The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

Plays like he's given up on the team. No tempo, releases the ball late, won't take players on or have a shot at goal. Not a leader on the pitch. What's wrong?

Do people want him to actually leave? That's what I get from all these posts reading too much into things and seeing what they want to see. He was our only player making things happen and playing with any sort of tempo. 

• Like 3

I think him falling over at the touch of a feather all the time doesn’t help us at the moment. I understand that free kicks etc are a good outlet, but we just constantly have to regroup and restart. We have no momentum for long periods. If jack tried to stay on his feet like St Maximin did today, maybe we would have had better results.. I’m mostly past caring now anyway with the current squad / manager / season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Garbage, got his move lined up this summer so has completely zoned out. 

Can only have his move lined up if we have agreed to sell him if not he is here for another 4 years. 

Constantly having his shirt pulled hacked at ,even had his hair pulled at one stage. In the first half one or two more players looked like doing something.  In the second half Grealish was front and centre to most of our good work.  Most fouled in the league by around 60 fouls. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Indigo said:

This thread is ridiculous 😂 As if we don't have a heap of stuff to legitimately complain about.

The guy was at the centre of most of the few positive moments we had in the game, what do people want him to do exactly? Skin an entire Premier League team on his own and stick it in the top corner? He's a playmaker for a side whose attacking options today included El Ghazi, Trezeguet, and a subpar centre back stuck out at right back trying to overlap. 

Any time we go through a shite run of performances that doesn't include him winning us points by himself you see people saying he doesn't care/was always overrated. Even happened last season. Really weird behaviour. I'd make the most of him being here while we can because if not for him we'd probably already be relegated by now.

I've been saying this facetiously for years now but am starting to suspect it just might be true. FIFA has ruined people's perception of football. Jack was literally the only one making things happen. His movement, his touches, the way he was drawing in defenders and then picking out the open man was crucial. It's not his fault the open man ended up being Trezeguet or Konsa who couldn't do anything with the ball.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Indigo said:

This thread is ridiculous 😂 As if we don't have a heap of stuff to legitimately complain about.

The guy was at the centre of most of the few positive moments we had in the game, what do people want him to do exactly? Skin an entire Premier League team on his own and stick it in the top corner? He's a playmaker for a side whose attacking options today included El Ghazi, Trezeguet, and a subpar centre back stuck out at right back trying to overlap. 

Any time we go through a shite run of performances that doesn't include him winning us points by himself you see people saying he doesn't care/was always overrated. Even happened last season. Really weird behaviour. I'd make the most of him being here while we can because if not for him we'd probably already be relegated by now.

If there was just one more consistent performer like him he'd be even more effective.  Jack Grealish is the man you stop to stop Aston Villa. Yet he has been one of the best players in the league. 

• Like 1

Just now, Keyblade said:

I've been saying this facetiously for years now but am starting to suspect it just might be true. FIFA has ruined people's perception of football. Jack was literally the only one making things happen. His movement, his touches, the way he was drawing in defenders and then picking out the open man was crucial. It's not his fault the open man ended up being Trezeguet or Konsa who couldn't do anything with the ball.

Even Robbie I hate everything about Aston Villa Savage was praising him. He never praises anything associated to us.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

Hopefully that's the "Grealish needs to be played in the middle" nonsense put to bed. 

I disagree on that one as I personally think he should be played in the middle. 

A midfield central 3 of McGinn, Luiz and Grealish is a good start and no surprise we got something out the game.

• Like 2

Just now, Brumstopdogs said:

I disagree on that one as I personally think he should be played in the middle. 

A midfield central 3 of McGinn, Luiz and Grealish is a good start and no surprise we got something out the game.

A fit McGinn and a decent front line in front of him and Jack would be way more effective. As it stands, he has to carry McGinn and he has nothing to work with up front. 

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

A fit McGinn and a decent front line in front of him and Jack would be way more effective. As it stands, he has to carry McGinn and he has nothing to work with up front. 

Yeah that is a problem but hopefully McGinn will regain his fitness and pehaps 2 up front would help Jack have more to work with.

Edited by Brumstopdogs

18 minutes ago, Indigo said:

He's by far and away our best. But he's been too quiet. We need more of Jack. He needs to have more of a killer instinct.

This is of course because we have no-one else. It's all on Jack.

The guy is getting man marked and is constantly fouled.

It's pretty obvious for anyone playing us, stop Grealish, you stop any threat we have.

If he had better players around him he'd have a much better time of it. 

It's a multitude of things.

He isn't as good as we think he is. He's still pretty bloody good though.

His style of play and ability to buy fouls is a blessing and a curse. He's so good at keeping the ball he gets fouled constantly, which in a better team is an asset because you're getting constant freekicks. With us, whose set pieces are diabolical, all it does is destroy momentum (of which we have sod all anyway) because our game is give it to Jack and hope he creates something. The opposition just need to harry him and they'll commit a soft foul which is no threat and gives them time to reorganise.

His ability to get fouls also works against him directly though. It's fairly clear that refs don't really appreciate his ease at going down, and a lot of them basically allow him to be constantly fouled by the same faces because they see the fouls as soft and won't give out cards. And it also means that on occasion he'll not get a foul when he should.

It is also true imo that he's, at times this season, looked off. At the moment I do think he's playing a little within himself and not really going all out. He's still the best player in the shirt every week but the heights he can reach aren't there. It's fairly clear he's got his future sorted out and I think that, even subconsciously, is having an effect - he knows he's going, he knows his career lies away from Villa and he's not as committed now. 

We'll miss him when he's gone of course, but sadly he is gone, and everyone at the club is well aware of it.

Â