The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

52 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

nice table, never seen it before.  But how is speed and quickness not in the physical list?  Also, I would add field awareness or "vision" and "speed of thought."

Inboxed you mate. UTV

Edited by Villan4Life

4 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I know it’s only speculation but The Sun are saying that Grealish will 100% quit Aston Villa if we’re relegated 

I don't think they have the slightest clue about what he will or will not do. But I also think they are 100% correct.

Absolutely zero chance he will play Championship football next season.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, sne said:

I don't think they have the slightest clue about what he will or will not do. But I also think they are 100% correct.

Absolutely zero chance he will play Championship football next season.

I think you’re right, even if we somehow stay up, he’ll probably leave too sadly

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I know it’s only speculation but The Sun are saying that Grealish will 100% quit Aston Villa if we’re relegated 

He'll 100% leave regardless of anything.

You'd maybe have a 1 or 2% chance he'd hang around if you stumbled on a time machine that showed him lifting the Champions League trophy as Villa captain at the head of a team of modern Galacticos, but that's about it. He's off. He almost certainly knows where to.

3 minutes ago, Chindie said:

He'll 100% leave regardless of anything.

You'd maybe have a 1 or 2% chance he'd hang around if you stumbled on a time machine that showed him lifting the Champions League trophy as Villa captain at the head of a team of modern Galacticos, but that's about it. He's off. He almost certainly knows where to.

We need to find a way of replacing him, it’ll either turn out to be a rip roaring success or a complete failure. He’ll leave with my blessing but no player is irreplaceable, I think it might galvanise us and make us a better team if and when he does leave, we’re so reliant on him, it’ll allow the other players to step up. Don’t get me wrong, he’s a fantastic player, so naturally gifted but it’s a team game

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think there’ll be a queue of clubs here and abroad after him

Who here? 

I think city at a push if they see him as the sane / silva replacement, I don't see it at utd if they get sancho, spurs won't pay the money, Chelsea don't need him, Leicester I'm not having, arsenal maybe but I don't see him as their type of signing (they seem to be pacey and foreign) 

Abroad is hard to tell but the English tax will scare most off

18 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Who here? 

I think city at a push if they see him as the sane / silva replacement, I don't see it at utd if they get sancho, spurs won't pay the money, Chelsea don't need him, Leicester I'm not having, arsenal maybe but I don't see him as their type of signing (they seem to be pacey and foreign) 

Manchester United, they’re constantly linked with him in the press, I think that Sancho and Grealish could be amazing in the same team but it would be hard to fit them both in

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Manchester United, they’re constantly linked with him in the press, I think that Sancho and Grealish could be amazing in the same team but it would be hard to fit them both in

What about Rashford, Fernandes already! Splashing 100m on Sancho and looking at a central defender and another striker, I don’t think they’ll be in for a Jack unless he’s mega cheap.  With Sancho they’ll already have those creative attacking playing positions covered and need to spend money elsewhere that has been spoken about by OGS.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, nick76 said:

What about Rashford, Fernandes already! Splashing 100m on Sancho and looking at a central defender and another striker, I don’t think they’ll be in for a Jack unless he’s mega cheap.  With Sancho they’ll already have those creative attacking playing positions covered and need to spend money elsewhere that has been spoken about by OGS.

Yep, from a Woodward perspective I can see it, young English incredibly marketable and an element of peacocking about it, from OGS I can't, they have other needs in that squad 

• Like 1

On 09/05/2020 at 14:42, Villan4Life said:

Apply the F.A. 4-corner model on players all the time when accessing players SGC even at youth team level!! Start to do this more lad.

I personally wouldn't want Lingard anywhere near the Villa team and would be in dismay if he somehow arrived at B6.

i don't care one bit how games he has played for Man Utd or England.I don't rate him.

4-corner model and my own eyes and brain tell' me everything i need to know about him. 

Jesse wouldn't want come to Villa anyway. :)

66059_24375.jpg

Really interesting. I know all of our insights are of equal merit, but the real value of a site like this is when theres a post which changes your thinking. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Yep, from a Woodward perspective I can see it, young English incredibly marketable and an element of peacocking about it, from OGS I can't, they have other needs in that squad 

Yep, good shout.

Should they blow their load, he's better than all those attacking players they've brought in though :flag:

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Who here? 

Man. United has been rumoured for months so obviously something in it (just like Barry to Liverpool was rumoured although of course that didn't happen in the end).

I think if Pogba goes he fits into their team like a glove but all transfer plans are out the window with the virus.

He could play as a number 10 there (Bruno could be moved back slightly into box to box midfielder) or indeed in the front 3 which let's not forget he's been playing half a season here.

I'm not that convinced they'll get Sancho given he plays for a better club atm. It's easy to forget Dortmund play in CL every season infront of higher attendance than Man. United even if they don't have the worldwide appeal so don't see the rush for Sancho to come back to premier league. He's from London aswell so I think Chelsea would see him as an ideal signing with their transfer ban lifted.

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

Up to xmas lingard and Andreas Pereria were regularly starting in their front 4. When we got the 2-2 up there their wide options were Mata who's way past his best now and Daniel James so it's not like they've got incredible depth upfront particularly as Rashford has been injured for four months of this season.

He'd start regularly there no problem.

I'd probably do a deal if we got 40m + Mason Greenwood + Daniel James on season long loans. Given our dealings over last decade I have little confidence we'd replace Grealish with anyone good and would probably waste 20m + on the new Nzogbia or Stephen Ireland. At least with someone like James he's pretty rapid in the final third which we lack. Greenwood looks a very good prospect, decent goals to game ratio this season for 18 year old.

Â