The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, John said:

Then he stays where he is. It's not going to be a bankruptcy sale. If he wants to go, then someone will need to pay our price to make it happen. 

Why would we even sell for 40-50m, that makes no sense.  I agree unless somebody pays our price he stays.  We still have 3 years of his contract left.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John said:

Then he stays where he is. It's not going to be a bankruptcy sale. If he wants to go, then someone will need to pay our price to make it happen. 

Agreed. We don’t have to sell. And the owners don’t necessarily want to sell either. Pay rediculous money, or take a hike! 

• Like 3

I think dipping in to the mirky hard to understand world of football marketing if someone like utd paid £80m for him and stuck him on the side of their Nigerian orange juice partners* carton they would soon start to see that investment pay off

I think when he breaks through in to the national side he is an incredibly marketable player and player marketability is soaring, that's why they paid so much for pogba, I look at sterling getting this ridiculous money from puma and then look at how villa have used and effectively prepped Jack for the limelight, he would be the face of man utd, that's worth silly money 

*that's a real thing....

• Like 1

We nearly always seem to undervalue our players. We buy high & sell low far too often for my liking.

Bored to tears of all this Grealish to Man Ure talk though it's embarrassing how often the media keep re-pumping / re-hashing this story.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TreeVillan said:

I don't agree with you. Just think about it for a moment. 

I have thought it, as good as Grealish is, I don’t think he is worth anywhere near £80m. He hasn’t had even a decent full season in the Premier League yet, I’m not saying that he won’t. Don’t get me wrong, I think he is a fantastic player but for me, he has done next to nothing yet. In terms of natural talent, he is great but that only gets you so far, a player needs to have the right mentality to go with it like James Milner, Grealish should take a look at him and idolise his professionalism on and off the pitch. The incident with the police recently and then consequently his message to the public telling us to stay home while he goes out gallivanting says to me that he think he has made it already when in reality, he hasn’t for me. In order to realise his full potential, he will need to leave Aston Villa

6 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I have thought it, as good as Grealish is, I don’t think he is worth anywhere near £80m. He hasn’t had even a decent full season in the Premier League yet, I’m not saying that he won’t. Don’t get me wrong, I think he is a fantastic player but for me, he has done next to nothing yet. In terms of natural talent, he is great but that only gets you so far, a player needs to have the right mentality to go with it like James Milner, Grealish should take a look at him and idolise his professionalism on and off the pitch. The incident with the police recently and then consequently his message to the public telling us to stay home while he goes out gallivanting says to me that he think he has made it already when in reality, he hasn’t for me. In order to realise his full potential, he will need to leave Aston Villa

Debatable mentality - Pogba's for 89m?

Not a full season - Joao Felix whose only played  26 games for Benfica before his £110m fee to A Madrid

Just a full season - Mbappe whose played 41 games for Monaco before £110m fee to PSG

Poor league - De Jong had only 57 games for Ajax before 65m fee or De Ligt for had 77 games before 70m fee

"To realise his full potential"  that's a BS statement!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Debatable mentality - Pogba's for 89m?

Not a full season - Joao Felix whose only played  26 games for Benfica before his £110m fee to A Madrid

Just a full season - Mbappe whose played 41 games for Monaco before £110m fee to PSG

Poor league - De Jong had only 57 games for Ajax before 65m fee or De Ligt for had 77 games before 70m fee

"To realise his full potential"  that's a BS statement!

Is it? I’ll give you an example of Alan Shearer, he had opportunities to move to Manchester United when he was at Newcastle United, he turned them down, I bet for the life of me that he regrets it now. If Grealish has the same opportunity, he will be off like a shot

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Is it? I’ll give you an example of Alan Shearer, he had opportunities to move to Manchester United when he was at Newcastle United, he turned them down, I bet for the life of me that he regrets it now. If Grealish has the same opportunity, he will be off like a shot

He's talked about that since, he said no he has no regrets.  He had two chances to join Man U and says he has no regrets.  Matt Le Tissier with Southampton the same.  I disagree about Grealish as well, I wouldnt go to Man United at the moment, just because Fernandes has started well, Man United are still well behind winning anything in the next few years, they wont even be in the Champions League next season.

Edited by nick76

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

He's talked about that since, he said no he has no regrets.  He had two chances to join Man U and says he has no regrets.  Matt Le Tissier with Southampton the same.  I disagree about Grealish as well, I wouldnt go to Man United at the moment, just because Fernandes has started well, Man United are still well behind winning anything in the next few years, they wont even be in the Champions League next season.

I think anyone would be stupid to turn Manchester United down, they’re still the biggest club in the world for me

For Jack, with his talent, he needs to pick the right move and some clubs are not the right place and he'd be best stopping at the Villa (that's if we let him leave).  Also, how many players with potential go to big teams and just fade away, happens more often than success.

With Liverpool and Man City, there is great chance of winning trophies but getting a game is going to be hard....how does he fit in those teams and how much quality is in his position already.  Would Pep give Jack more time to Jack than Foden, B Silva or De Bruyne as attacking midfielders.  Man U he would get games but if they are buying Sancho, they already have James, Rashford, Fernandes.  Chelsea arent going to buy him and he wont be going to Leicester.  You are running out of teams as why would you go to Spurs or Arsenal at the moment even if they were interested.  Levy wouldnt pay the money and Arteta I'm not sure would be interested or want that kind of outlay for one player especially as Arsenal arent generally big spenders. 

Jack's choices are limited and thus the grass isnt always greener.  I certainly wouldnt want to go to Man U at the moment, the graveyard of footballers in recent years, which is the only serious link we've had for him really.  If I was him, if he has a choice, stay at the Villa another year and see what Man Utd do this summer and next season before jumping into that frying pan.  Opportunity maybe not there next year but at the same time going there now may be the worst thing for his career.

10 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think anyone would be stupid to turn Manchester United down, they’re still the biggest club in the world for me

I would turn them down if I was Jack.

Man Utd maybe the biggest club in the world but on the the pitch they arent even in the top 10 in the world are they?  In fact Sheff Utd are par with them (I'm obviously not comparing club size) but they arent doing it on the pitch, they havent done it on the pitch since Ferguson left, they havent won the league, on their 4th manager and have finished 5 times out of the last 7 seasons, outside a Champions League position (including this season)

Edited by nick76

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

For Jack, with his talent, he needs to pick the right move and some clubs are not the right place and he'd be best stopping at the Villa (that's if we let him leave).  Also, how many players with potential go to big teams and just fade away, happens more often than success.

With Liverpool and Man City, there is great chance of winning trophies but getting a game is going to be hard....how does he fit in those teams and how much quality is in his position already.  Would Pep give Jack more time to Jack than Foden, B Silva or De Bruyne as attacking midfielders.  Man U he would get games but if they are buying Sancho, they already have James, Rashford, Fernandes.  Chelsea arent going to buy him and he wont be going to Leicester.  You are running out of teams as why would you go to Spurs or Arsenal at the moment even if they were interested.  Levy wouldnt pay the money and Arteta I'm not sure would be interested or want that kind of outlay for one player especially as Arsenal arent generally big spenders. 

Jack's choices are limited and thus the grass isnt always greener.  I certainly wouldnt want to go to Man U at the moment, the graveyard of footballers in recent years, which is the only serious link we've had for him really.  If I was him, if he has a choice, stay at the Villa another year and see what Man Utd do this summer and next season before jumping into that frying pan.  Opportunity maybe not there next year but at the same time going there now may be the worst thing for his career.

I wouldn’t rule out a move abroad for Grealish, he would excel in Spain for example even more than he does now. Why do you think his choices are limited?

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I would turn them down if I was Jack.

Man Utd maybe the biggest club in the world but on the the pitch they arent even in the top 10 in the world are they?  In fact Sheff Utd are par with them (I'm obviously not comparing club size) but they arent doing on the pitch, they havent done it on the pitch.  Since Ferguson left, they havent won the league, on their 4th manager and have finished 5 times out of the last 7 seasons, outside a Champions League position (including this season)

I still think they are a massive club, I wouldn’t turn them down if I was Grealish but I’m not him 

11 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

If a club paid £80m, it would rank him as the 11th most expensive player of all time, in my opinion, we would be getting a very good deal if a team decided to pay that much for him.

Joint 12th and the same value as Harry Maguire - I think the Maguire transfer is a good indicator on this one.

Worth considering that Spurs are looking for £200m for Harry Kane.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Manchester United are interesting in that if they lose control of how the financial rules in football are managed, they're in massive trouble - they've got enormous debt easily the largest in this country, Old Trafford needs a huge amount spent on it (it's massive but parts of it are crumbling) and they're not quite where they'd like to be on the pitch.

At the moment, it's marketing and the top line that's keeping them in the lead pack - to stay there, they need to remain a big influence on how football works. A rethink on football finance after Coronavirus could be a huge threat to them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Joint 12th and the same value as Harry Maguire - I think the Maguire transfer is a good indicator on this one.

Thanks for correcting me, still a ridiculous fee for a player that hasn’t had 1 completed Premier League season on his CV (Grealish I mean)

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Manchester United are interesting in that if they lose control of how the financial rules in football are managed, they're in massive trouble - they've got enormous debt easily the largest in this country, Old Trafford needs a huge amount spent on it (it's massive but parts of it are crumbling) and they're not quite where they'd like to be on the pitch.

At the moment, it's marketing and the top line that's keeping them in the lead pack - to stay there, they need to remain a big influence on how football works. A rethink on football finance after Coronavirus could be a huge threat to them.

Thanks for that, I didn’t know that

Â