The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Actually think BCD has hindered him a bit rather than any downing of the tools because he's leaving.

The sort who feeds off the love of the Holte end or opposition fans booing him. Young was also like that when he played for us.

Take that away and seems it's a struggle to get into things.

Grealish is a million miles better than this team and needs to leave for a team that have more than 30% possession each match. 

He’s been largely poor since the return to action but he’s fighting a losing battle playing with some of these players. 

He’s gone at the end of the season. We just need to figure out what the hell we’re going to do without him because we have a squad full of players who I think will genuinely struggle to get anywhere near the playoffs in the championship. 

2 hours ago, useless said:

Put Grealsh in midfield and he might play well, but it would make the team a lot weaker than it already is, we can't afford to drop one of our midfielders for a playmaker, teams would walk through us even more. And it's since switching to the wing that Grealish's form has picked up and he's started scoring and assisting, when he was playing midfield earlier in the season people were questioning whether he was better than McGinn. MIght get away with playing him in midfield in the championship, but not the premier league, only way it might work is if we played a diamond system.

Nah don't agree. He really puts a shift in in CM.

He’s on 8 yellow cards now so two away from a two match ban. Any idea if there’s a deadline for that it is the end of the season?

EDIT :: Apparently before the season was stopped the deadline for ten yellow card punishment was the “second Sunday in April” but no idea what that now means with the restart. 
Anyone know?

Edited by roonst83

6 hours ago, roonst83 said:

He’s on 8 yellow cards now so two away from a two match ban. Any idea if there’s a deadline for that it is the end of the season?

EDIT :: Apparently before the season was stopped the deadline for ten yellow card punishment was the “second Sunday in April” but no idea what that now means with the restart. 
Anyone know?

The commentator did say yesterday what the cut off is but I can't remember exactly.  32 games rings a bell but I'm not sure.

• Like 2

He won us countless free kicks in good positions throughout the game but we wasted most of them.

We scored from one but who thought letting Tezeguet smash one goal ward from 35 yards in injury time was a good idea?

• Like 1

Head is definitely else where.

Before the lockdown he had a move and international place up for grabs.

He's got one, the move, but obviously the England cant happen due to being moved but he will be looking at it, another year 'if' in the prem with this lot aint going to help him.

As much has he is Villa through and through but once reality sets in, its hard to get out of it, he's carried the team too much and knows the writing is on the walls.

Its a shame because we wont see another player like him for years and without him, we have no chance of coming straight back up.

12 minutes ago, Bazmonkey said:

Its a shame because we wont see another player like him for years and without him, we have no chance of coming straight back up.

Disagree. If we go down we'll come up at a canter this time. Far far better situation than last time.

6 minutes ago, Bazmonkey said:

I admire your optimism Steveo, but with my coaching hat on and claret glasses off, i cant see it, too many holes to fill both on and off the pitch.

Our current team would be an excellent championship side. We’ll probably lose Grealish McGinn and Mings but I can’t see too many other players going. 

And we’ll have at least £100m from the sale of those 3 players to replace them (I’m not saying we’d have to use all of that money)

We’d be in a far far better position than last time. Less of a rebuild needed, far better back room situation, more money, relaxed FFP. 

We’d storm the championship next season. 

Hopefully we won’t need to find out

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Our current team would be an excellent championship side. We’ll probably lose Grealish McGinn and Mings but I can’t see too many other players going. 

And we’ll have at least £100m from the sale of those 3 players to replace them (I’m not saying we’d have to use all of that money)

We’d be in a far far better position than last time. Less of a rebuild needed, far better back room situation, more money, relaxed FFP. 

if we believe the asking price is £80m and we won't sell Mings at a loss  (regardless of fans turning on him he is now an England international  defender )  then , we should pickup pick up £130m for Grealish (£80) , Mings (£30) and McGinn (£20)   .. get what we can for  El Ghazi (£6)  , Trezeguet   .. Plus parachute money  , then already we are in a far better position than last time we got relegated

The reason I think the club will stick with Smith is this focus on " younger"  players  and his ( alleged ) reputation as being good with them

A championship squad with Konsa ,Luiz ,Davis ,Wesley , Vasilev  .. all around 23 or under

throw in Guilbert , Hause , Targett , Engels  who are still under 25 

then Heaton , Samatta , Hourihane as the older heads

then , if we believe the noises from VP about the talent then we can promote , Ramsey x 2  ,Barry ,Chukwuemeka  to the first team squad

spend some money wisely (ha)  and that squad should easily be good enough for the Championship

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

with his injury, lack of form pre injury and then not pulling up any trees post restart I don't see who is coming in for McGinn at £20m, same with mings, I think we can keep them

there would obviously be some who make some noise about leaving, luiz, samatta etc but would you honestly say any one other than grealish has played well enough to get a move away? luiz for example we say we want to cover our purchase, has he done anything to suggest another PL or La Liga team would pay that for him? I don't see it

I think we can maintain an element of control as to who leaves and we will be a good championship team

I think there would be teams willing to pay £20m for McGinn it's not much these days, and if he returns to form and there's nowt to say that he will not then he will be worth much more that. There's no way I'd sell him for that

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

if we believe the asking price is £80m and we won't sell Mings at a loss  (regardless of fans turning on him he is now an England international  defender )  then , we should pickup pick up £130m for Grealish (£80) , Mings (£30) and McGinn (£20)   .. get what we can for  El Ghazi (£6)  , Trezeguet   .. Plus parachute money  , then already we are in a far better position than last time we got relegated

The reason I think the club will stick with Smith is this focus on " younger"  players  and his ( alleged ) reputation as being good with them

A championship squad with Konsa ,Luiz ,Davis ,Wesley , Vasilev  .. all around 23 or under

throw in Guilbert , Hause , Targett , Engels  who are still under 25 

then Heaton , Samatta , Hourihane as the older heads

then , if we believe the noises from VP about the talent then we can promote , Ramsey x 2  ,Barry ,Chukwuemeka  to the first team squad

spend some money wisely (ha)  and that squad should easily be good enough for the Championship

Yep.

Although even though I don't rate El Ghazi and Trez, they're plenty good enough for the Championship. If we don't need to sell them and they'll stay then I'd keep them. The more continuity the better

Grealish game yesterday 

1)Run round chasing the Chelsea defenders back pass's to keeper 

2)Cover the full back positions 

3)Get fouled when trying to run with the ball , 9 fouls before Chelsea got a card for it.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Just like Stoke who went down with supposedly a squad who were going to storm it? 

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Just like Stoke who went down with supposedly a squad who were going to storm it? 

Look at ourselves , we spend millions in that league and took us 3 years and loaning a ton of players to get up 

Look how many teams have gone down in recent seasons and not gone back up  its not that easy to replace a squad , perhaps a manager and turn around a losing team into one that starts winning straight away.

Then what we get promoted and have to do another rebuild , plus another season of struggle to stay in league whilst other teams move further us.

Relegation is a disaster 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Nabby said:

Grealish game yesterday 

1)Run round chasing the Chelsea defenders back pass's to keeper 

2)Cover the full back positions 

3)Get fouled when trying to run with the ball , 9 fouls before Chelsea got a card for it.

Drop back into defence to show them and instruct them to pass the ball around and take their time. Completes 3 passes with them then watches Hause ping one 70 yards to Targett's neck. I thought he had a look of a man that had given up yesterday. I don't blame him in a way. 

I think as captain he should be digging people out tbh. It is not acceptable.

Â