The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

the fact that it's during a national lockdown that's the most concerning and upsetting.

it's the attitudes of some on here (not quoting individuals) that is why the virus will continue to spread. him being out and about in itself should cause outrage on here, but there are many 'reserving judgement' because breaking lock down rules just isn't that big a deal to a lot of folks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

that's why the police were called 2 hours after the crash too

and why the police said they would speak to him in due course

So it's his car but the legal case that is preventing him from truthfully denying all allegations is not focused on him? Right. 

Just now, tomav84 said:

the fact that it's during a national lockdown that's the most concerning and upsetting.

it's the attitudes of some on here (not quoting individuals) that is why the virus will continue to spread. him being out and about in itself should cause outrage on here, but there are many 'reserving judgement' because breaking lock down rules just isn't that big a deal to a lot of folks

No I think it's worse than that. I don't think it's a big deal because he's our captain and plays for our team. 

Would the same people show the same attitude if Craig Gardner had been in this position?

22 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I was actually wondering if he "Let one of the boys have a spin in the range" and said "boy" completely f*cked up.

Blown the cover of him being out and everything else etc.

In my view that would be best case scenario.

However the fact that nothing has come out from his camo or the club... Doesn't make it seem that straight forward.

Signs are pointing to there being alot more to it.

The truth is usually pretty quick to tell, fabrication takes a little longer.

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

Not if he wasn't the driver ;)

So why not release a statement denying the story and telling us he is assisting in a police investigation? 

It would quick and easy to do and put an end to it all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Well we don't have to assume some things. 

We now he was out during a lockdown. We know he was with friends. We know his car was damaged. We know he left it there with the window open and hasn't returned. We know he's on the front page of the sun and we know he hasn't come out to deny a thing. 

I mean we can ignore all that because he's our captain, but really why? 

Because nothing official has been said yet, that's why. There may be an explanation for all of those things that makes sense. There's a lot of hearsay and gossip going around but until we hear officially what has happened, then I don't think it's fair to criticise. If it turns out that it is the worst case scenario, by all means he should be criticised, fined, banned etc, captain or not. But not until then.

Just now, Okonokos said:

Because nothing official has been said yet, that's why. There may be an explanation for all of those things that makes sense. There's a lot of hearsay and gossip going around but until we hear officially what has happened, then I don't think it's fair to criticise. If it turns out that it is the worst case scenario, by all means he should be criticised, fined, banned etc, captain or not. But not until then.

So you don't think he should be criticised for being with friends when most of society is staying at home for the health of others and to help the NHS? Why? Because he plays for the team you support? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Driving around and hanging out with mates during a national lockdown, having issued a video earlier asking people to stay at home, best case. 

I imagine it's worse than just that though.

FTFY

• Thanks 1

Just now, The_Steve said:

“Jack, alarmed at Ross’s broken gate was willing to break the coronavirus lockdown and help out a mate. He, at the break of dawn, awoke with a feverish to determination to solve this problem outsourced another friend to assist, advising him to bring a pair of slippers to help Jack clear the gate. Unfortunately, what transpired was that this reliable friend was confused by the hastily written WhatsApp message and brought both sliders and slippers. Jack both confused and perplexed offered to wear both to ensure nobody felt embarrassed. The car damage was merely a product of Jack looking out for a mate. It was brought over along with his bag of tools to fix the gate. Was there damage to other cars? Yes. But that is a matter for the police to decide. Gate related accidents are the number one cause of players missing training. This was not a party but a collective effort to bridge a gap, help a friend bridge a gap. Jack is the still our captain and will lead the side into the next season. We will make no further comment.”

C550265B-7EAF-45B5-BCF8-B0A14C3F1BFC.jpeg

Worrying thing is I think theres a few in here that will jump on that. 

My captain. 

Just now, TRO said:

spot on.

I'm bored staying in.....we are all bored staying in.....we are dealing with life an death here.

This lockdown is to save lives, not just to piss folk off, with a low threshold of self discipline.

It's not just boredom. 

I'm watching my mom wipe tears from her eyes when she video calls my kids. She lives 2 minutes from my house. 

I don't go round because it's the right thing to do. 

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Haha

Quite likely given his car was damaged and its what current eye witness reports in the press say. 

So the behaviour that people would be excusing is “quite likely” driving and possibly seeing his mates?

My concern is that the club will put out a weak statement and this will just damage the situation further. Action is required. This is a no-win situation and with a record number of deaths in a single day, nothing absolves anyone, including Jack who broke the lockdown. 

Just now, bobzy said:

So the behaviour that people would be excusing is “quite likely” driving and possibly seeing his mates?

Best case. Yes. 

Which would be a real shitty thing to do in the current climate. I get it, you don't care, it's a shame but a lot of people do. Like I said most of society are making sacrifices right now. 

I'd also be amazed if it turned out that's all it was. 

41 minutes ago, Londonastonvilla said:

Thing that worries me most about this ..Jack hanging around with McCormack what was he thinking?

you would think he wouldn't touch him with a ten foot barge pole.

a real lack of judgment there.

Just now, DCJonah said:

Best case. Yes. 

Which would be a real shitty thing to do in the current climate. I get it, you don't care, it's a shame but a lot of people do. Like I said most of society are making sacrifices right now. 

I'd also be amazed if it turned out that's all it was. 

Oh, same. But let’s not jump to conclusions. 

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

So you don't think he should be criticised for being with friends when most of society is staying at home for the health of others and to help the NHS? Why? Because he plays for the team you support? 

No, I absolutely think he should be criticised for that. It's idiotic, irresponsible and dangerous, if that is what he's done. But do we know that's what he was doing for sure? All I'm saying is let's wait and see what is said because before an official statement is made everything is just hearsay and some of the stuff out there is potentially slanderous if its proven to not be true. That is all I'm saying. It doesn't look good, but I will wait until the full story comes out.

Â