The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Reading some of these comments, we’re very quick to criticise as humans or praise for that matter. I am as guilty as anyone else, I am not exempt from criticism. Jack Grealish is a human just like you or I, he will make mistakes and learn from them and become a better person or player as a result. He’s a fantastic footballer who we are lucky to have at the club. He is only 24 years old, he’s still very young, no-one is squeaky clean in any walk of life. A few weeks ago, Grealish was being tipped for an England call up, he has the world at his feet. He is a once in a generation footballer who has unique talent but he isn’t above anyone else

Edited by sir_gary_cahill
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Reading some of these comments, we’re very quick to criticise as humans or praise for that matter. I am as guilty as anyone else, I am not exempt from criticism. Jack Grealish is a human just like you or I, he will make mistakes and learn from them and become a better person or player as a result. He’s a fantastic footballer who we are lucky to have at the club. He is only 24 years old, he’s still very young, no-one is squeaky clean in any walk of life. A few weeks ago, Grealish was being tipped for an England call up, he has the world at his feet. He is a once in a generation footballer who has unique talent but he isn’t above anyone else

You spent the last 6 months telling everyone how he isn't as good as everyone thinks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Absolute moron who let's himself down yet again.

Take the captaincy off him. Embarrassed the club dragged his name through the mud and can probably kiss goodbye to a guaranteed England cap.

I with you 100% here. He has let himself down, but he's also let the club down as he is the Captain and poster boy for the club, and he knows it.

I am actually surprised that someone like Purslow or Dean hasn't stripped him of the Captaincy, I can only assume its to play it down or to protect their asset.

Incidental to this I think the Manager and the Players (taking the lead from the Captain) should take pay cuts as a symbolic gesture to the Club (i.e. all the non playing employees) and the Community. Never has there been so few people on such privileged incomes and already financially secure and basically insulated from the this, when those that put money in their pockets are really suffering the hardship of this current predicament. That would at least show that they have hearts and empathise with those struggling. When a Nurse does a 12 hour shift with only a mask protecting them from infected patients earns less in a year than these guys do in 3 or 4 days its an embarrassment.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I am actually surprised that someone like Purslow or Dean hasn't stripped him of the Captaincy, I can only assume its to play it down or to protect their asset.

as its a huge negative for the club I think the best solution is to let is settle down and disappear rather than release more statements or publicly strip of the captaincy, could be a long time until football resumes and there could be bigger / worse headlines to come, if it happens (which it probably should) it will come on the quiet

also think deano and his staff aren't with the team at the moment so cant get a feel for it, its a big decision, strip him of it and give it to mings and then see no one in training for another month? that kind of thing is better done with them all around each other

I love how people say "take the captaincy off him" like the captaincy means a damn thing. They call heads or tails before a game and wear an armband. It means jack shit (no pun intended).

A leader is a leader whether they are "captain" or not.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

I love how people say "take the captaincy off him" like the captaincy means a damn thing. They call heads or tails before a game and wear an armband. It means jack shit (no pun intended).

It's actually not. The captain is a representation of the club or nation. They have a fair bit of duties in the dressing room and when it comes to community and public relations, press etc.

32 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Its symbolic. The Captain represents the face of the team/club on the pitch, its meant to be the person of authority and responsibility back to the players i.e. taking direction from the ref. For example all the players in the National team are exemplary in their position, and the highest accolade in football is being the Captain of the National Team.

Therefore stripping the captaincy has no monetary issue but its symbolic of the removal of the honour and responsibility bestowed on them. It shows the club has it finger on the pulse. It would and should hurt more than a fine.

3 hours ago, Mantis said:

Take the captaincy off him and give it to Mings.

I don't agree. I think it would be  counter-productive and would convince him to leave Villa. He probably feels like a right idiot now and needs the club to back him. 

Edited by PaulC

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think we should put jack in stocks and drive past Villa Park to throw rotten vegetables at him while shouting shame.

No. Stripping him of the captaincy and the fine will be a warranted punishment.

1 hour ago, R.Bear said:

yep its not like Cricket or even Rugby when the captain has much more influence over the team

On 01/04/2020 at 09:13, TheMelvillan said:

He was invited to a mates, went because he was bored. THIS WAS A BAD THING. No denying that. Then it is entirely feasible he went there , stayed up all night playing computer games, listening to music, or a million other things you can do hanging out with mates.

aTXCpP5bTr05.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, R.Bear said:

But a cabbage did get a manager sacked once. 

Â