The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

22 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The situation when we last went down was totally totally different.

We had an absolutely garbage squad for a start. Our squad now isn't amazing but it's a damn sight better than the one we went down with. We were filled with toxic, shit, old players. We needed a total rebuild.
Behind the scenes was a **** mess. We had no money, and had just been taken over by a charlatan who also had no money and nearly drove us out of business.

We were in absolute freefall and were heading the way of Sunderland before we thankfully managed to turn it around.

We are in a far far far stronger position this time than we were back then. It's night and day. You could drop our current squad into the Championship and it would get promoted. We'd lose a couple of players sure but we'd have a relative fortune to replace them with excellent Championship players.

I'm not scared of relegation.

Absolutely. 

I have no doubt that we'd be fighting for the title in the championship next year. 

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The situation when we last went down was totally totally different.

We had an absolutely garbage squad for a start. Our squad now isn't amazing but it's a damn sight better than the one we went down with. We were filled with toxic, shit, old players. We needed a total rebuild.
Behind the scenes was a **** mess. We had no money, and had just been taken over by a charlatan who also had no money and nearly drove us out of business.

We were in absolute freefall and were heading the way of Sunderland before we thankfully managed to turn it around.

We are in a far far far stronger position this time than we were back then. It's night and day. You could drop our current squad into the Championship and it would get promoted. We'd lose a couple of players sure but we'd have a relative fortune to replace them with excellent Championship players.

I'm not scared of relegation.

I thought the team we got relegated with was terrible but on reflection we had some really good players Geuye,Traore,Gollini,Amavi Veretout,Jordan Ayew, Ciaran Clark(goodish) have all gone on to better things.

There are similarities with our side now,firstly recruiting 6 or 7 players from abroad and expecting them to gel together immediately is ridiculous.

Both sides lacked  real leaders with premier league experience.Add a couple of those kind of players and both teams might fared better.

There were a few players in the 2016 team that were toxic and were going through the motions which I don’t think we have in the current team.

We are in a better place and if relegation happens I think we can cope better in the championship without the need for a complete overhaul.

1 hour ago, Only2McInallys said:

I thought the team we got relegated with was terrible but on reflection we had some really good players Geuye,Traore,Gollini,Amavi Veretout,Jordan Ayew, Ciaran Clark(goodish) have all gone on to better things.

There are similarities with our side now,firstly recruiting 6 or 7 players from abroad and expecting them to gel together immediately is ridiculous.

Both sides lacked  real leaders with premier league experience.Add a couple of those kind of players and both teams might fared better.

There were a few players in the 2016 team that were toxic and were going through the motions which I don’t think we have in the current team.

We are in a better place and if relegation happens I think we can cope better in the championship without the need for a complete overhaul.

That squad was basically The Birmingham based players who did whatever they wanted and the rest including the youngsters.  A player who has now left (now playing for a champions league club ) said to me directly when I bumped in to him at four oaks Sainsburys "some players (Lescott, Gabby etc) do whatever they want and nothing happens to them but a youngster is a minute late or goes to a party and is severely disciplined. The managers don't focus on football and they don't work on fitness too it's a mess no1 knows what they are doing." This happened in May of that season. So you can work out who the player is. 

Same season Darren Fletcher and Jonny Evans went to West Brom for a total of £3million. We should have signed those two instead of Richards and Lescott. 

Edited by Sulberto21
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

Hasn't looked the same player since the return. Wonder if he is head is at United now!

I can't imagine he'd give up on us even if the UTD rumour is true. Can imagine he is very frustrated though. Also, perhaps he knows he will be playing every game so is conserving energy? 

1 hour ago, chrisvilla4 said:

I can't imagine he'd give up on us even if the UTD rumour is true. Can imagine he is very frustrated though. Also, perhaps he knows he will be playing every game so is conserving energy? 

As Nabby said on the previous page, we couldnt get the ball to him and when we did he got fouled within a few seconds.  He is also the same as everyone else in that he hasn't played in months so won't be fit, it is just easy to say he doesn't care any more because his head has been turned but from what I've seen in his career with us I can barely think of a player who has been more passionate.  It's possible for both things to be true, that he knows he is leaving but still be trying his best to keep us up.  It's the talk of him being a rat or whatever that really pisses me off and the people who only see things as black and white, us or them etc.  If it was me I'd move Jack back to central midfield so he gets the ball far more and I said in the pre-match thread put Jota in the front 3 as his lack of physicality won't show up as much but he can provide probably the best throughballs and crosses in the squad after Jack.  I just don't think McGinn is anywhere near fit enough to start so slotting Jack there makes sense to me.

23 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

so jack apparently got a record from yesterday's game. he now is the most fouled player ever in a premier league season 

And a league record 11 times in 1 game.

140 for the season. Zaha is second on 98...

Just shows how flawed our tactic and squad build is. Close down Grealish and we have nothing. Everyone knows it and everyone does it.

9 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I think as captain he should be digging people out tbh. It is not acceptable.

He was earlier in the season, as has been said he looks like he can’t see us staying up.

4 hours ago, sne said:

And a league record 11 times in 1 game.

140 for the season. Zaha is second on 98...

Just shows how flawed our tactic and squad build is. Close down Grealish and we have nothing. Everyone knows it and everyone does it.

There were a couple of real cynical ones towards the end of yesterday too, foul grealish and we have nothing

grealish picking the ball up and running dangerously at the defence, swipe him from behind and let trez tickle a 30 yard free kick at the keeper

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

Plays like he's given up on the team. No tempo, releases the ball late, won't take players on or have a shot at goal. Not a leader on the pitch. What's wrong?

He’s got his moved lined up for the summer 

Â