The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Many things have been touched on on here and far more serious granted....but the one that gets me, is mixing with McCormack.I honestly thought he had more sense than that.

If he gone to a birds house and got a bit carried away, I would have cut him a tad more slack, but McCormack, you couldn't make it up.

It makes you wonder if he was set up.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

He’s been fined. Really he should probably be stripped of his captaincy. He’s not proven to be a good role model. 

Having said all that I think I was a bit harsh with my comments about him yesterday. A lot of these players know nothing but football. They haven’t had much of an education and are not really clued up how to conduct themselves in life. I know clubs to try to implement some sort of education for younger players but when you have to spend that much of your youth playing football other aspects of your character will always suffer.   Jack probably thought what he did wasn’t a big deal. Like many footballers he probably lacks a bit of awareness in how a person should conduct themselves. 

I personally think that’s one of the reasons why there are not many British Asians in the game. They would never be allowed to sacrifice study for the amount of football that needs to be played to have any chance of making it at a high level. That’s for another topic though. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Absolute moron who let's himself down yet again.

Take the captaincy off him. Embarrassed the club dragged his name through the mud and can probably kiss goodbye to a guaranteed England cap.

You sound like me

5 hours ago, briny_ear said:

If any of these more ludicrous "explanations" had any truth in them there would have been an instant denial so I think you could have quickly  twigged that we were viewing a real-time Dickens Heath drama.

Also, newspapers have legal teams who would have been asking these questions and not agreeing to publication unless satisfied about their authenticity.

Sure but it was on here well before the newspapers had it.

25 minutes ago, TRO said:

Many things have been touched on on here and far more serious granted....but the one that gets me, is mixing with McCormack.I honestly thought he had more sense than that.

If he gone to a birds house and got a bit carried away, I would have cut him a tad more slack, but McCormack, you couldn't make it up.

It makes you wonder if he was set up.

Set up to crash into parking cars ? I think not, he's a big man whose responsible for the choices he makes. He should have more sense than that, but sadly not, he even went and compounded the issue with that cringeworthy apology, whoever advised that, if someone did, they need shooting. What an insult to the public's intelligence. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

Set up to crash into parking cars ? I think not, he's a big man whose responsible for the choices he makes. He should have more sense than that, but sadly not, he even went and compounded the issue with that cringeworthy apology, whoever advised that, if someone did, they need shooting. What an insult to the public's intelligence. 

Not set up to crash his car, that would be pretty tricky to do....of course he has to take responsibility, thats the whole debate.

Set up to get him over to a flat by a guy who has nothing but contempt for the club....encourage him to be out of his head and let events take their course....thats what i am dubious about......lets all have a laugh at Jacks expense scenario.

I am speculating of course.

48 minutes ago, TRO said:

Not set up to crash his car, that would be pretty tricky to do....of course he has to take responsibility, thats the whole debate.

Set up to get him over to a flat by a guy who has nothing but contempt for the club....encourage him to be out of his head and let events take their course....thats what i am dubious about......lets all have a laugh at Jacks expense scenario.

I am speculating of course.

It is what it is, a simple, reckless ,selfish choice and the only person responsible for that is Jack, himself. No one forced him to make that choice, let's be real. 

• Like 2

On 31/03/2020 at 01:11, gurru991 said:

At 24 years old I personally was as dumb as a sack full of hammers so while not condoning Jacks behaviour, I can certainly understand it. A big bag of money & unlimited tail would have killed me at 24.

Me too. If it wasn't for the lack of money and minge I'd be a dead man.

• Haha 4

He’s been a clearing in the woods, no doubt, but considering he was practically crucified for being passed out on the floor 1 week into a 4 week holiday then the overreaction to this is hardly surprising.

28 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

He’s been a clearing in the woods, no doubt, but considering he was practically crucified for being passed out on the floor 1 week into a 4 week holiday then the overreaction to this is hardly surprising.

that was 5 years ago as well, I cant remember him doing anything foolish since then. Apparently the media and other club fans say this is another Jack Grealish scandal as if he is doing this every week or two

Let’s forgive and forget. He made a stupid mistake and he has to live with that. I think he needs to be told quite clearly by the club not to step out of line again and to keep clear of bad influences. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Let’s forgive and forget. He made a stupid mistake and he has to live with that. I think he needs to be told quite clearly by the club not to step out of line again and to keep clear of bad influences. 

My thoughts exactly.  We're making more of it than the media have really. 

1 hour ago, dubbs said:

Well we're Villa fans and he is (should be stripped IMO) the Villa captain, naturally it would/should be us making the most of it, as it's us (Aston Villa) it concerns most?

Haven't been on for a couple days (So forgive me if I'm echoeing other posts) but I want to repeat the question:

Could you picture McGinn (Same age) being so stupid?

It's obvious McGinn loves his drink, as I'm sure several other of our players do, the difference is not being thick enough to go about it in the manner Jack has.

Being aware of the responsibility you have, being a public figure and knowing media etc.

Realistically, being that loaded, you could have Wolf of Wall Street type sessions is private and no one would have to know about it.

OR do like the King of Thailand, who is currently self isolating with a Harem of 20 women ( 4 of which are his wives - True story ).

It's just quite careless and dissapointing, and yes, boredom might have some of us dwelling on it for longer than we should.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, dubbs said:

This was always going to be the case. Media have moved onto Spurs and the other clubs who are doing something worse than Jack did

9 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

At least fans took a break from the Dean Smith thread for a few days :)

Surprised certain posters didn't blame Smith for it, his coaching led to his bad driving 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

It is what it is, a simple, reckless ,selfish choice and the only person responsible for that is Jack, himself. No one forced him to make that choice, let's be real. 

yeah weak minded.

Â