The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

It's empty and pointless press speculation. All that matters is that Jack is under contract for several more years, and we are in no position to sell as things stand.

It was written by Neil Moxley, I mean, c'mon. It's just hot air.

• Like 1

We’re in a fortunate position where we have owners with big wealth, and a player with 3yrs left on a contract. This is a potential deal where we don’t have our backs to the wall. I’d personally slap a figure of £100m on Grealish if UTD come calling, informing them that if they paid £80m for a CB then one of the leagues top creative players will inevitably cost more. Simply state it’s the asking price and no negotiation. And mean it. 

• Like 1

If we stay up there is no discussion to be made 

We go down it will come down to what money is still about next season and if Jacks want's to push to play in the delayed Euro2020 .He couldn't get in squad in PL for us , no hope in Championship 

26 minutes ago, Nabby said:

If we stay up there is no discussion to be made 

We go down it will come down to what money is still about next season and if Jacks want's to push to play in the delayed Euro2020 .He couldn't get in squad in PL for us , no hope in Championship 

Are you saying that you think he will stay if we don’t get relegated? I think he’s off whatever happens

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Are you saying that you think he will stay if we don’t get relegated? I think he’s off whatever happens

Yes if we stay up he stays as long as Purslow etc can provide assurance next season won't be a struggle again

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nabby said:

Yes if we stay up he stays as long as Purslow etc can provide assurance next season won't be a struggle again

Let’s hope that we can keep hold of him but the vultures will circle and it will be very difficult 

7 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Let’s hope that we can keep hold of him but the vultures will circle and it will be very difficult 

What vultures? As you and I have debated about Man Utd.  You mentioned Pep said nice things about him but who is going to pay 80m for him? I’ve told you why the other teams won’t be in for him.  

Why by team do you think others will be in him for him, for the price and over the players they already have and considering their likely transfer budget and other recruitment priorities?

ie Man City won’t buy because they have Foden, B Silva and De Bruyne and it’s fairly well known their focus is in defence in terms of transfer so unlikely to have funds for Jack.

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

What vultures? As you and I have debated about Man Utd.  You mentioned Pep said nice things about him but who is going to pay 80m for him? I’ve told you why the other teams won’t be in for him.  

Why by team do you think others will be in him for him, for the price and over the players they already have and considering their likely transfer budget and other recruitment priorities?

ie Man City won’t buy because they have Foden, B Silva and De Bruyne and it’s fairly well known their focus is in defence in terms of transfer so unlikely to have funds for Jack.

I think he could go abroad, maybe it’s just me, it usually is. I don’t think anyone is going to pay £80m, if they do they won’t be getting value for money. It’s an inflated market though, I’d say £50m will be a true reflection of his ability but like I said it’s an inflated market 

5 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think he could go abroad, maybe it’s just me, it usually is. I don’t think anyone is going to pay £80m, if they do they won’t be getting value for money. It’s an inflated market though, I’d say £50m will be a true reflection of his ability but like I said it’s an inflated market 

I reckon he would be great at Barcelona in the Iniesta role.  Obviously nobody compares to Iniesta but Rakitic did a really good job at attempting to replace Xavi.  You'll never be able to replicate those two (or Messi obviously) but I think Jack could be about as good as it gets.  The problem for English players though has always been leaving the comfort of England and I suspect Jack isnt the kind of lad to pick up Spanish or any other language quickly.

Edited by sharkyvilla

9 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

and we’d never accept 50m would we? do you agree with that? If you do then again we are struggling to see who is truly likely to be interested in buying him.

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

I reckon he would be great at Barcelona in the Iniesta role.  Obviously nobody compares to Iniesta but Rakitic did a really good job at attempting to replace Xavi.  You'll never be able to replicate those two (or Messi obviously) but I think Jack could be about as good as it gets.  The problem for English players though has always been leaving the comfort of England and I suspect Jack isnt the kind of lad to pick up Spanish or any other language quickly.

None of us know if Grealish is the kind of lad to pick up a language, you are being stereotypical here. Personally, I don’t think he is good enough to play for Barcelona. Don’t get me wrong, he’s a fantastic player for Aston Villa who are currently fighting relegation in the Premier League. Who knows if he can step up to a bigger or higher placed in the league team? Many have wilted before him and not lived up to the hype. We haven’t had success for so long, not won a trophy since 1996, we are bound to overrate one of our own

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

and we’d never accept 50m would we? do you agree with that? If you do then again we are struggling to see who is truly likely to be interested in buying him.

Well like I said it’s an inflated market, £50m is an awful lot of money especially for a player that hasn’t had one good full season in the Premier League

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

None of us know if Grealish is the kind of lad to pick up a language, you are being stereotypical here. Personally, I don’t think he is good enough to play for Barcelona. Don’t get me wrong, he’s a fantastic player for Aston Villa who are currently fighting relegation in the Premier League. Who knows if he can step up to a bigger or higher placed in the league team? Many have wilted before him and not lived up to the hype. We haven’t had success for so long, not won a trophy since 1996, we are bound to overrate one of our own

I think you are being a bit harsh

The way he has performed this season i'd say he's one of the best players in the world.

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

On the same note, over the premiership era who in order of best do you think have been our top five young players coming through from Academy or young players like when we brought in Gareth Barry who was brought but quickly got into the first team?

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Well like I said it’s an inflated market, £50m is an awful lot of money especially for a player that hasn’t had one good full season in the Premier League

Again, but you don’t think we’d sell him for 50m though do you?

Unless Newcastle get brought and throw money around I don't see big fee's this summer , United are reported to lose 140 mil next season .

Gov has told the PL that the social situation is not going to change for 6-12 months so every club is going to lose revenue , I don't see anyone over committing on fee's and wages

6 minutes ago, Nabby said:

Unless Newcastle get brought and throw money around I don't see big fee's this summer , United are reported to lose 140 mil next season .

Gov has told the PL that the social situation is not going to change for 6-12 months so every club is going to lose revenue , I don't see anyone over committing on fee's and wages

Great for us because it means we get to keep Jack.  I’m happy with that.

Was £80 million a lot of money for Maguire, yes of course. It's relative and as such I'd say £100 million is the least we should put on Grealish. 

I'd argue a creative flair player is also in higher demand, I'm sure the owners know this.

The other point is Liverpool couldn't afford him or Klopp wouldn't pay that amount, Man. City also wouldn't pay that and they have other players they need to sign; Spuds no chance, Chelsea no way...it basically leaves only Manure who would sign him but isn't Sancho supposedly a done deal?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Was £80 million a lot of money for Maguire, yes of course. It's relative and as such I'd say £100 million is the least we should put on Grealish. 

I'd argue a creative flair player is also in higher demand, I'm sure the owners know this.

The other point is Liverpool couldn't afford him or Klopp wouldn't pay that amount, Man. City also wouldn't pay that and they have other players they need to sign; Spuds no chance, Chelsea no way...it basically leaves only Manure who would sign him but isn't Sancho supposedly a done deal?

Completely agree, that’s why I’m interested who SGC think these vultures are that will be circling because outside Man U I’m struggling to see who.  We obviously aren’t going to sell him anywhere near 50m he mentioned so I’m struggling to see who will pay 80m minimum.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Nabby said:

If that's true I hope we stay up...

Â