The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

10 minutes ago, nick76 said:

We have rich owners, we have 3 years on his contract left.....unless someone pays big he isn’t going anywhere.  I don’t want him to go anywhere, like you but even in a business sense you aren’t going to sell your biggest asset (by some way) of the club when you don’t have to.  Even if Jack wants away if we get relegated, we can still say no but even if we said ok, somebody needs to pay big bucks because we hold all the cards.

Yes I agree with all what you said, if they want Jack that bad they will have to find a way to please us, now, not the other way round like it use to be when clubs needed the money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

I'll be fuming if we take some highly paid shit off them.

Yep.  See Stephen Ireland and James Milner. 

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

Think you killed your argument, Jack isnt going to go to be back up to players because while maybe he will get 40 games, if he is back up he's going to be back up on the important games and then whats the point. 

Man Utd arent going to spend 80m for a back up player. 

Man U may have room as you say but so has Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea to name but a few but that doesnt mean he's going there either.

That's nevermind the other reasons Jack is unlikely to go to Man Utd.

People made the same arguments for Barry, Young and Milner. In fairness Milner just reverted back to a utility wide player at Man City who wasn't a regular at all in his first two seasons but he won FA cup and premier league in those seasons so doubt he was complaining.

Ultimately the best players want to be playing in europa and in contention for trophies each season, there's no secret and we need to reach that level eventually if we're going to hang on to Grealish standard players more easily.

3 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Man utd from what i have just read may look to lower what we want for Grealish.

So we tell them 200 million and they will offer us pogba 😂

Seriously though would you take any of these names Jesse Lingard, Andreas Pereira, Chris Smalling, Phil Jones and Marcos Rojo and part with Jack????

I wouldn't as Jack is practically our inform player and one of the most inform players of the league. Would you seriously take 40 or 50mill and a pick of ones of those players, not a chance in hell id take the offer, the more I think about this the more I'd say sling your hook..

now give me three of those players and 60 million then we can talk possibly.

it seems like they are desperate if all that is true and they're looking to Palm a player off on us, if that's the case, we most certainly hold the cards and we should make them pay whatever the price we want, theyd do it to us.

Christ none of those, Phil Jones is injured for years, Rojo is back in Argentina and is a pretty poor defender anyway and likes of Pereira and Lingard wouldn't amount to much away from Man. United. Smalling's had a good season in Italy so think he'll stay there.

Players like Mason Greenwood and Daniel James would help us more but I doubt Man. United will be loaning those two out anytime soon.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Greenwood will be a big player for utd, could be his breakthrough year next year 

Personally should it happen I don't want a loan or a player exchange 

Cash and lots of it

Loans do not work well for clubs with ambition unless there is an option to buy. Developing players for other clubs does not make sense. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Loans do not work well for clubs with ambition unless there is an option to buy. Developing players for other clubs does not make sense. 

I think player exchanges are the same, only one winner and it won't be the lower positioned club

• Like 3

On 23/05/2020 at 21:45, sidcow said:

Is that in the same way as Alex Ferguson proved beyond any doubt that he couldn't win The Premier league by managing Manchester United for 7 years before winning it? 

Well,we are 19th at the moment after nearly a complete season. You want to stick with DS for another 7 years to see if he can get us into the top 4......Well good luck with that then.Listen. Whatever you think of DS he is definately NOT going to get us into the top half of the table.

11 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Well,we are 19th at the moment after nearly a complete season. You want to stick with DS for another 7 years to see if he can get us into the top 4......Well good luck with that then.Listen. Whatever you think of DS he is definately NOT going to get us into the top half of the table.

I'd be a blessed man to have your foresight. The patronising arrogance I can live without.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

I have to disagree.  If we avoid relegation, make some strategic buys in the summer and then there is no reason to think Dean cant get us into the top half of the table.  I mean if the likes of Burnley and Palace can be around those places, there is no reason why Villa cant be.  Yes, we have a major problem with conceding goals and Dean doesnt have the best record of shoring up defences but I'm willing to give him chance.  We can score goals so some focus on defence and I think a good partner with Mings would make a world of difference along with a solid strong DM.  The reason I believe that is outside the big teams the rest are a muchness of a muchness.

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I mean if the likes of Burnley and Palace can be around those places

But that's ignorance. 

They play a totally different brand of football.

We play with a high line and fullbacks bombing forward. We will always leave us exposed and vulnerable defensively.

I highly disagree with your prediction. With these players and style of play we'll be in the exact same position next season (If we stay up) you need Man City quality players to get away with tactics like these at this level

Edited by villalad21

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

But that's ignorance. 

They play a totally different brand of football.

We play with a high line and fullbacks bombing forward. We will always leave us exposed and vulnerable defensively.

I highly disagree with your prediction. With these players and style of play we'll be in the exact same position next season (If we stay up) you need Man City quality players to get away with tactics like these at this level

😴

23 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I'd be a blessed man to have your foresight. The patronising arrogance I can live without.

Its NOT forsight.Just look at the season so far.We are going to turn our form upside down are we ?

22 hours ago, nick76 said:

I have to disagree.  If we avoid relegation, make some strategic buys in the summer and then there is no reason to think Dean cant get us into the top half of the table.  I mean if the likes of Burnley and Palace can be around those places, there is no reason why Villa cant be.  Yes, we have a major problem with conceding goals and Dean doesnt have the best record of shoring up defences but I'm willing to give him chance.  We can score goals so some focus on defence and I think a good partner with Mings would make a world of difference along with a solid strong DM.  The reason I believe that is outside the big teams the rest are a muchness of a muchness.

IF we avoid relegation.IF we make some good buys.What about IF we take all the IFs out and actually look at our record under DS.Then think what IF DS stays and carries on as before?!

On 23/05/2020 at 18:03, Tomaszk said:

I'll be fuming if we take some highly paid shit off them.

Yeh same here. Firstly I don't think they are very good. Secondly they are massively overpaid. Thirdly and most importantly, does anyone really think they would be up for scrapping it with us? I'm sure they would come here with billy big bollocs attitude and not contribute what so ever. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

IF we avoid relegation.IF we make some good buys.What about IF we take all the IFs out and actually look at our record under DS.Then think what IF DS stays and carries on as before?!

Ok, let's take out all the IF's then.  He took over last season, a team that had been in the Championship for two and a bit seasons and were 14th place and now 18 months later we have been promoted and now a Premiership team who still have within their grasp the ability to achieve their target of avoiding relegation AND have reached a cup final.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Ok, let's take out all the IF's then.  He took over last season, a team that had been in the Championship for two and a bit seasons and were 14th place and now 18 months later we have been promoted and now a Premiership team who still have within their grasp the ability to achieve their target of avoiding relegation AND have reached a cup final.

Yeah nobody cares about a cup final we lost mate. Not now. Not in 10 years. Not in 50 years.

The season has been awful. Do i need to remind you about the stats, AGAIN?

You can argue all you like nick but the table doesn't lie. The stats doesn't lie. That's why some people are critical, there is no agenda behind it. We all want what is best for the club.

8 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Yeah nobody cares about a cup final we lost mate. Not now. Not in 10 years. Not in 50 years.

You can argue all you like nick but the table doesn't lie. The stats doesn't lie. That's why some people are critical, there is no agenda behind it. We all want what is best for the club.

😴

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

this seasons been pretty much exactly what the majority expected it to be

your disappointment is going to be linked to your expectations and im not sure what else you expected / wanted

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

this seasons been pretty much exactly what the majority expected it to be

your disappointment is going to be linked to your expectations and im not sure what else you expected / wanted

I sure as hell didn't expect us to be the worst defensive team in the league. Conceding 2 goals per game on average.

Â