The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 hours ago, TRO said:

Yeah.

In those days we signed them, we made it a point to have one in the team., we signed character......now, i am not sure what they are looking at.....its not pace, its not combative skills, its not leadership skills.

I think Samatta, Nakamba, Luiz and Mings are quick, have combative skills and leadership skills, do you disagree?

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

So are you saying in about 25 years time Jack Grealish will manage Swansea City?

Haha who knows? Right now, I’d say it’s unlikely but I have been posting on here long enough for you lot not to trust my opinion 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think Samatta, Nakamba, Luiz and Mings are quick, have combative skills and leadership skills, do you disagree?

Mings to a  degree....Luiz and Nakamba not in my book.

Samatta, still a bit early to tell.

16 hours ago, TRO said:

Mings to a  degree....Luiz and Nakamba not in my book.

Samatta, still a bit early to tell.

Have you written Luiz and Nakamba off as Premier League players? I think that Nakamba was one of our best players at the start of the season and in recent weeks before this epidemic 

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

Meanwhile Scotland’s Chief Medical Officer has been caught visiting her second home. Worryingly this may suggest that she is no more intelligent than a PL footballer. Or perhaps it says more about human nature that when we give people money and power, some assume a sense of entitlement that they believe lifts them above the rest of society. 

Her profuse apology almost mirrors that of Jack’s. As does her self elevation above the rest of us. I doubt either of them are truly sorry for anything other than bring caught, but she really should know better. She is the face of the NHS up in Scotland, seen and heard on TV and radio numerous times a day, imploring people to stay at home! 

Arrogance it appears is as indiscriminate as Coronavirus when it comes to who it infects.  

McCormack throwing another shin-ding, in Scotland this time?

• Haha 4

18 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Have you written Luiz and Nakamba off as Premier League players? I think that Nakamba was one of our best players at the start of the season and in recent weeks before this epidemic 

Not written them off, no.....I just don't think in terms of dominant force, they are what we need....maybe squad players.

They don't stop the opposition from driving through the middle of us.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

Not written them off, no.....I just don't think in terms of dominant force, they are what we need....maybe squad players.

They don't stop the opposition from driving through the middle of us.

Sadly, I think you are right, Nakamba was excellent at the start of the season and in recent weeks, not so good in the middle. Consistency is key in the Premier League. It seems whoever we sign, whoever we appoint as manager, whoever we have as owners, the results don’t improve on the pitch, it’s been this way for a decade now. The chief executive (Christian Purslow) can talk the talk to the press but that doesn’t translate to the pitch

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Sadly, I think you are right, Nakamba was excellent at the start of the season and in recent weeks, not so good in the middle. Consistency is key in the Premier League. It seems whoever we sign, whoever we appoint as manager, whoever we have as owners, the results don’t improve on the pitch, it’s been this way for a decade now. The chief executive (Christian Purslow) can talk the talk to the press but that doesn’t translate to the pitch

Because we don't do it right......as the old saying goes....the definition of insanity, keep doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results.

There are many examples in the premier league of why modest teams have stayed up and in my opinion, we haven't learnt much from them......there are many defenders or defensive minded players in the league, outside the top 6 we would turn our nose up at, because we are committed to signing continental lightweights from sub standard leagues, who show different, when they come to us....players who can't stay on the ball or taken out so easily....players who shy away from taking players out, its not in their psyche, unless you sign big or get lucky....like Kompany was.

its all very well seeing players show their skills in other leagues, but when they come here, they face opposition who stop them playing.

when are we going to learn?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Meanwhile Scotland’s Chief Medical Officer has been caught visiting her second home. Worryingly this may suggest that she is no more intelligent than a PL footballer. Or perhaps it says more about human nature that when we give people money and power, some assume a sense of entitlement that they believe lifts them above the rest of society. 

Her profuse apology almost mirrors that of Jack’s. As does her self elevation above the rest of us. I doubt either of them are truly sorry for anything other than bring caught, but she really should know better. She is the face of the NHS up in Scotland, seen and heard on TV and radio numerous times a day, imploring people to stay at home! 

Arrogance it appears is as indiscriminate as Coronavirus when it comes to who it infects.  

What it does Dave, is put in to question their judgement.

They both no doubt are extremely good at their jobs.....but Oh! For that priceless commodity of common sense.

2 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Its bad. When people read that it encourages them to do the same.  A neighbour of mine went out yesterday on his bike on his own, must have been only three miles away from home. A policeman pulled him up and he was given a £60 fine 

Â