The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

No, it wouldn't. I don't care about players from other teams in the same way as the best player on my team, possibly in my lifetime. 

If it had been my best mate would it have been the same? No, I don't care about Grealish in the same way as my best mate.

I don't think it's odd for people to care enough about some people to want to know the full facts before judging them and I don't think it's odd that there are people that people don't care enough about to want to know the full facts before judging them.

As I said earlier. I completely get the mate or someone you know thing. 

I don't get the footballer I like thing. And I'm repeating myself but I especially don't like it in the current climate. 

I don't get the he is good at football so he gets the benefit of the doubt. What's being good at football got to do with this?

Edited by DCJonah

11 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I don't think you had to crucify him straight away. But it was pretty obvious he'd done wrong. I mean you didn't have to be Sherlock Holmes to see it. 

And people only took that stance because it was jack grealish. As I explained above I don't get that. 

okay. If you don’t see why people might give more leeway to one of our best ever players, many peoples current favourite player and our current captain then I don’t know what else to say. 

Again if people were excusing his behaviour then I’d agree with you. But nobody is. 
Yes people were slower to jump to conclusions than they might have been with a different player. I don’t know why you don’t get that. People didn’t want it to be true. They wanted to give it every chance to be explained before the judged him. 

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

No, it wouldn't. I don't care about players from other teams in the same way as the best player on my team, possibly in my lifetime. 

If it had been my best mate would it have been the same? No, I don't care about Grealish in the same way as my best mate.

I don't think it's odd for people to care enough about some people to want to know the full facts before judging them and I don't think it's odd that there are people that people don't care enough about to want to know the full facts before judging them.

Exactly. I don’t really understand why there’s an issue with this. 

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

okay. If you don’t see why people might give more leeway to one of our best ever players, many peoples current favourite player and our current captain then I don’t know what else to say. 

Again if people were excusing his behaviour then I’d agree with you. But nobody is. 
Yes people were slower to jump to conclusions than they might have been with a different player. I don’t know why you don’t get that. People didn’t want it to be true. They wanted to give it every chance to be explained before the judged him. 

All that applies to me as well. Easily my favourite player of the last decade. As I said, you will find no real negative posts from me in this thread and I know I've defended him a lot in here at times when he was getting stick. 

Means **** all to me in this instance though. Straight away it was clear he was out during lockdown, that his car was damaged and that he looked a state in those pictures. That was enough to know he'd done wrong. Him being super Jack meant nothing to me at that point.  

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 2

Just now, DCJonah said:

All that applies to me as well. Easily my favourite player of the last decade. As I said, you will find no real negative posts from me in this thread and I know I've defended him a lot in here at times when he was getting stick. 

Means **** all to me in this instance though. Straight away it was clear he was out during lockdown, that his car was damaged and that he looked a state in those pictures. That was enough to know he'd done wrong. Him being super Jack meant nothing to me at that point.  

That’s fine. You were happy to jump to conclusions. Others preferred to wait for facts before doing the same. 

I’m not suggesting you were wrong to do what you did. I’m struggling to understand why you can’t comprehend that others didn’t do the same. 

You might have been happy to put all allegiances and bias aside. Others weren’t. It’s not that hard to understand. 

Just now, Stevo985 said:

That’s fine. You were happy to jump to conclusions. Others preferred to wait for facts before doing the same. 

I’m not suggesting you were wrong to do what you did. I’m struggling to understand why you can’t comprehend that others didn’t do the same. 

You might have been happy to put all allegiances and bias aside. Others weren’t. It’s not that hard to understand. 

That's fine. 

I don't get it. I really don't. Doesn't make much difference to it now. I was agreeing with @Keybladein that I too was quite shocked to see the importance people placed on football when it came to this sort of behaviour.  

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

That's fine. 

I don't get it. I really don't. Doesn't make much difference to it now. I was agreeing with @Keybladein that I too was quite shocked to see the importance people placed on football when it came to this sort of behaviour.  

What I think you’re doing is struggling to separate jumping to conclusions with actual facts. 

Nobody has placed enough importance on football to excuse Grealish. 

Some people did place enough importance on football to give him the benefit of the doubt until they knew the facts. 

Those are two very different things. And if anyone is doing the former then I totally agree with you. I wouldn’t get it either. 

But the latter is totally understandable. Even if you don’t do the same, I don’t understand why it’s coming as such a shock that people would be slower to jump to conclusions about Grealish than they would for a different player. 

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

To be honest its probably down to my current situation. Which I appreciate are not the same for others. But regardless it makes it difficult for me to see past it. 

My wife still goes to work every day for the NHS. I wish she had a job where she could be at home. 

As a teacher, the days I've been in work looking after 8 kids, down from the usual 400, I know they wish their parents had jobs where they could stay at home all day. 

I'm playing my part and not seeing people. Family members I see multiple times a week usually are now seen on a phone. 

I guess that's why I can't understand why being good at football gives him the benefit of the doubt when he breaks lockdown to go and piss about with mates.

And while everyone has a different experience everyone is aware of what's going on in the world right now. 

Edited by DCJonah

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I guess that's why I can't understand why being good at football gives him the benefit of the doubt when he breaks lockdown to go and piss about with mates  

But. It. Doesn’t. 

All it did was give him the benefit of the doubt until we KNEW that was what had happened. 

See my previous post. Nobody is using his status as an excuse for what he’s done. Merely as a reason to wait until we know what has happened before we judge him. 

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

But. It. Doesn’t. 

All it did was give him the benefit of the doubt until we KNEW that was what had happened. 

See my previous post. Nobody is using his status as an excuse for what he’s done. Merely as a reason to wait until we know what has happened before we judge him. 

But you knew what happened when the pictures surfaced. He was out and about. As said earlier you didn't need to be sherlock holmes to crack the case. 

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

But you knew what happened when the pictures surfaced. He was out and about. As said earlier you didn't need to be sherlock holmes to crack the case. 

Being out and about isn't that big a deal for me, like I said he's a dick for posting the hypocritical video, he's a massive dick for hanging about with McCormack 

But until the police say otherwise that's it for me

I'm not going to spend the rest of his tenure at villa bashing him with a drink driver stick unless he actually gets charged with drink driving 

8 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Not really. We knew it looked bad. I don’t think anyone said anything different. 

But there were posters who had decided it was a drink and drug fuelled rampage with cocaine all over the car and jack fleeing the scene. 

People wanted to know the facts before they judged him. That’s it. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Not really. We knew it looked bad. I don’t think anyone said anything different. 

But there were posters who had decided it was a drink and drug fuelled rampage with cocaine all over the car and jack fleeing the scene. 

People wanted to know the facts before they judged him. That’s it. 

Drink driving and drugs. Absolutely. Even though I still think it's likely drinking was involved. 

But there was a picture of him out, with an ex professional player, next to his damaged car wearing one flip flop and one ugg slipper. It was instantly clear that he'd done wrong. There was nothing to wait for. There was absolutely no chance this was an essential reason for being out the house.

I guess as @villa4europesays above, its down to how people take breaking the lockdown. For me it's a piss take and a spit in the face of the people he claimed to be supporting in his tweet only hours earlier. 

Edited by DCJonah

48 minutes ago, Troglodyte said:

I think the worst thing to come out of this situation is the endless sanctimony.

It's as if you have nothing better to do with your time...

Drs and nurses, dealing with this hell, have pleaded with people to stay indoors. 

**** too right I'm going to be sanctimonious towards multi millionaire celebrities who can't be arsed to do it. 

2 hours ago, spiezels said:

“Somebody else’s problem” do me a favour mate, he single handedly got us promoted.

The lad deserves some credit. People make mistakes. I know I have, they just don’t get plastered all over the newspapers. 

People need to calm the **** down.  

McGrath is God, he made plenty of mistakes.

Can't believe the blowjob Jack's getting because he's a good player. Need to grow up lads. 

Is McCormack really living in Dickens Heath? That surely is blillux.  He has no attachment to this area other than a short stint with us.  Why would he still be living round here? I would have thought he'd be back in that there London or Scottish land by now? 

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Is McCormack really living in Dickens Heath? That surely is blillux.  He has no attachment to this area other than a short stint with us.  Why would he still be living round here? I would have thought he'd be back in that there London or Scottish land by now? 

Clearly he doesn’t want to be too far away from his best mate Grealish.

He might just be using that apartment as a overnight flat while partying in Brum over the weekend.

Sure he owns more than just 1 property. Gotta invest that £55k/week somewhere.

• Like 1

Â