The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

If we stay up it will be mainly due to Grealish and another player or two having good ends to the season, let's say McGinn. Two players already here.

I fear even if we stay up we'll just be in the same place this time next year, more so if Grealish leaves unless we sign real quality. It reminds me of the first Lambert season when there was optimism after a strong end to 12/13 and staying up that group would kick on but it never happened and we just stayed in flux until we finally went down in 2016.

The lessons of the last decade are clear. We need to learn from them if we're to become a serious force in this league again e.g. qualifying for europe through league placing which is long term goal of the ownership.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

If we stay up it will be mainly due to Grealish and another player or two having good ends to the season, let's say McGinn. Two players already here.

I fear even if we stay up we'll just be in the same place this time next year, more so if Grealish leaves unless we sign real quality. It reminds me of the first Lambert season when there was optimism after a strong end to 12/13 and staying up that group would kick on but it never happened and we just stayed in flux until we finally went down in 2016.

The lessons of the last decade are clear. We need to learn from them if we're to become a serious force in this league again e.g. qualifying for europe through league placing which is long term goal of the ownership.

It’s a squad game though, it’s not just about McGinn and Grealish as good as they are. They are our 2 best players for me but let’s not forget about the rest of the squad.

We’re a long way off qualifying for Europe, we need to stay up this season first but for me, we have shown that we can compete with any side in the league this season apart from the Man City defeat at Villa Park. Aguero gave our defence a masterclass and scored a hat trick, we couldn’t handle him. I wish that we had a player of Aguero’s quality but they are few and far between, the closest thing we have is Grealish but it is hard to compare the 2 because they play in 2 different positions 

Don’t think it’s a coincidence that an upturn in his goal / assists output this season has coincided with a move out to LW. 

Worried if he is moved back to a central role we’ll loose a lot of that goal threat. 

• Like 1

The sad fact is our team is what it is ,WITH Jack Grealish in it.

What would the reaction be, if we signed him (as opposed to think about selling him )from another club... and what difference would it really make? ...one of the best midfielders in the country.....we would pinch ourselves.

He is actually with us and we are 19th.

it shows how much work we really have to do.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

The sad fact is our team is what it is ,WITH Jack Grealish in it.

What would the reaction be, if we signed him (as opposed to think about selling him )from another club... and what difference would it really make? ...one of the best midfielders in the country.....we would pinch ourselves.

He is actually with us and we are 19th.

it shows how much work we really have to do.

And the top teams have never been as bad. It's why Sheffield United are where they are.

In a normal season they would be mid table.

A lot of United fans are convinced they've already got him, best thing now would be we stay up and Grealish signs a new 5 year deal, unlikely I know cause he only signed a new contract not so long ago, but it would be amazing to see the arrogant United fans faces 

8 minutes ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

A lot of United fans are convinced they've already got him, best thing now would be we stay up and Grealish signs a new 5 year deal, unlikely I know cause he only signed a new contract not so long ago, but it would be amazing to see the arrogant United fans faces 

They will just say what they always say when they miss out on a big player. "we never wanted him anyway, xxx is a better player anyway"

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

They will just say what they always say when they miss out on a big player. "we never wanted him anyway, xxx is a better player anyway"

Exactly how Liverplop fans are handling the Timo Werner saga. Rather entertaining.

On 06/06/2020 at 14:03, Tony said:

Don’t think it’s a coincidence that an upturn in his goal / assists output this season has coincided with a move out to LW. 

Worried if he is moved back to a central role we’ll loose a lot of that goal threat. 

That's one reason I'd have Davis move into the center so Jack can stay out there, I believe Davis would do a grand job in the midfield, Davis would surely help us to retrieve and chase down balls.. 

Would also like to see Luiz start to come along more, towards the start of this lockdown that lad was getting about the pitch alot more, Luiz especially made some fantastic interceptions and can have a wonderful foot himself, we need him to shine.

Jack has to do alot more trusting of those around him, but equally those players hes trusting have to bring the goods and show Jack they are going to be better than there last game.

I think we have alot of talent, questions can Smith and co get that talent out of them before it's to late, not long left. I'd consider many a success if we stayed up but one player in particular has pissed me off and a couple others need to be moved on for one reason or another.

Edited by Dave-R

Even without the chip finish that video shows perfectly what he's all about 

Makes him self available in acres of space for an easy out ball, drives forward, 2 defenders are drawn to him, easy overlap for Targett, what I do like that we don't do often enough is the midfielder circles around behind him making himself available, we then have another midfielder in a bit of space in the D and a striker who has gone right up to push the defence back 

Ignoring the god awful ball to mings (which he reads really well) there's a lot on positives on show there other than Jack doing Jack things 

49 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Even without the chip finish that video shows perfectly what he's all about 

Makes him self available in acres of space for an easy out ball, drives forward, 2 defenders are drawn to him, easy overlap for Targett, what I do like that we don't do often enough is the midfielder circles around behind him making himself available, we then have another midfielder in a bit of space in the D and a striker who has gone right up to push the defence back 

Ignoring the god awful ball to mings (which he reads really well) there's a lot on positives on show there other than Jack doing Jack things 

His close ball control is out of this world.

Enjoy him while we still can. Who knows where he'll end up after these 10 games

3 hours ago, villanmac said:

I can't be the only person seeing the deflection?

Nope, looks like a huge deflection to me. Big slice of luck but shows what can happen if you the ball in that box.

Â