The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, tomav84 said:

hmm...i think now he's at the athletic he does seem to be closer to the club and has become more reliable for club news. i just think the club doesnt have a good relationship with the brum mail, as they never get any exclusives anymore. i hope you're right though

What are some examples of him being reliable for club news?

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

What are some examples of him being reliable for club news?

various snippets from his podcasts etc has indicated he's closer to the club than he used to be

6 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

various snippets from his podcasts etc has indicated he's closer to the club than he used to be

I think he's similarly clueless. He'll be a voice piece for players if they ask him so sadly I presume that's what he's doing here.

i'd just love to know if anything could have been done to keep him. would he have stayed if we finished mid table? who knows. i fear that he's really hacked off with the shite that we recruited last summer and has just had enough.

i just don't get why man united, which is the only club that's been linked to him. he's better than that...he should be playing champions league which i just dont see happening anytime soon there

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

So sick and tired of these daily speculations

Heavily infers that something might have been sorted with the bit about Young.

Also says he will go to the highest bidder.

Also says he might go abroad.

To be honest, if how he played last night is an indicator of how he’ll play for us going forward I don’t really care.

The only thing more nauseating than his performance last night was his hair, looked like he had a Cornish pasty on his head.

Go to United Jack, in 5 years you can play full back just like Young.

Gregg Evans has been pushing the Grealish to Man Utd agenda for a while now. I’m not a fan of Evans at all, and the more this transfer is talked about the more likely it is to happen, and more people seem to be accepting of it. 

At the end of the day if Jack wants out, he’s under contract for three years and we don’t need to sell him for anything less than what we say his value is. 

I wish the Athletic had found a different Villa reporter than Gregg, he winds me up no end. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

To be honest, if how he played last night is an indicator of how he’ll play for us going forward I don’t really care.

The only thing more nauseating than his performance last night was his hair, looked like he had a Cornish pasty on his head.

This.

6 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Spot on, that's twice Ive agreed with you this year. Lookout!

38 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i'd just love to know if anything could have been done to keep him. would he have stayed if we finished mid table? who knows. i fear that he's really hacked off with the shite that we recruited last summer and has just had enough.

i just don't get why man united, which is the only club that's been linked to him. he's better than that...he should be playing champions league which i just dont see happening anytime soon there

I think had we shown great progress this season he'd be staying. He probably looked at what Wolves had achieved down the road in just a couple of years with a huge turnover in players and thought the same could be achieved here. The difference is, we recruited badly and they recruited well. Similar amounts of money have been spent at both clubs, yet they're a club who have got a very bright future and ours is completely unknown. We might bounce straight back in the Championship and do well next time out, we might end up stuck down there again for years, but he's not gonna hang around to find out at 24 going on 25. 

Ultimately his performances have been poor for several games now anyway. It's almost like his heart isn't in it any more. 

5 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Ultimately his performances have been poor for several games now anyway. It's almost like his heart isn't in it any more. 

That's unfair, we've been poor as a team, we got away with everything going through him for too long and teams have sussed us out, he's still instrumental in all the good things we do we just don't do many good things, he's not Roy of the rovers 

And then I'd say the pass to El ghazi was the best part of the entire game last night, the only real bit of quality from either team, he also layed it off for mcginns shot didn't he? So if we had 4 chances in last night's game Jack created 2 of them 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

I think had we shown great progress this season he'd be staying. He probably looked at what Wolves had achieved down the road in just a couple of years with a huge turnover in players and thought the same could be achieved here. The difference is, we recruited badly and they recruited well. Similar amounts of money have been spent at both clubs, yet they're a club who have got a very bright future and ours is completely unknown. We might bounce straight back in the Championship and do well next time out, we might end up stuck down there again for years, but he's not gonna hang around to find out at 24 going on 25. 

i agree with this. his body language at southampton was like that lad you play with at 6 a side that once played semi pro so is a country mile better than everyone else on the pitch and is totally exasperated with the shite that is around him. his besties are top players spurs and leicester, rubbing shoulders with the likes of vardy and kane and he knows he's good enough to be doing the same. but instead he's watching the likes of luiz, el ghazi and nakamba attempt to resemble premiership footballers...and they're not doing a good job

16 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

His appearance is horrific dont know who is telljng him that hairstyle looks good with that crappy styled facial hair!

As for his perfoemance it was ok but i blame smith more. Why is he having him drift in amd out wide?? He is better centrally 

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

That's unfair, we've been poor as a team, we got away with everything going through him for too long and teams have sussed us out, he's still instrumental in all the good things we do we just don't do many good things, he's not Roy of the rovers 

He still has that bit of class when he turns it on, but his performances for 90 minutes are very hit and miss. He gave the ball away cheaply a few times yesterday and we need him at his best if we're to stand any chance of surviving. 

His hair to me is the look of a man saying he hasn't left his house for a trim after he got his bum slapped over breaking lockdown rules, it's a god awful lockdown Barnet, nothing to do with style or Billy big bollocks 

And when will villa fans turn on the length of his socks? 

Edited by villa4europe

Everything good we do, comes through him. Even at 50%, he’s still our best player. It’s just a shame that to stand any chance of winning a match, he has to play out of his skin. 

It’s about time one of the others decided to do something for a change. They won’t though of course, because none of them are cut out for this level. 

Enjoy the next 9 games. It’s the last you’ll see Grealish in a Villa shirt. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i agree with this. his body language at southampton was like that lad you play with at 6 a side that once played semi pro so is a country mile better than everyone else on the pitch and is totally exasperated with the shite that is around him. his besties are top players spurs and leicester, rubbing shoulders with the likes of vardy and kane and he knows he's good enough to be doing the same. but instead he's watching the likes of luiz, el ghazi and nakamba attempt to resemble premiership footballers...and they're not doing a good job

Exactly. It's no secret he's good friends with Chilwell from the under 21s. As others have suggested and I have too, he's better in CM when he can dictate the tempo of the game but Smith constantly uses him out wide on the left. The good things he did yesterday were all in the centre of the pitch, not out on the left. 

Personally, I don't want us to be a one man team anyway. I hope we extract premium money for him whether we go down or not, and build a team of quality footballers all over the park so that we can make actual progress as a football club and not keep yo yoing between divisions. However, given the completely inept job the recruitment team did last summer I am not filled by confidence at this happening. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Personally, I don't want us to be a one man team anyway. I hope we extract premium money for him whether we go down or not, and build a team of quality footballers all over the park so that we can make actual progress as a football club and not keep yo yoing between divisions. However, given the completely inept job the recruitment team did last summer I am not filled by confidence at this happening. 

i do think we're limited with him in the side at the moment, although i do think were less 'give the ball to jack' last night. problem is we just dont have any other players that can match his level of creativity. ideally, we'd have signed 2 or 3 of those last summer. i suspect luiz and trez were identified as those players but they just havent worked out.

i agree that i do not want suso anywhere near the jack money in the summer. a decent DoF needs to be high on the shopping list for summer signings

19 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Some harsh comments about him. First game back he did ok. Who cares about the hair style.

was like the start of the season some people were calling for him to be dropped.

Except for coming back on the 10 game winning run I think Jack is generally a slow starter. McGinn is the one that starts rapidly and Jack builds into it

• Like 2

Â