The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

19 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Interesting. I would have put him in the top 10. You got a link?

15. Jack Grealish, Aston Villa – 1673 points
Maybe the single most shocking entry in the top 20, Jack Grealish has 1673 points despite Aston Villa facing relegation. In a sign of his quality for the club, Villa’s 2nd best player, Douglas Luiz, is on just 903 points.

https://www.football365.com/news/premier-league-players-of-the-season-van-dijk-mane-fred-liverpool-man-city

• Haha 1

On 13/06/2020 at 17:51, TheStagMan said:

I wonder if the beard and hairdo are so opposition players don't recognise him as easily and therefore dont mark him as closely. Could be a masterstroke.

He could even start wearing adult shinpads.

• Haha 1

I''ve said it all season...

Jack Grealish is wasted out on the left wing

Jack Grealish needs to be play through the middle of the pitch

He's our best player and we barely get him on the ball.

His most memorable passage of play in the game was when he picked it up on the halfway line, burst past a few players and then played a defence splitting past in behind the full back to El Ghazi.

• Like 2

We have to move him to CM and tell him to stay there, no drifting to LW.

We can't begin to get any sort of play going without him due to cowardice and incompetence.

Not at his best today I'd say but even then he still produced probably the best moment of the game with his ball to El Ghazi which deserved a goal. 

Love his new haircut as well. 

Had a few games like this now....ever since Feb we the paper talk was he has agreed to join Utd.

Looks to me like his head is somewhere else...on top of playing out of the left...which we know he prefers the middle.

Even Thomo on WM said he has it on good authority he is off regardless of what happens this season.

Think we all get the feeling he’s going now. Exciting future awaits him; he can go to the very top of the game for club and country. Been sickening hearing the endless comments all season from pundits, fans of other clubs, basically everyone saying he’s too good to stay playing with this bunch. Its sad but true, thought we’d be able to keep him if we’d shown a bit more this season but we look like going back down. Just hope we get the money his talent deserves. 

2 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Think we all get the feeling he’s going now. Exciting future awaits him; he can go to the very top of the game for club and country. Been sickening hearing the endless comments all season from pundits, fans of other clubs, basically everyone saying he’s too good to stay playing with this bunch. Its sad but true, thought we’d be able to keep him if we’d shown a bit more this season but we look like going back down. Just hope we get the money his talent deserves. 

We have to hope there's no relegation clause in his contract.

10 hours ago, wilko154 said:

I''ve said it all season...

Jack Grealish is wasted out on the left wing. Jack Grealish needs to be play through the middle of the pitch

He's our best player and we barely get him on the ball. His most memorable passage of play in the game was when he picked it up on the halfway line, burst past a few players and then played a defence splitting past in behind the full back to El Ghazi.

Agreed. It's like when Sven shoved Scholes out on the left wing for England. He doesn't get enough possession or have enough influence on the game. He's our best player, the team should be built around him.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Agreed. It's like when Sven shoved Scholes out on the left wing for England. He doesn't get enough possession or have enough influence on the game. He's our best player, the team should be built around him.

I thought Luiz, McGinn and Conor looked very good in midfield.

Would stick with them for the rest of the season.

Don't want to be controversial but if we go down he leaves - if we stay up, he probably leaves - he's the right age for a move to a club in the champions league, let alone the massive wages he will be offered that we just won't be able to match. I wouldn't complain and would wish him well - as much as I would want us to build the club around him. 

• Like 1

At this point I want him to leave, which is a first for me after the heartbreak of seeing Benteke, Young and Milner leave (amongst others). He's wasted here. Go conquer the world Jack.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Phew its Gregg Evans, more likely sign a new contract now 😂

hmm...i think now he's at the athletic he does seem to be closer to the club and has become more reliable for club news. i just think the club doesnt have a good relationship with the brum mail, as they never get any exclusives anymore. i hope you're right though

edit: i just hope we get his value though. he's not just one of the best english players in the league, he's one of the best players full stop. we aren't skint, he's got years left on his contract. i'd be livid if we took less than 80m

Edited by tomav84

Â