The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

He's not a central player, why everyone thought this I do not know. 

Get him back out wide to at least try and get some form back because he's been pretty awful since the restart. 

• Like 1

Have to give credit to Wolves anyway, defensively they are superb.

Although saying that it can't be hard to work out our game plan of give the ball to Jack and hope something happens. 

No wonder he can't do anything.

43 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Knowing Jack's previous for partying , it looks like he had a good lockdown because he has looked a billion miles off it since coming back.
All the top players have gone back with a bang.

That is the difference and then will always be his achilles heel. He likes a good time.

Are all the top players playing in a squad as dogshit as ours? 

He was our best player today. Messi would struggle playing with that lot. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

At this point I actually think this will be better for us in the long run anyway.

This jack we have is crap. Rather get 80m sack smith, get a decent manager in and invest in a good squad not rely on one superb player hoping he will do well.

• Like 1

He looks far from captain material to me. He looks happy to play himself as a victim - a good player letdown by his teammates.

I can see why opposition fans/players dislike him.

In this period of time, we could've done with him to behave himself off the pitch and bust a gut on it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Morkery said:

He looks far from captain material to me. He looks happy to play himself as a victim - a good player letdown by his teammates.

I can see why opposition fans/players dislike him.

In this period of time, we could've done with him to behave himself off the pitch and bust a gut on it.

Must admit compared to past captains I’ve seen down Villa the likes of Richardson Southgate, Townsend, Barry etc....Grealish would never be a captain as never see him talking to anyone on the pitch like I have with others 

Carried the team this season but if you rely on one man too much it’s easy to snuff out. Felt sorry for him today. Nobody else in the team will take responsibility. Even Luiz plays safety first football 

• Like 1

Grealish has almost become a problem in our team, and one of the reason's we're playing so poorly.

Hear me out.

Everytime players on our team get the ball, they look for him. Play goes in his direction to get him on the ball.

At times he drops deep and out of position to get on the ball.

When he does get the ball he holds onto it for too long and is reluctant to pass to his team mates, likely as he knows they will lose it.

We no longer play as a team, we are a one man team and it shows.

Don't get me wrong he's a special player and we are going to miss him massively but we need to become less reliant on an individual.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Farlz said:

He's not a central player, why everyone thought this I do not know. 

Get him back out wide to at least try and get some form back because he's been pretty awful since the restart. 

He's always been on the left in the youth teams too. A lcf in between lw and cf is his position. 

Jack is not the right player for a team that's as poor as we are. He'll shine in a team that's got the upper hand. In a lethargic team on the back foot like ours he's not going to be successful. He'd be great for us in the Championship or for a top half team in the PL.

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

One half decent moment today when he spun to take a volley but hit it right in to an opponent.

He was poor today, really poor, to the point I think we'd have done better without him. at least 3 occasions we broke with numbers, gave him the ball, and he just held on to the ball, slowed down, and let them regroup. He can't play the counter attacking style at all.

I can guarantee you we wouldn't

5 hours ago, sidcow said:

Most fouled player in the league "by quite some margin" according to the commentator. 

So sick of this.  It was supposed to be happening in the Championship because of all the cart horse players and him standing out.  Was supposed to be different in The Premier League.  Why do the officials still allow this? 

Boly took him down at least 3 times today, didn’t get booked. Mings did one foul on Jimenez and got booked. It does seem, his reputation for going down easily (albeit whilst fouled) goes against him 

I'm quite disappointed in him since the restart. I had expected hm to come out leading the team, showing desire and enthusiasm, but he has looked almost disinterested and like he has given up. Sure, he makes some good moves and still plays well, but compare his body language and his desire now compared with for example the Wembley final that we lost, of the two semi-finals last year. He was running his guts out, now he isn't.

Time to make a good goodby Jack by making one last effort for Villa in the remaining games.

Edited by Keener window-cleaner
  • Like 2

Â