The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

It's all about context.

In many games we've been outfought and it's unacceptable.

It's a manager's job to instill the right mentality and work ethic into a group of players.

I totally agree and I have bored the tits off folk saying it......But, very few on here, are prepared to admit it.

The problem as I see it is.....Dean thinks he can outplay everyone, but this is not the championship.

when we got taken apart by Man city, just after playing us they struggled to win their next game, in the cup ,I think.....but the amount of folk who just accepted it as weeeeeell, its Man city isn't it.

When we got lifted by the occasion in the cup at least we stayed in the game......it really is the character, that we need in the last 10 games.

• Like 1

In his current form before the CoronaVirus, he was developing in to one of the best midfielders in the country, he just needs to maintain it. Remember he is one of us out there, he bleeds claret and blue, he loves the club. He has been very loyal to us and I’ll always remember him, let’s hope we can recruit players of similar ability as hard as that may be, there are very few that have his magic touch. He has improved a lot under Smith for me but I just wished we weren’t so reliant on Grealish but that’s just the way it is. If by some miracle, he decides to stay then I’ll be over the moon but at the same time, I would understand if he wanted to leave for the sake of his career. Every time I see him on that pitch in a Villa shirt, it’s a blessing, we just have to cherish him while he is still here

Edited by sir_gary_cahill
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I know it was only 1 match against Bayern Munich in the European Cup final in 1982 but Grealish looked better than anything we had back then

You can’t compare to players 40 years ago, that was a league winning, European cup winning team when football was in a completely different environment.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

You can’t compare to players 40 years ago, that was a league winning, European cup winning team when football was in a completely different environment.

Funnily enough the nearest thing back then to Jack was the fella in your avatar

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

I think you are right, the game has changed a lot since then

There are transfer rumours linking him away on a daily basis.

I just feel it's inevitable. Think he is going regardless if we go down or stay up.

I will cherish these next 10 games keeping in mind it may be the last time we'll see him in a Villa jersey.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

There are transfer rumours linking him away on a daily basis.

I just feel it's inevitable. Think he is going regardless if we go down or stay up.

I will cherish these next 10 games keeping in mind it may be the last time we'll see him in a Villa jersey.

Sadly, I think you are right 

19 hours ago, nick76 said:

Maybe not, but I would anticipate that the very best players would adapt and would soon shine just as brightly today, as they did in the past. That applies to the 80-82 team, as it does to other legends from our past like Peter McParland, Harry Hampton, Billy Walker and Pongo.

We will never know but, I think players like George Best, Stanley Matthews, Tom Finney, Duncan Edwards, Bobby Charlton and Bobby Moore would make just as big an impact as they did in years gone by. As Bob Paisley once said of Billy Liddell,  "Forgive me if my eyes sparkle when I think of Bill Liddell. You can talk of how the players of yesteryear would have struggled to cope with the demands of the modern game. Bill Liddell would have been a star in any team, in any age." I rest my case. :)     

• Like 2

1 minute ago, John said:

Maybe not, but I would anticipate that the very best players would adapt and would soon shine just as brightly today, as they did in the past. That applies to the 80-82 team, as it does to other legends from our past like Peter McParland, Harry Hampton, Billy Walker and Pongo.

We will never know but, I think players like George Best, Stanley Matthews, Tom Finney, Duncan Edwards, Bobby Charlton and Bobby Moore would make just as big an impact as they did in years gone by. As Bob Paisley once said of Billy Liddell,  "Forgive me if my eyes sparkle when I think of Bill Liddell. You can talk of how the players of yesteryear would have struggled to cope with the demands of the modern game. Bill Liddell would have been a star in any team, in any age." I rest my case. :)     

Completely agree, apologies my point was that if you watch football then it’s hard to compare but if you put those players through today’s environment, growing up, training, dieting, fitness regimes then some of them (as you mentioned) would’ve done well today and could’ve rivalled Jack like Brian Little.  Imagine the likes of Cowans and Mortimer growing up today....how we could do with them today.  Comparing different environments is so hard, you just have to look at underlying talent.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Sadly, I think you are right 

Fee will likely be our saviour because I just don’t see it being paid so he goes nowhere.

The problem with the constant stories surrounding a potential transfer for Grealish is that it’s creating a media circus, a distraction for everybody else. And not a good distraction. It feels inevitable to me that there will be a separation of ways before next season and that, actually, it may prove to be liberating for both parties. We shouldn’t forget that the model our owners are looking to implement is to polish younger talent to move on at as near to peak sale value as possible, similar to Dortmund I suppose. Grealish is now in that category. It’s unfortunate but I feel the sale of Grealish for big money will help us improve enormously as a team if we utilise the market well. And that’s always the key.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Fee will likely be our saviour because I just don’t see it being paid so he goes nowhere.

Fingers crossed, I hope he stays at Villa for his whole career, becomes a legend and we build a team around him

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Fingers crossed, I hope he stays at Villa for his whole career, becomes a legend and we build a team around him

Me too.  I understand that he could go but it’ll be a big fee if he does, which is why I’m unsure that he’ll go this summer.

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

Me too.  I understand that he could go but it’ll be a big fee if he does, which is why I’m unsure that he’ll go this summer.

There’ll be no shortage of takers I’m sure, obviously I hope he stays but we’ve done well to keep him at Villa for as long as we have

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

There’ll be no shortage of takers I’m sure, obviously I hope he stays but we’ve done well to keep him at Villa for as long as we have

"There’ll be no shortage of takers I’m sure" who? who has 80m+ and is looking for a player like Jack and dont have other priorities like Man City are focusing on their defence.  There is not a shortage of teams that would love him in their side but there is a massive shortage of those that can afford him and will pay the fee given other priorities they have.

"we’ve done well to keep him at Villa for as long as we have"  total BS!

• Like 2

Speculation is part and parcel of the game, has been for years, Jack is professional enough to ignore it. I'm sure most players ignore it.

Assuming Jack stays 100% fit, there's no reason why he cannot replicate his earlier form.

On 30/05/2020 at 13:12, nick76 said:

Like you say cant compare but I'd take the player who is your avatar over Grealish any day. My fav all time villa player. 

• Like 1

Â