The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

50 minutes ago, TRO said:

What it does Dave, is put in to question their judgement.

They both no doubt are extremely good at their jobs.....but Oh! For that priceless commodity of common sense.

More chance of finding a 12 pack of toilet roll. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I wonder will The Sun, Piers Morgan, Harry Redknapp etc be out now to criticise Walker and his actions

They bloody well should. And give dog’s abuse the the Scottish Chief Medical Officer. 

33 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Its bad. When people read that it encourages them to do the same.  A neighbour of mine went out yesterday on his bike on his own, must have been only three miles away from home. A policeman pulled him up and he was given a £60 fine 

Yes but he was stark naked...😀

• Haha 1

On 05/04/2020 at 13:44, DaveAV1 said:

Meanwhile Scotland’s Chief Medical Officer has been caught visiting her second home. Worryingly this may suggest that she is no more intelligent than a PL footballer. Or perhaps it says more about human nature that when we give people money and power, some assume a sense of entitlement that they believe lifts them above the rest of society. 

Her profuse apology almost mirrors that of Jack’s. As does her self elevation above the rest of us. I doubt either of them are truly sorry for anything other than bring caught, but she really should know better. She is the face of the NHS up in Scotland, seen and heard on TV and radio numerous times a day, imploring people to stay at home! 

Arrogance it appears is as indiscriminate as Coronavirus when it comes to who it infects.  

spot on

Now,  on the same day that Wayne “The Brain” Rooney has described attacking footballers as a joke, it appears that he has been told off by the police for taking his family for a walk with Kyle Walker and his family. These utter morons couldn’t be more disconnected with the rest of humanity if we put them on Mars. 

I’ve cancelled my Sky Sports subscription. I’m not sure if I’ll make it permanent, but I really should. If enough of us did, we could cut the flow off at source. 

I don’t really begrudge them, or anyone else their money, but I hate what the money does to many of them. I’m sure the majority of footballers are staying at home and understand to a large extent how lucky they are. But the very visible minority do the rest of them no favours. 

Football as a working man’s game has been destroyed since the emergence of Sky. Football administrators and their creation of competitions designed with the sole purpose of making money are equally culpable. It’s rotten and now it’s starting to stink. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, TRO said:

Because we don't do it right......as the old saying goes....the definition of insanity, keep doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results.

There are many examples in the premier league of why modest teams have stayed up and in my opinion, we haven't learnt much from them......there are many defenders or defensive minded players in the league, outside the top 6 we would turn our nose up at, because we are committed to signing continental lightweights from sub standard leagues, who show different, when they come to us....players who can't stay on the ball or taken out so easily....players who shy away from taking players out, its not in their psyche, unless you sign big or get lucky....like Kompany was.

its all very well seeing players show their skills in other leagues, but when they come here, they face opposition who stop them playing.

when are we going to learn?

I’ll just say it now, I don’t know if anyone will agree but I don’t think we ever will learn, do you or anyone else agree? We simply don’t have the finance to compete with the top 6 anymore, we’re light years behind them. We are lucky to just be in the Premier League, it’s the best league in the world. We tried the proven Premier League players (Richards, Lescott), that failed. We signed players from the French league back in the Summer 2015 (Amavi, Veretout and Gueye) that failed too. We signed players from the Belgian league (Engels, Nakamba and Wesley) last Summer, the jury is still out on them.

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

6 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Now,  on the same day that Wayne “The Brain” Rooney has described attacking footballers as a joke, it appears that he has been told off by the police for taking his family for a walk with Kyle Walker and his family. These utter morons couldn’t be more disconnected with the rest of humanity if we put them on Mars. 

I’ve cancelled my Sky Sports subscription. I’m not sure if I’ll make it permanent, but I really should. If enough of us did, we could cut the flow off at source. 

I don’t really begrudge them, or anyone else their money, but I hate what the money does to many of them. I’m sure the majority of footballers are staying at home and understand to a large extent how lucky they are. But the very visible minority do the rest of them no favours. 

Football as a working man’s game has been destroyed since the emergence of Sky. Football administrators and their creation of competitions designed with the sole purpose of making money are equally culpable. It’s rotten and now it’s starting to stink. 

There ain't nowt queerer than Folk Dave.....Don't spoil your enjoyment for a few Morons.

When you get the Chief Medical Officer defying the rules.....is there really any Hope....Talk about double standards, she just invented it.

The Human race is a Kaleidoscope of personalities and nothing should ever surprise you, to keep a tight rein on all, is nigh on impossible......I think where possible they should find a way to name and shame them.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I’ll just say it now, I don’t know if anyone will agree but I don’t think we ever will learn, do you or anyone else agree? We simply don’t have the finance to compete with the top 6 anymore, we’re light years behind them. We are lucky to just be in the Premier League, it’s the best league in the world 

Our best players like , Jack Grealish, Gary shaw, Brian Little, Gareth Barry, Sid Cowans all came through the youth system.....even Dwight Yorke, Andy Gray and John Gidman,David Platt  were young hopefuls that cost modest sums.

I don't think it is wholly and soley down to finance, I think in the main its down to vision, Nous and development.

What Finance has Sheff Utd had, until recently?, same for Leicester and Burnley, Southampton, sell very well to help their finances.....Bournemouth have done a sterling job, until this season as have Brighton in previous seasons.....We did it in the late 70's, we had no money, just bought prudently and we bought the right types of player, with character to form a TEAM...not a bunch of individuals, chasing around at times like headless chickens.

We ourselves have never been big spenders and we have had some very decent players in the past, bought with modest sums....Its more about spotting the right player to do the job in the team, sure money is required at times, when that last piece in the jigsaw is sought......I see full backs who can't stop a cross coming in consistently, How is that talent spotting? how are we paying these people for such low grade work.

When was the last time we went out on a limb for a CDM and bought quality in that dep't.....we just ask an average midfielder to play the role and hope for the best....Man City paid £34 mill for Fernandinho, that is how they value that role...maybe that is beyond our capability, right now, but we should know in the future where to aim for....I am not convinced we do, even with the money.

We have just spent c £140million in the summer.....it was only a few seasons ago we had a large influx of french players, we were all waiting to come good and the people responsible for buying were subsequently sacked......another load of doe, down the pug hole.

This is not working.

Edited by TRO

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Our best players like , Jack Grealish, Gary shaw, Brian Little, Gareth Barry, Sid Cowans all came through the youth system.....even Dwight Yorke, Andy Gray and John Gidman,David Platt  were young hopefuls that cost modest sums.

I don't think it is wholly and soley down to finance, I think in the main its down to vision, Nous and development.

What Finance has Sheff Utd had, until recently?, same for Leicester and Burnley, Southampton, sell very well to help their finances.....Bournemouth have done a sterling job, until this season as have Brighton in previous seasons.....We did it in the late 70's, we had no money, just bought prudently and we bought the right types of player, with character to form a TEAM...not a bunch of individuals, chasing around at times like headless chickens.

We ourselves have never been big spenders and we have had some very decent players in the past, bought with modest sums....Its more about spotting the right player to do the job in the team, sure money is required at times, when that last piece in the jigsaw is sought......I see full backs who can't stop a cross coming in consistently, How is that talent spotting? how are we paying these people for such low grade work.

When was the last time we went out on a limb for a CDM and bought quality in that dep't.....we just ask an average midfielder to play the role and hope for the best....Man City paid £34 mill for Fernandinho, that is how they value that role...maybe that is beyond our capability, right now, but we should know in the future where to aim for....I am not convinced we do, even with the money.

We have just spent c £140million in the summer.....it was only a few seasons ago we had a large influx of french players, we were all waiting to come good and the people responsible for buying were subsequently sacked......another load of doe, down the pug hole.

This is not working.

Manchester City have spent hundreds of millions on players since they were taken over, they are now one of the most feared sides in Europe, they have earned the right to have success in the game. 

You’d put Grealish among those players already? I can’t comment, I am too young to have seen the likes of Platt, Cowans, Little and Gray. I saw Yorke but I can’t remember him now. I saw Barry though, he was always destined for success, you could see it on his debut for us. Barry has had a great career 

I think Nakamba is good enough to fill that defensive midfield role for us. We bought him for a now modest fee of £11m, he started the season really well but then tailed off. He has picked up again in the few weeks before the CoronaVirus. He’s tigerish in the tackle, he gets around the pitch, what he can’t do is distribute the ball, that is why we brought in Drinkwater I think to play next to him. It looks to have been a failed experiment but the idea was good

3 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Kyle Walker is really trying his hardest to go against these rules. A true rebel

3 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Manchester City have spent hundreds of millions on players since they were taken over, they are now one of the most feared sides in Europe, they have earned the right to have success in the game. 

You’d put Grealish among those players already? I can’t comment, I am too young to have seen the likes of Platt, Cowans, Little and Gray. I saw Yorke but I can’t remember him now. I saw Barry though, he was always destined for success, you could see it on his debut for us. Barry has had a great career 

I think Nakamba is good enough to fill that defensive midfield role for us. We bought him for a now modest fee of £11m, he started the season really well but then tailed off. He has picked up again in the few weeks before the CoronaVirus. He’s tigerish in the tackle, he gets around the pitch, what he can’t do is distribute the ball, that is why we brought in Drinkwater I think to play next to him. It looks to have been a failed experiment but the idea was good

You see Nakamba, much different to me.....i think he loses his man too easily and players go past him too easily.....his reading of the game is patchy...in terms of dominance in the middle, which is what its all about, I am yet to see, what I was expecting from him, whether he improves, i have no idea.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

They have spent millions, but my point is, the early signings like Kompany at 6 mill, created the bedrock for the bigger signings......they got the chassis right first, before they put the body on.

Its the chassis that i think we are struggling with.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

You see Nakamba, much different to me.....i think he loses his man too easily and players go past him too easily.....his reading of the game is patchy...in terms of dominance in the middle, which is what its all about, I am yet to see, what I was expecting from him, whether he improves, i have no idea.

I think he started the season really well, dipped in the middle and has been good in recent weeks before the CoronaVirus. For what we paid for him, I think he’s done well for us. £11m is nothing in today’s market

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

They have spent millions, but my point is, the early signings like Kompany at 6 mill, created the bedrock for the bigger signings......they got the chassis right first, before they put the body on.

Its the chassis that i think we are struggling with.

I agree with you, the chassis is the most important part I think

33 minutes ago, TRO said:

Because he is a one man midfield at times, the others rarely track back when out of possession. This is the main reason our defence is shit

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Because he is a one man midfield at times, the others rarely track back when out of possession. This is the main reason our defence is shit

What about defending set pieces?

• Like 1

Apropos of this defensive midfielder chat you guys are having, I just learned that Nigel Reo-Coker from over a decade ago is still our 13th most expensive ever signing. Think that’s probably the issue when, never mind Fernandinho who TRO mentions, the likes of City can drop £50m on backups in that position. Thats not to say we can’t compete with Sheff Utd etc of course - but the gap is SO big to those top squads from a financial perspective. Maybe coronavirus will change it all... anyway getting off topic here!

1 hour ago, Adam2003 said:

Nigel Reo-Coker

Blast from the past.

Went on to play for Ipswich, in the MLS, and a stint with a club in Norway. And he claimed AC Milan were in for him. Waster.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Enda said:

Blast from the past.

Went on to play for Ipswich, in the MLS, and a stint with a club in Norway. And he claimed AC Milan were in for him. Waster.

He was good for us though, MON always tried to shoehorn him in at right back, it was clear he was a cdm 

Â