The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Ancelotti will have a summer desperately trying to convince kenwright not to buy him

His career is only going down one path and its a path we've seen with a lot of English players, there's nothing to suggest he will do anything different 

You talking Lingard here or Jacko?

I have totally bought in with Grealish, it's silly how highly I rate him. The last few games he had where he was fairly crap I've written off due to injury/fatigue/being sick of having five men round him with no one to pass to.

I think if he goes to Utd he'll turn them round and they'll be third best side in the country comfortably. maybe pushing higher if they can sort out their many other problems.. I think he would excel at City or Liverpool and after half a season be in the XI for the "big games".

He has sadly been a penis during the lockdown, which was a shame. Too much booze is the only thing that will stop him, I think his attitude during the season has been exemplary for three or four years.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

We all hear stories and often no smoke without fire...

I wonder if Man Utd, City would take a chance on him? 

I think if we don’t get relegated then the price we put on him might be too high for those clubs willing to pay.  He still has 3 years left on his contract so only if he pushes to leave would it cause a headache but then still we likely not accept a decent price for him but I’m still not convinced they would spend that on him despite the fact that I think he’s worth it.  They would all love him but it’s about priorities.

Man U want Sancho, would they also want Grealish with the other options they have already. They have other areas that need attention.

Man City have great talent in this area and while losing David Silva, it’s a chance for Foden to shine so again would they spend that kind of money when we know their recruitment focus will be defence.

41 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I think if clubs start splashing out big cash on players this summer/autumn whenever there will be huge backlash. 

Not from their fans, opposite fans will be classed as jealous and non-football fans will just think it’s usual football BS.  

It’s going to happen, OGS has already talked about the big spend they are going to do, Newcastle will be doing it and Chelsea have indicated it so unlikely that not much money will be spent.  

Backlash maybe but not material enough to affect it happening.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 2

I think there will from the public in general when we all will be paying for the cost of this pandemic for many years to come. Anyway I don't think clubs will be splashing out big money for players in the current climate. I think we will see a lot more free transfers and clubs swapping players. 

Edited by PaulC

39 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I think there will from the public in general when we all will be paying for the cost of this pandemic for many years to come. Anyway I don't think clubs will be splashing out big money for players in the current climate. I think we will see a lot more free transfers and clubs swapping players. 

Didn't make to much difference during the resession, I doubt it'll make alot of different now.

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

I think if clubs start splashing out big cash on players this summer/autumn whenever there will be huge backlash. 

So you're saying that the general publics spirits won't be lifted when someone makes a £100m+ transfer £300k a week wages signing of Johnny foreigner? 

;)

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Didn't make to much difference during the resession, I doubt it'll make alot of different now.

This will be a lot worse than that though

If FFP stays then yeah maybe there will be a drop in spending but not necessarily values (again just because the global market drops by say 20% why should our valuation of a player we don't want to sell also drop?) the revenue won't be there to prop up the spending 

But the idea that clubs won't spend money because of the negative reaction it may incur from Joe Public is incredibly naive of both Joe Public and the owners of football clubs 

Of course someone will sign him if we go down.

Go back 10-11 years and we had similar posts about no one wanting Milner, Barry, Young or Downing. Or if they did it would be why would Barry want to go to Liverpool, Milner to Man. City etc.

Well they went and with the honourable exception of Downing (that was actually a good deal for us but as usual we were useless at replacing him) all won the league title within 2-3 years of joining those clubs. Downing still won a league cup at Liverpool although he didn't last long and was back to mid table mediocrity at West Ham.

Anyway it's really time we pulled our socks up and start demanding more of the club (once it's safe again and things get back to normal of course). I can accept this season was always about survival but I fear we'll have a re-run of the Lambert years if we're not careful, signing too many mid to low range level players just because Benteke worked and then wondering why we're 16th going into the May of every season.

To have a chance of keeping Grealish we need to start seriously targeting top level international players like the Leipzig guys I mentioned the other day. I actually wonder what our strategy will be if FFP gets relaxed as that seems to be the restriction currently given what Purslow was saying the other week.

If it gets lifted we need to have a go I think.

• Like 1

I see rent-a-gob Noel Whelan has found a newspaper that will listen and is suggesting that Jack should be suspended when the season restarts for his breaking of the lockdown.

I genuinely wonder if Noel is ill, but I suspect he's just desperate for money - it's a shame to see an ex-pro have to embarrass himself this way for a few pennies.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I see rent-a-gob Noel Whelan has found a newspaper that will listen and is suggesting that Jack should be suspended when the season restarts for his breaking of the lockdown.

I genuinely wonder if Noel is ill, but I suspect he's just desperate for money - it's a shame to see an ex-pro have to embarrass himself this way for a few pennies.

I think it says a lot about the media that they would ask Noel Whelan his opinions on anything. Its not like he was even a half decent player

Next Sky will be asking Isiah Osbourne or Ali Dia for opinions on the game

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Rent-a-gob is spot on. His comments are becoming more and more ridiculous each day. 
Imagine how salty he’ll be if Leeds are denied promotion.

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

If FFP stays then yeah maybe there will be a drop in spending but not necessarily values (again just because the global market drops by say 20% why should our valuation of a player we don't want to sell also drop?) the revenue won't be there to prop up the spending 

But the idea that clubs won't spend money because of the negative reaction it may incur from Joe Public is incredibly naive of both Joe Public and the owners of football clubs 

In a year or two spending may get back to where it was but I do not see too much big spending. There’s a loss of revenue  with no crowds in football grounds for the foreseeable future and if the season doesn’t finish there’s further loss of revenue 

22 hours ago, Zatman said:

I think it says a lot about the media that they would ask Noel Whelan his opinions on anything. Its not like he was even a half decent player

Next Sky will be asking Isiah Osbourne or Ali Dia for opinions on the game

I saw a quote from Nil Lamptey recently advising some Ghanaian player not to come to England. I'm suprised anyone outside of Villa would even have heard of him. 

On 09/05/2020 at 08:42, Villan4Life said:

Apply the F.A. 4-corner model on players all the time when accessing players SGC even at youth team level!! Start to do this more lad.

I personally wouldn't want Lingard anywhere near the Villa team and would be in dismay if he somehow arrived at B6.

i don't care one bit how games he has played for Man Utd or England.I don't rate him.

4-corner model and my own eyes and brain tell' me everything i need to know about him. 

Jesse wouldn't want come to Villa anyway. :)

66059_24375.jpg

nice table, never seen it before.  But how is speed and quickness not in the physical list?  Also, I would add field awareness or "vision" and "speed of thought."

Jacks a great player. He’s gets me excited when he’s on the ball, you always have confidence in him to make a good decision and to make something happen. It will be upsetting and a sad day when he leaves, which he unfortunately will. It would probably soften the blow to see him go abroad, I really could see him playing for Barcelona, he’d be a great long term prospect for them and could learn and eventually take over from Messi as their talisman, I know some people don’t rate him that highly but I do, there isn’t many players who can make the ball stick to their feet like glue. It would also probably benefit him to be away from the UK press and people he chooses to mix with. 

• Like 2

Â