The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

13 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Because people are desperate to play it down because he plays for us. I find that ridiculous. 

I said it's not a huge leap to suggest drink was involved. Not sure how that displays desperation. 

Not desperate to be right. As I've said multiple times its more about this childish obsession with dismissing these sorts of acts because he's our captain. I don't think he deserves that. I think it's a sad part of society that people like him get that where others don't. He's done a shitty thing and should be called out on it. 

Yeah thanks for your congratulations. Like I said, I had you down as better. 

You had me down as being annoyed someone was proud to be right about something like this?

sorry about that. 

the amount of people liking my posts or replying with similar would suggest I wasn’t the only one annoyed by your posts. 

anyway I’ll leave it now. Just venting

edit: also I don’t understand why you can’t see the difference between villa fans WANTING this not to be true, and you seemingly wanting it to be true. 
Nobody is defending what he’s done. Plenty of people didn’t want it to be true and wanted to wait until facts came out before crucifying him. I don’t understand why you have such a problem with that. 

Edited by Stevo985

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I dont think anybody is backing him well not on here, I think people are defending against the alleged drink driving and drug allegations

I’ve not read thread but I guess it depends what you mean by “ backing” him.

Hes wrongly broke the Lockdown Rules and Club Rules and will rightly be punished. I’m not sure agreeing that that is appropriate is not backing him.

As a player I’m backing him as much as I ever did. 

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

And the people I was responding to were not. 

They were suggesting he was on his way to a training session. That he might not have been driving. That his car may have been stolen. That it was all a rumour started by a bluenose.

The clue is “might”. 

Stevo is bang on, but each to their own. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

or because crucially there is no proof at this stage 

That's exactly what I was trying to say earlier and I got accused of not criticising him purely because he plays for the club I support. I prefer to wait for evidence before accusing someone of something illegal. Accusing someone falsely of drink driving or drug abuse is slanderous.

• Like 2

Right well I now have read some of the thread .....goodness me !!

I genuinely hadn’t realised how outraged some are/ were.

I confess to not being. Bloke does bad thing, get him punished and carry on. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Shock

You’re right - probably not entirely shocking you’ve gone for the internet points victory. 

I do regret getting involved in your posts again :) 

Edited by bobzy

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

You had me down as being annoyed someone was proud to be right about something like this?

sorry about that. 

the amount of people liking my posts or replying with similar would suggest I wasn’t the only one annoyed by your posts. 

anyway I’ll leave it now. Just venting

edit: also I don’t understand why you can’t see the difference between villa fans WANTING this not to be true, and you seemingly wanting it to be true. 
Nobody is defending what he’s done. Plenty of people didn’t want it to be true and wanted to wait until facts came out before crucifying him. I don’t understand why you have such a problem with that. 

Haha the 4 people I've argued with on here and Alex Bruce. Oh well I can live with that. 

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

You’re right - probably not entirely shocking you’ve got for the internet points victory. 

I do regret getting involved in your posts again :) 

Haha yeah I'm sure you do. You only kept responding to posts not aimed at you mulitple times. 

7 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Right well I now have read some of the thread .....goodness me !!

I genuinely hadn’t realised how outraged some are/ were.

I confess to not being. Bloke does bad thing, get him punished and carry on. 

I think if he'd done this 6 months ago the response would be different. 

It's a different world right now though. 

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

So I wouldn't accuse him, even though I think it's likely.

But theres enough there that I wouldn't jump to his defence. 

Most people were saying it looks bad but let's wait for the facts rather than rely on hearsay. That is very different to rushing to his defence.

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

At the time of the crash obvs

So if he was drunk, and if he was in charge of the car, and if he doesn’t get prosecuted, he’s got away with it.

Yes I guess so.

Seems an odd train of thought to me.

Â