The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

19 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Think he'll stay at Dortmund another year and then come here after the euros. In any case Chelsea will probably go for him aswell.

Sounds like he wants to come home to the UK though.  He already spoken of it being hard away from the UK....I assume family and stuff.  Then he had hinted in an instagram/ticktok/webchatlive thingy (apologises i'm not all in the know with the kids stuff).

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Think he'll stay at Dortmund another year and then come here after the euros. In any case Chelsea will probably go for him aswell.

I think signings of the profile of Sancho and Jack won't be happening this year, at least not until January, which is a bad time for signing players anyway. 

If we get relegated then obviously Jack will go at a relative cut price but relegation is looking less and less likely by the day to me.  It will mean Jack misses out on a move again but he has always given his all after the moves didn't come off and I'm sure he will again.

9 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I think signings of the profile of Sancho and Jack won't be happening this year, at least not until January, which is a bad time for signing players anyway. 

If we get relegated then obviously Jack will go at a relative cut price but relegation is looking less and less likely by the day to me.  It will mean Jack misses out on a move again but he has always given his all after the moves didn't come off and I'm sure he will again.

Has Grealish had opportunities to move to other clubs?

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

He ain't going anywhere unless we drop.

I do want him to stay, only if we can bring more able body's in to alleviate the pressure around Jack, we all know he gets kicked to ****. Jack needs a hardman around him a proper nut case that opposition are aware of consequences if they keep messing around with Jack. Those consequences comeback on opposition and are done in a smart way, the way we've been done so many times this season.

Then what Jack needs and the squad needs in midfield is someone who can easily disrupt opposition advances, we've failed miserably at that.

Then once we've disrupted our opponents in midfield,  we then need creativity, speed (were to slow at times), a driving midfielder who can flex his skills through a few players in the center and move the ball forward with excellent pass accuracy. Yes that player needs to have vision to lay it off to the flanks.

Which brings me to wingers, God for the umpteenth time our Wingers, yes Wingers (deadpool moan coming here btw). If I had my say I'd be done with Wingers unless we can bring in the best in the biz. Wingers our lads whoever they are on the restart, need to have that vision, that accuracy and timing, none of those have really been seen much this season. Crosses, pass accuracy, foresight, timing, even feeling of a cross has very much been lacking.

We have all pretty much seen over and over that when were attacking there is no one at the front post nor the back post, everyone flicks to the middle of the box. Many times we've seen that when the pass or cross has happened that only one player has managed to get near the ball (our striker) and the rest are still outside in midfield arriving late,way to late. We could of had more goals I reckon if more had of jumped far and near post and arrived in time for the attack. Are our Wingers going to fast, I doubt it, I think our other players are arriving to slow as opposition defence has reset. Yes opposition defence reset due to a failure of pressing hard enough, moving fast enough has happened, if its attacking football then why are we failing on moving into position for the cross so much, into the right positions and players are arriving late??

38 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Why the hell is hourihane yet again going public about grealish? Guys starting to really piss me off.

He said that he wants Jack to keep us up and then after that its his decision. Dont see an issue 

Villa fans have already resigned themselves to him leaving

Edited by Zatman

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He said that he wants Jack to keep us up and then after that its his decision. Dont see an issue 

Why is he talking about him at all? Why is he doing another interview?

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Why is he talking about him at all? Why is he doing another interview?

Well thats another thing ha, surely club are sanctioning Conor attempts to be a media star

I dont see issue with the answer, not like he said Jack should sign for United or even move to a bigger club 

37 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

He ain't going anywhere unless we drop.

I think you're wrong.

Man Utd payed 80 mill for a slightly above average player like Maguire. If the player is good enough clubs will be prepared to pay whatever it takes.

Jack isn't young anymore. He is entering his prime years and would want to play in Europe and be in a team challenging for titles.

Edited by villalad21

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Well thats another thing ha, surely club are sanctioning Conor attempts to be a media star

I dont see issue with the answer, not like he said Jack should sign for United or even move to a bigger club 

I'm certain the club are putting him up for it. Don't know what they're thinking either when he goes on to say this.

"It's going to be a tough summer and a tough decision for Jack. Hopefully, first and foremost, he keeps us up - that is the most important thing for the football club.

"And then, whatever Jack decides to do, that's up to him. He deserves everything he gets."

What's Jack's decision again? With three years left on his contract? To decide whether to go on strike?

Hourihane is a stone cold loser.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Zatman said:

really dont see an issue? he so easily could have said "hope he keeps us up, and then helps us take the next step next season, and one day captains us in europe"

why on earth is he talking about him 'making decisions'

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

really dont see an issue? he so easily could have said "hope he keeps us up, and then helps us take the next step next season, and one day captains us in europe"

why on earth is he talking about him 'making decisions'

He is entering his peak. He needs to be playing at the top level and in Europe now. Not in 5-6 years time.

37 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I'm certain the club are putting him up for it. Don't know what they're thinking either when he goes on to say this.

"It's going to be a tough summer and a tough decision for Jack. Hopefully, first and foremost, he keeps us up - that is the most important thing for the football club.

"And then, whatever Jack decides to do, that's up to him. He deserves everything he gets."

What's Jack's decision again? With three years left on his contract? To decide whether to go on strike?

Hourihane is a stone cold loser.

“ first and foremost he keeps us up”! Do you see the problem in those words? It comes across as the other players looking to Grealish to get results, rather than themselves. That’s a huge problem as far as I’m concerned, and needs to be eradicated with haste. Ffs, where is the personal pride and responsibility?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

“ first and foremost he keeps us up”! Do you see the problem in those words? It comes across as the other players looking to Grealish to get results, rather than themselves. That’s a huge problem as far as I’m concerned, and needs to be eradicated with haste. Ffs, where is the personal pride and responsibility?

I expect nothing else from Hourihane. He's proven so many times he can't function unless someone else does the hard yards for him.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

So has conor.

All he had to do was say the first part nit the second.  This is the second time he has done this. 

Conor isnt making himself popular with is after these comments. Its like he is invitjng clubs to bid for him

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

So has conor.

All he had to do was say the first part nit the second.  This is the second time he has done this. 

Conor isnt making himself popular with is after these comments. Its like he is invitjng clubs to bid for him

reminds me of patrick berger talking about gareth barry. not quite as bad, but along similar lines

• Like 1

All just confirms that inhouse Jack is talking about what he may/may not do. Clearly flirting with the idea to the point that the other players think/know he’ll be going. Be nice if he took to his twitter and ended all speculation and said this is my club, which im lucky enough to captain, you must be crazy if you think id leave. Instead we got a like of him in a Man Utd shirt

Â