The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

33 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I think you are being a bit harsh

The way he has performed this season i'd say he's one of the best players in the world.

Best players in the world? Why is he playing for a relegation threatened team then?

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Best players in the world? Why is he playing for a relegation threatened team then?

He is along with KDB the best.

More chances created from open play than any other player in Europe's top 5 leagues.

They are the 2 best players in the world imo

Edited by villalad21

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

He is along with KDB the best.

More chances created from open play than any other player in Europe's top 5 leagues.

They are the 2 best players in the world imo

Why is he playing for a relegation threatened team then?

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why is he playing for a relegation threatened team then?

Ok so a player’s value is determined by the league position of his club?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why is it a ridiculous statement? He won’t give us a second thought once he has left 

Really, again you know very little about Jack and his family.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

The vast majority of top players play for top clubs

But before they do most are playing for lesser clubs and then big clubs pay big fees for those players.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

But before they do most are playing for lesser clubs and then big clubs pay big fees for those players.

Then they are either a flop or a success and then move on to another club 

Then they are either a flop or a success and then move on to another club 

That doesn’t matter, your argument was that top players play at top clubs inferring that Jack isn’t a top player.  My point is that top players play at smaller clubs a lot before they move to big clubs, that doesn’t make them a lesser player.

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

That doesn’t matter, your argument was that top players play at top clubs inferring that Jack isn’t a top player.  My point is that top players play at smaller clubs a lot before they move to big clubs, that doesn’t make them a lesser player.

I don’t think Grealish is a top player, he hasn’t played internationally or in the Champion’s League. He might well do when he has moved on to another club but right now, he isn’t a top player

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

I don’t think Grealish is a top player, he hasn’t played internationally or in the Champion’s League or internationally. He might well do when he has moved on to another club but right now, he isn’t a top player

So he's much worse than say...Phil Jones or Jesse Lingard?

I think you're a little off course SGC.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I don’t think Grealish is a top player, he hasn’t played internationally or in the Champion’s League. He might well do when he has moved on to another club but right now, he isn’t a top player

Given who you have rated in the past of Villa players, it’s fairly astonishing that you don’t think Jack is a top player.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

So he's much worse than say...Phil Jones or Jesse Lingard?

I think you're a little off course SGC.

I didn’t say that he was much worse than Phil Jones, it is hard to compare 2 players that play in different positions. As I’ve already said on here, I’d take Lingard in a cash plus player deal

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Given who you have rated in the past of Villa players, it’s fairly astonishing that you don’t think Jack is a top player.

If he is a top player now and he goes on to play for top club in the Champions League or internationally, what do you call him then? Top players play internationally or in the Champions League in my opinion 

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

If he is a top player now and he goes on to play for top club in the Champions League or internationally, what do you call him then? Top players play internationally or in the Champions League in my opinion 

He’s still a top player. Being a top player isn’t defined by what club you are at.  Being at a top club just allows you to express that talent more and likely to win more trophies.  

Being a top player is about your talent, ability and using that ability and Jack is certainly doing that at the Villa this season.

Â