £44m.

Hope I’m wrong.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's a realistic price given what corona has done to the market and if we go down and being forced to sell. My biggest hope of getting more is that Man U likes to overpay.

Hope he starts showing over the last games that he is worth more...

With Jack it's a bit like with a wife, you love her until she says she want to leave you. I could as a grown up man have a poster of Jack on my wall, he is perhaps my favourit Villa player of all times, the best I've seen, and worth more to us than anyone would pay. But his body language over the last few games says he wants to leave us.

And if he can't keep us up, well then he perhaps isn't our Messiah anyway.

Hoping for a fairy tale ending to the season though with Jack pulling the strings!

8 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

That meme doesn't work post lockdown, althoguh given its from a Man City fan that isn't a surprise. He's been one of the most disappointing players in these last few games. Guess you can partially blame Smith for playing him out wide, but even so, the meme doesn't work yet.

I don't buy that he doesn't want to keep us up.  Maybe subconsciously he's struggling with the fact he will have to leave if he wants to fulfil the current view of what a successful football career looks like.  Maybe his desire to stay and see Villa become a force again is fighting that or any other demon that is encouraging him to leave and his mindset is taking a hit. Confidence may be hit based on our results and his respectice performances. The court appearance may be playing on his mind. His fitness will no doubt be weak, given he was getting drunk at McCormacks during lockdown,  I doubt he was fully committed to the season restarting.

If he accepts that he's moving,  or decides he's staying, it should free his mind. the court decision will probably treat him kindly being the high profile person he is. His fitness will get better.  There's every chance he becomes our saviour, or fulfils that meme in the remaining games.  

35 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I wouldn't be surprised if that's a realistic price given what corona has done to the market and if we go down and being forced to sell. My biggest hope of getting more is that Man U likes to overpay.

What has Corona done to the market? The only teams that will suffer are low league ones who will sell their players for cheap. At the top level high fees will still be paid. Chelsea have just signed Werner, Arthur is going to Juve from Barca for a high fee. 

We’ll get a high price for Jack. 

17 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

What has Corona done to the market? The only teams that will suffer are low league ones who will sell their players for cheap. At the top level high fees will still be paid. Chelsea have just signed Werner, Arthur is going to Juve from Barca for a high fee. 

They are paying about £10m for him as Pjanic is going to Barca. 

But since the agents still want their piece of the pie it's not a player trade + money but 2 separate transfers.

He's still our best player, but really irking me at the moment. It's so frustrating that it takes him half a dozen matches to get up to speed, you can maybe get away with that at the start of a proper season but at the start of a 10 game must win run of games to save us from relegation? Come on, was it that much of an ask to spend a few months working your butt off instead of partying with your mates and come back fit and firing?

It's only another 10 games and you'd get to head off to Manchester a Villa legend having dragged us through to the end, instead of ending your time at Villa with a whimper 

29 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

From what I have read it has done loads, some clubs have had to take quite big loans just to keep running, Tottenham for example. At our own club players have taken a wage cut of 25%. Clubs have calculated with income from home games, now around 25% of that income is gone, it also effects the sponsorship deals. It is still uncertain if next season will be played with empty seats or not. The uncertainty and in the bigger picture the downturn in the economy effects the banks and the possibility for clubs to get loans.

Chelsea is the big exception here, as they have been banned from signing players over the last windows they have had money saved, their owner has seen the corona situation as an opportunity to make Chelsea genuine title challegers again and is supposedly ready to take advantage of the situation. From what I have read Werner was going to Liverpool, but because of the uncertainty the corona situation has caused neither the owners nor Klopp found it responsible to splash that much money currently. Arthur is going to Juve yes, but Pjanic is going the other way meaning Juve is only paying around £15M. Also Barca have been said to have problems buying players this summer, must sell first.

Perhaps Man C or PSG can use state oil money to splash on the market, and perhaps one or two mega rich owners who haven't lost much of their money will be able to spend or take advantage of the situation, but for others I think austerity will rule and prices go down quite much or simply few deals will be made, more swap deals like the Arthur - Pjanic one.

Edited by Keener window-cleaner
  • Like 1

People saying he is gone are delusional. He can only leave if we agree to sell him. He has 3 years after this one on his contract so he can't force his way out. If the money isn't right we won't sell him.

Someone said 44 million pounds which is stupid because we know if the market recivers we can get 2-3 times that the year after. 

4 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

FFP is temporarily waived too. If anything, I expect a temporary boost in transfer fees.

• Like 1

Again, what corona has done to the market is its given the buyers less to spend

Its done nothing to the sellers... 

If we don't want to sell Jack and valued him at £80m pre virus our position now is not we don't want to sell him and we value him at £50m because that's all man utd can afford

It has no impact on his value 

10 hours ago, MrBlack said:

That meme doesn't work post lockdown, althoguh given its from a Man City fan that isn't a surprise. He's been one of the most disappointing players in these last few games. Guess you can partially blame Smith for playing him out wide, but even so, the meme doesn't work yet.

I don't buy that he doesn't want to keep us up.  Maybe subconsciously he's struggling with the fact he will have to leave if he wants to fulfil the current view of what a successful football career looks like.  Maybe his desire to stay and see Villa become a force again is fighting that or any other demon that is encouraging him to leave and his mindset is taking a hit. Confidence may be hit based on our results and his respectice performances. The court appearance may be playing on his mind. His fitness will no doubt be weak, given he was getting drunk at McCormacks during lockdown,  I doubt he was fully committed to the season restarting.

If he accepts that he's moving,  or decides he's staying, it should free his mind. the court decision will probably treat him kindly being the high profile person he is. His fitness will get better.  There's every chance he becomes our saviour, or fulfils that meme in the remaining games.  

I don't buy his position being an issue, as I believe he has a free role and can more or less do what he wants on the pitch. 

He's definitely not right, though, for whatever reason - and this is absolutely the worst time for him to be going through a trough in form. 

We really need him to pick himself up. 

11 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

From what I have read it has done loads, some clubs have had to take quite big loans just to keep running, Tottenham for example.

Who else that you've heard of? Tottenham are quite unique in that they just spent £1bn on a stadium.

At our own club players have taken a wage cut of 25%.

They deferred 25% of their salary for 4 months while there was uncertainty. They'll be getting paid that shortly and it's peanuts in the grand scheme of things anyway.

Clubs have calculated with income from home games, now around 25% of that income is gone, it also effects the sponsorship deals.

I'd be interested to see where you've read that matchday income figure as it seems a bit high. Sponsorship deals I guess it remains to be seen. As long as good numbers are still watching on TV I don't see why it would have a big impact on a shirt sponsor for example. 

The uncertainty and in the bigger picture the downturn in the economy effects the banks and the possibility for clubs to get loans.

I'm not sure clubs will want to be debt loading anyway*. It's exactly this reason I think we will see big name players being sold.

*Of course anyone would at the rate Tottenham borrowed at as you'd make a profit just sticking it in the bank and taking the excess interest.

Edited by Sam-AVFC

Â