The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

55 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

For the money and if the player wants to leave in order to further himself

Do you know that Grealish wants to leave? I havent heard him say that.

For the money? Not sure the owners have come in to sell their best player, they dont need the money and always talked about growing us substantially which selling would be the opposite.  Some may say FFP but obviously Purslow and the owners know what they are doing otherwise keep telling us about the next phase would be foolish and end up with resentment and Edens especially doesnt have that kind of record in his history.

So you are 2 for 2 failure so far.....sorry! 

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Do you know that Grealish wants to leave? I havent heard him say that.

For the money? Not sure the owners have come in to sell their best player, they dont need the money and always talked about growing us substantially which selling would be the opposite.  Some may say FFP but obviously Purslow and the owners know what they are doing otherwise keep telling us about the next phase would be foolish and end up with resentment and Edens especially doesnt have that kind of record in his history.

So you are 2 for 2 failure so far.....sorry! 

Just because the owners talk the talk doesn’t mean they walk the walk. They have spent a lot so far but they had to, we simply wouldn’t have been competitive in the Premier League if they didn’t. It could be said that we aren’t competitive now, even more so without Grealish. I haven’t heard Grealish say that he wants to leave either but in the matches preceding the CoronaVirus, you could tell by his body language (he was slumped over and walking during matches) that he possibly wants to leave. You seem like you are trying to score points against me on here, especially from your last statement 

• Like 1

Am I the only one that if I had become a professional footballer at let's say Jack's level that would want to do everything to make Villa the best they could be.  I know the argument about a footballer can be a supporter and a job and they can be different but all I ever wanted to do as a kid was play for Aston Villa.  It was never play for Aston Villa and if things were hard I'd go for a big move to another team.  Yes money is a big thing and winning trophies but I could never imagine being a professional footballer, captaining my team and scoring and playing in front of the Holte End.  That to me was bigger than winning trophies at Man U or elsewhere, not that even Man U are anywhere near winning trophies at the moment or near future.

If I was earning big money at my club in comparison to what he would earn at Man U, which is debatable I know but let's assume it's not that big of a deal, then I wouldve stayed at the Villa.  I know that because I have made similar sacrifices in my own life of where I have worked and why I've worked there.  If I'm earning big money and playing for my boyhood club, loved by the fans, in the top league and captain then why would you change that, why would you risk that when so many players fail when they go to bigger clubs.  Yes you can argue about challenging for trophies at other clubs but there is no guarantee especially at the likes of Man U which is a bit of a graveyard for players in recent years.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Just because the owners talk the talk doesn’t mean they walk the walk. They have spent a lot so far but they had to, we simply wouldn’t have been competitive in the Premier League if they didn’t. It could be said that we aren’t competitive now, even more so without Grealish. I haven’t heard Grealish say that he wants to leave either but in the matches preceding the CoronaVirus, you could tell by his body language (he was slumped over and walking during matches) that he possibly wants to leave. You seem like you are trying to score points against me on here, especially from your last statement 

No I'm not trying to score points I just dont think it's right that people assume that Jack's wants to leave or wants to go to Man United. 

I think all the players body language was like that before the lockdown, we had just been beaten again for the 4 straight league game and it wasnt good, it was an easy Leicester victory.  He's frustrated, as we all are, and obviously not happy but that automatically doesnt mean he probably wants to leave.....that is a leap.

I apologise for the aggressiveness of my response looking back on it but just frustrates me this thread where people say potentially he looks like he wants to leave, I dont begrudge him leaving, he needs to leave to further himself and I expect him to go whatever.  He's our player, he was a contract until 2023, and it would be a huge fee to get if even if we did sell, he plays for his boyhood club, is captain and adored by his fans.......we are in a tough time.....doesnt mean he'll take the easy route out or even that we would let him. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Until the owners dont walk the walk, then be skeptical but it's unfair to not take them by their word.  They have done everything they said they would since they came in.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Until the owners dont walk the walk, then be skeptical but it's unfair to not take them by their word.  They have done everything they said they would since they came in.

I think you are correct 

From what i've seen of James he is just the white Agbonlahor.

Pace for days but got no technical ability. If he doesn't have space to run into he looks absolutely clueless.

Edited by villalad21

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

From what i've seen of James he is just the white Agbonlahor.

Pace for days but got no technical ability. If he doesn't have space to run into he looks absolutely clueless.

I think he does have technical ability, he just glides past players at times

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think he does have technical ability, he just glides past players at times

Only when he got space to run into. During counter attacks.

He doesn't do shit against an organized back 4.

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Only when he got space to run into. During counter attacks.

He doesn't do shit against an organized back 4.

The emphasis these days from fans and media alike is on attack I think. Apart from obviously Van Dijk and Laporte, there are very few top defenders in the Premier League. Back in the 90s, there were loads.

Good players find space even against organised defences. Personally, I think James is one of those from the limited action of what I have seen of him for Swansea City, Manchester United and Wales

23 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Good players find space even against organised defences. Personally, I think James is one of those from the limited action of what I have seen of him for Swansea City, Manchester United and Wales

Nah. He is very much a counter attacking player. Much like Gabby.

What sets Jack apart is he can create chances against organized defence's. Him and KDB has created the most amount of chances from open play this season more so than any other player

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Nah. He is very much a counter attacking player. Much like Gabby.

What sets Jack apart is he can create chances against organized defence's. Him and KDB has created the most amount of chances from open play this season more so than any other player

Personally, I’d say that Daniel James is far more skilful than Gabby was. What set Gabby  apart was his willingness to work and improve what he had. If Daniel James could apply himself like Gabby during the MON years, we’d have some player

6 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Man Utd don't actually need him.

Bruno got the 8 role and Rashford is playing LWF

Who's playing 10 role in their 3 man midfield? Pogba is better deeper so not really sure how him and Fernandes would work in the same midfield. Would need a DM with extreme discipline to plug the gaps. Also Rashford could still move into the CF role at some stage over next two years although take your point he's better cutting in from the left at this point.

Maybe they've offer us Alexis Sanchez for a year given hardly anyone will want him with the cash crisis in football, hopefully with us just paying 20% of his wages or something!

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Who's playing 10 role in their 3 man midfield? Pogba is better deeper so not really sure how him and Fernandes would work in the same midfield. Would need a DM with extreme discipline to plug the gaps. Also Rashford could still move into the CF role at some stage over next two years although take your point he's better cutting in from the left at this point.

Maybe they've offer us Alexis Sanchez for a year given hardly anyone will want him with the cash crisis in football, hopefully with us just paying 20% of his wages or something!

McTominay/Matic - Pogba and Bruno will be their midfield whne everyone's fit. Rashford to the left.

Can't see where Jack would fit in.

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He do what he does from the left on the right perhaps.

They want Sancho more than Jack from the coverage so that would cover that position.

Â