The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 hours ago, AVTuco said:

What's with you Jack? We need your best right now. You need to put everything on the line. All the time. Relentlessly.

You have the ability. Get your head back in it.

To be fair when I think of him playing in "The middle" I picture it as floating behind the striker or a front 2.

What I see resembles nothing like that 

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Indigo said:

This thread is ridiculous 😂 As if we don't have a heap of stuff to legitimately complain about.

The guy was at the centre of most of the few positive moments we had in the game, what do people want him to do exactly? Skin an entire Premier League team on his own and stick it in the top corner? He's a playmaker for a side whose attacking options today included El Ghazi, Trezeguet, and a subpar centre back stuck out at right back trying to overlap. 

Any time we go through a shite run of performances that doesn't include him winning us points by himself you see people saying he doesn't care/was always overrated. Even happened last season. Really weird behaviour. I'd make the most of him being here while we can because if not for him we'd probably already be relegated by now.

Yeah all this ‘his heads gone’ and ‘he’s got his move’ stuff is bollocks in my opinion. He is doing his best and is still our best player. He just isn’t this world beater that some fans made him out to be. He can’t do it all by himself.  He is still crucial  to us having any chance of staying up though.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Amed said:

Does he practice taking corners?

reminds of a dad joke: I know a dog who goes and sits in the corner every time the doorbell rings. He’s a boxer.

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be fair when I think of him playing in "The middle" I picture it as floating behind the striker or a front 2.

What I see resembles nothing like that 

Are you sure you wanted to quote me?

2 hours ago, AVTuco said:

Are you sure you wanted to quote me?

Oh mate, wrong post lol.

It was in response to someone who said "That should put to bed the play Jack in the middle myth", but i've forgotten who.

Most fouled player in the league "by quite some margin" according to the commentator. 

So sick of this.  It was supposed to be happening in the Championship because of all the cart horse players and him standing out.  Was supposed to be different in The Premier League.  Why do the officials still allow this? 

47 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Most fouled player in the league "by quite some margin" according to the commentator. 

So sick of this.  It was supposed to be happening in the Championship because of all the cart horse players and him standing out.  Was supposed to be different in The Premier League.  Why do the officials still allow this? 

Commentator said it's 20% more than any other player from any season and we've still got loads of games to go.  I do wonder if sometimes he could stay on his feet a bit more even when he is being fouled as I think he is strong enough to shake a lot off and would mean either he gets past the man or they get more desperate to stop him and have to make a stronger foul that gets a yellow card.  At the moment the oppo can just take it in turns to give away softer free kicks without any real major punishment either from the ref or us.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Commentator said it's 20% more than any other player from any season and we've still got loads of games to go.  I do wonder if sometimes he could stay on his feet a bit more even when he is being fouled as I think he is strong enough to shake a lot off and would mean either he gets past the man or they get more desperate to stop him and have to make a stronger foul that gets a yellow card.  At the moment the oppo can just take it in turns to give away softer free kicks without any real major punishment either from the ref or us.

Yes, and let's face it, the free kicks aren't really helping us are they.  We are so bad at set pieces. 

• Like 1

Knowing Jack's previous for partying , it looks like he had a good lockdown because he has looked a billion miles off it since coming back.
All the top players have gone back with a bang.

That is the difference and then will always be his achilles heel. He likes a good time.

Same as always, we aren’t on it as a team, blame grealish

he has the ball, he beats a man, he has absolutely **** all on, no movement, no one showing, nothing...but it’s jacks fault

he is completely wasted at villa

• Like 1

Â