The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, Farlz said:

There's just such a lack of common sense from him, he really is quite an idiot. How do you post a video asking people to stay inside only to then accept an invite round a friends house?

Like **** hell Jack use that thing inside your skull, thought he was past this stuff. 

Particularly if it is **** Ross McCormack! Has this boy no sense of judgement whatsoever?

• Like 1

Just now, briny_ear said:

Particularly if it is **** Ross McCormack! Has this boy no sense of judgement whatsoever?

I could ****ing shake Jack if I got hold of him.

Site is crashing but the statement is slightly stronger than I imagined. Still, not sure it will be sufficient in the long run. The club need to hold some intervention or something. 

Edited by The_Steve

Aston Villa is deeply disappointed that one of our players ignored the Government’s guidance on staying at home during the Coronavirus crisis. 

Club Captain Jack Grealish has accepted that his decision to leave his house was wrong and entirely unnecessary. It breached the government guidelines which are clear and should be adhered to by everybody. 

The player will be disciplined and fined with the proceeds donated to The University Hospitals Charity in Birmingham.

Just now, briny_ear said:

Seems not but maybe making a right tit of himself and landing himself in the papers for the wrong reasons might straighten him out 

At the least you would expect family and friends to advise him against hanging around with someone like Ross again 

He has issued an apology to start with and I'm sure the club will make a statement soon also

36 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

So you don't think he should be criticised for being with friends when most of society is staying at home for the health of others and to help the NHS? Why? Because he plays for the team you support? 

Now he's admitted he was out seeing friends, criticise away. He deserves it. But I would not defend him based on the team I support. As I said earlier in the thread today...

5 hours ago, Okonokos said:

Same. The only thing I miss about football is playing it. I can honestly say I haven't missed watching football in the slightest. Things like this won't exactly help me want it back any time soon. More important things.

I really couldn't care less about football right now. This issue is nothing to do with football. I just wanted to wait until the facts emerged rather than relying on Twitter and the Scum.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

As someone who has done one or two stupid things in life, I think you have to have a little empathy with the players position. He looks like he hasn't slept since yesterday and that he's cried his eyes out - he'll know more than anyone that he's been an idiot, that he's let himself and the club and all of us and all the kids that idolise him down, he'll know what that means for him and he'll know what a knob he'll look because of that - and he'll only be able to blame himself for it. That ain't a good place to be and it takes a little courage to come out and speak on it, directly, rather than through a press officer. 

I'm happy to call him whatever we want to call him, depending on what it transpires he's done, but I'm not going to put an extra kick into a 24 year old who's telling us how embarrassed he is and wearing the weight of his own foolishness on his shoulders.

He's been a wazzock. His face says he knows it.

He’s embarrassed because he got caught, he wouldn’t be feeling embarrassed if he hadn’t crashed his car outside and been labelled as an idiot on the front of the red tops.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As someone who has done one or two stupid things in life, I think you have to have a little empathy with the players position. He looks like he hasn't slept since yesterday and that he's cried his eyes out - he'll know more than anyone that he's been an idiot, that he's let himself and the club and all of us and all the kids that idolise him down, he'll know what that means for him and he'll know what a knob he'll look because of that - and he'll only be able to blame himself for it. That ain't a good place to be and it takes a little courage to come out and speak on it, directly, rather than through a press officer. 

I'm happy to call him whatever we want to call him, depending on what it transpires he's done, but I'm not going to put an extra kick into a 24 year old who's telling us how embarrassed he is and wearing the weight of his own foolishness on his shoulders.

Sorry mate. But this is probably why he keeps doing stuff like this. 

In this current climate this isn't just a lad doing something silly. It's taking the piss and its spitting in the face of everyone making personal sacrifices and especially those working on the frontline. 

He's disgraced himself and he should feel bad. 

• Like 1

I go along with this ..and with no football in near future this is going to be talked about for a while.

Â