The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

Fixed for you 😉

I have to say SGC, for all the OTT love you have bestowed upon the likes of Ethan Moore, Delfouneso and Hepburn-Murphy you have never really got behind Grealish - who was clearly the most talented player coming through from academy for many many years. 

did he sleep with your significant other/mother or knock you back or something? 

Check the beginning of this thread, he is a fantastic player with great natural ability but he is only 24 years old, he has achieved nothing yet

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

When 2 clubs come to an agreement to a transfer

That is most likely to be achieved by Villa overvaluing and the bidding club(s) undervaluing before meeting somewhere in the middle. Whilst Jack has a significant length of his Villa contract remaining, it’s possible the ‘accurate’ valuation by your definition is not obtainable.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Check the beginning of this thread, he is a fantastic player with great natural ability but he is only 24 years old, he has achieved nothing yet

Mbappe, Joao Felix, Haaland....shall I keep going.

8 minutes ago, brommy said:

That is most likely to be achieved by Villa overvaluing and the bidding club(s) undervaluing before meeting somewhere in the middle. Whilst Jack has a significant length of his Villa contract remaining, it’s possible the ‘accurate’ valuation by your definition is not obtainable.

I thought I was on to something there, you shot me down, thanks for doing so :)

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I did this, lots of talk around Adam Johnson and under 16’s...

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Please do

Players who are young, hadn’t proved anything, had potential but went for huge fees as I said in my prior post today....just like Jack

Edited by nick76
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Did it amuse you or scare you?

Scare mostly with a little side helping of hind-sighted disgust. I’d have elaborated in my post but my dinner was about to be served :)

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

If Jack has no faith in NWSE CP and Deano then he will be off, if he does and we stay up the only other shirt he will ever wear is an England shirt.

That’s the spirit. I’m of a similar view. We need to stay up and show we mean business. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Why would we ask for less? We don’t need to sell him.  If clubs have less money to spend that’s their issue.  We aren’t fitting around their budgets. Only clubs that are struggling for money will have to sell their players cheaper, we aren’t in that boat.

Not sure that I said to ask for less ! I just said i don't know what player values will be this coming window. 

As to Jacks value I believe he is top end but how everything plays out will depend on you guys avoiding relegation. If you go down & Jack whispers that he wants to move on it will change your bargaining position drastically.

2 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Not sure that I said to ask for less ! I just said i don't know what player values will be this coming window. 

As to Jacks value I believe he is top end but how everything plays out will depend on you guys avoiding relegation. If you go down & Jack whispers that he wants to move on it will change your bargaining position drastically.

Why? We are more likely to sell but we are unlikely to ask for less, we don’t need the money and Jack still has 3 years left on his contract and unlikely to throw his dolls out of the pram even if he tries to force a move.  Our bargaining position in terms of value doesn’t change.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Why? We are more likely to sell but we are unlikely to ask for less, we don’t need the money and Jack still has 3 years left on his contract and unlikely to throw his dolls out of the pram even if he tries to force a move.  Our bargaining position in terms of value doesn’t change.

I beg to differ.

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Thanks, you’re wrong but that’s ok 👍

Trust me on this. I've been wrong many time before & will be again. And I'm ok with that. 

Not a selling club any longer and if clubs want our players then they will have to pay what our Owners asking price, I've said it ever since NSWE came in and my stance remains the same.

Why on earth would we sell Jack for peanuts when hes clearly ahead of most in what he does on the pitch and his stats say the same???

Do we want our club having England players again or internationals, then again we would be mad to sell our players for peanuts, so yes the media is trying to downplay it all by saying Grealish at 80 mill is madness and some fans going nuts saying at crazy that we want that much for our player. If it was other way round though like utd selling pogba then they too would no doubt be asking top dollar for him.

I dont think any club will come and pay that, well at least I hope they dont, we should however have high expectations of a Jack sale and demand as much as we can. We know hes worth more than a mere 80 mill, which is nothing to us compared to what we will miss on the pitch from him, hes the lad that keeps us alive, the blood flowing, those moments when weve hit abit of rough spot and Jack comes along and turns the magic on.

IFJack leaves then for a while clubs know we will have a heck of a bad time, he is the main cog amongst the other cogs and if they remove him, they know we wont ever replace him.

Keep Jack and start spending on some decent players, much better than what we have, if we dont then we may as well drift away and sell Grealish, I'd be concerned about how we spend 80 million to replace Jack firstly, secondly who do we buy to put around the guy weve just replaced Jack with, 80 mill doesnt go far not on the talent we would want.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Player values don't change 

The amount of money clubs have got to spend might change

We say he's worth £80m, man utd say cos of corona and FFP they only have £50m to spend then I don't see how that becomes our problem and results in us selling him for less 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Player values don't change 

The amount of money clubs have got to spend might change

We say he's worth £80m, man utd say cos of corona and FFP they only have £50m to spend then I don't see how that becomes our problem and results in us selling him for less 

Totally agree, that’s why I don’t understand why some people across the board are saying transfer fees will come down, why?  The selling clubs aren’t going to lower their prices unless they have to because they need the money.  Yes, this may result in less transfers that are of big fees but won’t reduce the price of big fee transfers that do happen.

Â