The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

We don't need to sell true, but if Jack wants a move and want to win titles Dean isn't the type of manager that will stand in his way.

I don't think anyone's arguing we wouldn't sell him if he wanted to leave, they're pushing back against the bizarre assumption that we'd have to sell him for whatever Man Utd felt like bidding.

Look at the likes of Zaha. If Crystal Palace can say they wont sell Zaha for less than £70m up front, why on earth can't we do the same?

I understand people saying if we go down and he wants to leave we may need to adjust the price, but I think it would be more like if we were looking for £80m, we may accept £70m. There's no way we think he's worth £80m and end up selling him for less than half because he asked nicely.

Also, if Man Utd really want him they will buy him even if it costs £80m. If they're not that arsed and put in a derisory bid I'm not sure it screams to Grealish that they value his ability as a player.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I don't think anyone's arguing we wouldn't sell him if he wanted to leave, they're pushing back against the bizarre assumption that we'd have to sell him for whatever Man Utd felt like bidding.

Look at the likes of Zaha. If Crystal Palace can say they wont sell Zaha for less than £70m up front, why on earth can't we do the same?

I understand people saying if we go down and he wants to leave we may need to adjust the price, but I think it would be more like if we were looking for £80m, we may accept £70m. There's no way we think he's worth £80m and end up selling him for less than half because he asked nicely.

Also, if Man Utd really want him they will buy him even if it costs £80m. If they're not that arsed and put in a derisory bid I'm not sure it screams to Grealish that they value his ability as a player.

But CP is a Premier League side.

We may not be at the end of the season.

If we stay up i agree we can push the price up to 80

13 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We don't need to sell true, but if Jack wants a move and want to win titles Dean isn't the type of manager that will stand in his way.

Oh I agree I dont think we'll stand in his way if Jack turned around and said he vehemently wants to leave.  I think we'd do everything in our powers to convince him to stay at least another season and I think we'd be successful.  I dont think Jack will vehemently say he wants to leave and then he would accept that we wont accept a feeble bid from anybody, he'll know that it is reasonable for us to get a great fee for him. 

Jack will also not push for a move unless he knows somebody are willing to pay serious money for him as he also wont want to burn bridges at Villa because it is his club but I still dont see any club who are going to offer 50m or more for Jack and we know that falls well short of what we want. The owners are just not going to accept a bad offer for Jack and I think Jack would support that to a certain degree.

On 01/06/2020 at 17:07, sir_gary_cahill said:

From that European Cup final video that was on the official site the other day, we didn’t exactly play free flowing, attacking football. We defended well on the day, Spink had a worldie and we nicked a jammy goal on the break. On another day, we could’ve quite easily lost that match.

Grealish would’ve improved that side for me, he would’ve made us hold on to the ball a bit more and added a bit more guile. For me, he is a once in a generation player, he carries us, he has for some time. I’ve never seen a side so reliant on one player, let’s just cherish him while we still have him, otherwise we’ll regret it if he does decide to leave and he’s a very good looking lad with a nice family

We didn't play well that day that is true. Maybe the occasion got to the players but Jack has had his bad games as well like at Leicester. Football has changed a lot. Players are a lot fitter now and its more technical and less physical than it was back in 82. At least in English football anyway. 

• Thanks 1

Just to bring it to attention if you all dont know that last month there was a registration and someone got picked to play Grealish on FIFA 20. 

I would of entered but it seems Jack only has a ps4 bloody 4 and not an xbox one.

Jack get a F'in xbox as the game feels better between to the two consoles.

Anyways you can see the stream on Friday at 6pm and they are both using 85 rated Villa teams.

13 hours ago, villalad21 said:

But CP is a Premier League side.

We may not be at the end of the season.

If we stay up i agree we can push the price up to 80

If we stay up and sell Jack, then we may as well pack up and throw the towel in !!!!!!

We have seriously rich owners who want to build something and have stated they want to build a team around Jack. 

So, stay up and there is no need to sell. Just buy better quality players to put around him so we are not involved in the wrong end of the table.

32 minutes ago, imavillan said:

If we stay up and sell Jack, then we may as well pack up and throw the towel in !!!!!!

We have seriously rich owners who want to build something and have stated they want to build a team around Jack. 

So, stay up and there is no need to sell. Just buy better quality players to put around him so we are not involved in the wrong end of the table.

Easier said than done, for the past decade, we’ve been at the wrong end of the Premier League table for a decade now and in that time, we had 3 years in The Championship

43 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Easier said than done, for the past decade, we’ve been at the wrong end of the Premier League table for a decade now and in that time, we had 3 years in The Championship

Somebody should have told Wolves or Leicester that 🙄

If we stay up and Grealish leaves it will be a shame, but I don't think it will be as disastrous to our future chances of success as some seem to think, and I certainly won't be putting too much blame on the club, he's one of the best players in the world, most teams in the league would struggle to hang on to him let alone one in our position, and people might point to Wolves, but none of their players as good as they are, are as good or as wanted as Grealish, if Grealish was playing for them he'd be most likely departing in the summer as well, same with Leicester they might hang on to Maddison if they get champions league footie but otherwise he'd be leaving in the summer just like Mahrez, Maguire and Kante have left in the past, only reason we have any hope whatsoever of keeping Grealish is because he's a Villa fan, if it wasn't for that I imagine he would have already left.

If he leaves what will determine our future is how he's replaced, and I don't mean a like for like replacement as there's no such thing, but how we spend the money on improving our attacking options overall. The way I see it we need to sign better players whether he stays or goes, and if we do that we will improve whether he's with us or not.

• Like 1

The cynic in me thinks Jack is on a PR offensive this week in trying to clean up his image for a transfer. 

He will still giving 100 percent to try help us stay up 

6 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

They have both spent ridiculous amounts of money on mainly foreign imports

22 million on Moutinho and Patricio. Cheaper than Wesley 

Yes the Mendes connection but need convince players to join still

Pretty sure we've spent more money than Wolves since their takeover. Which whilst doesn't reflect very well on us when you look at the current positions of the two clubs it does show that you don't need to spend outrageous sums of money to become established further up the table.

Edited by useless

35 minutes ago, Zatman said:

22 million on Moutinho and Patricio. Cheaper than Wesley 

Yes the Mendes connection but need convince players to join still

£30m on Raul Jimenez, Adama was £18m and £10m on Willy Boly, £12m on Diogo Jota, £18m on Rui Patricio and £5m on Joao Moutinho. They have spent quite a lot but they have blended well on the pitch and created a team ethic

• Like 1

They probably also didn't pay agent fees... 

And you need to apply some context, Patricio was from sporting Lisbon who did that weird thing where they released every player and then it was court settlements to decide their value (I think?) and moutinho was from Monaco who imploded and the owner decided to have a fire sale (which he's doing again) 

Edited by villa4europe

15 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

They probably also didn't pay agent fees... 

And you need to apply some context, Patricio was from sporting Lisbon who did that weird thing where they released every player and then it was court settlements to decide their value (I think?) and moutinho was from Monaco who imploded and the owner decided to have a fire sale (which he's doing again) 

Of course but the point was Wolves could still attract them. I am sure had other offers around Europe or China in Moutinho case

• Like 1

Wolves have spent a lot but it's hardly Man City/Chelsea levels of spending, it's not even Everton levels of spending. One of the reasons their signings blended well on the pitch is because a lot of them had already played together previously, either for Porto or Monaco, and some of the other clubs that Mendes conrols, and also at various levels of the Portugese international side, and of course Nuno had managed many of them before as well.

I think they've had a certain amount of luck with their success as well, in that Mendes got involved with them just when he had a bunch of decent players that weren't quite good enough for top six sides in the top divisions so it was easier to attract them to an ambitious championship side, and then Nuno happened to become available at time when he was deemed to have been a failure at Porto, meaning the top sides would have been hesitant to go for him. If Mendes was to cut ties with Wolves now, and get involved with another championship club to the same degree it would be very hard to repeat the success, because it would be completely different circumstances, just happened to be a perfect storm for Wolves with the players he happened to have available at the time.

A quick look and our spending compared to Wolves since we were relegated is pretty similar. 16/17 season - 19/20

Roughly they've spent a bit more (£290m-ish vs £270m-ish) and received a bit less (£75m-ish vs £85m-ish) in transfer fees. All according to Transfermarkt so don't take the precise numbers as gospel.

Hard to argue they've not gotten more value for money, and our spending is pretty spectacular considering we've only been in the PL for 1 season.

Pretty sure our wage budget also trumps theirs by a fair margin over this period which is shocking.

Anyway, Grealish. Nice set of calves on the lad.

• Like 1

Â