The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Kinda feel for him, this was his breakout year. If all went to plan he would've tore it up at the Euros. Reminds me of when Benteke got injured before WC 2014 except, Jack is way better and actually would've made a huge impact on the tournament I'm sure.

4 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Kinda feel for him, this was his breakout year. If all went to plan he would've tore it up at the Euros. Reminds me of when Benteke got injured before WC 2014 except, Jack is way better and actually would've made a huge impact on the tournament I'm sure.

He could have had the best year of any player in history, they still won’t be playing the Euros this summer...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

How much do we realistically think we can get from a Grealish sale in the summer?

In the current situation, nothing can be measured.

The whole world is in a big mess, that's leading to a big financial crises. Football leagues are almost cancelled. Nothing to plan properly at. Not sure if there will be enough funds out there. I'm not even sure that the whole prices inflation are going as it is.

I think we would have easily got 80m (possibly more) if we stayed up in a normal season.

But for now, we'll not know wether we're in the league or not apart from cancelling the season (most likely a postponed for the next 2-3 weeks). After that if it completes then that's another 10 games. But I don't think that's a likely scenario.

I think the season will be cancelled. Most likely we'll stay up, then I think we'll keep Grealish as with the whole mess I don't think any team would afford to get him or even bother to gamble. We don't even know how next season will begin or when. It will all be known during summer.

The whole virus issues can't be planned. Hopefully things get better as soon as possible.

If we stayed up by any chance, I think the club can keep Jack a way or another. Especially with the current circumstances.

• Like 2

Virus aside and if game do go ahead, I was hoping that the return of John McGinn would give Jack a much needed boost.  One player alone can't carry this team, not even one as talented as Jack.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

How much do we realistically think we can get from a Grealish sale in the summer?

I would guess anywhere from 45-100m depending on many factors.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

If the league is voided he stays for another season chill my Villa brothers.

If this league does end up voided it'll be interesting to see what happens regarding prize money, lost revenue from unplayed games etc. Considering FFP is such a big thing, there would surely be some allowance for this. I wonder how it would effect our spending ability, considering we need multiple quality additions to the squad to help Jack if he does stay.

4 hours ago, RichiBoi11 said:

If this league does end up voided it'll be interesting to see what happens regarding prize money, lost revenue from unplayed games etc. Considering FFP is such a big thing, there would surely be some allowance for this. I wonder how it would effect our spending ability, considering we need multiple quality additions to the squad to help Jack if he does stay.

I think they will allow some losses, we won’t be as bad as we could if we were down. All inflations will be more realistic. We’re one of the less clubs in terms of wage bills. Add to that, that we could suddenly play in Europe as the runners up for the only played competition.

1 hour ago, djdabush said:

Realistically we might not see Jack in a Villa shirt again. A poor performance in a dismal game against Leicester was not how I envisaged it ending.

This is very true and I hadn’t actually thought of it that way... if they void the season and he goes this summer then fair to say at this point he got us promoted and kept us up almost single handed...

1 hour ago, djdabush said:

Realistically we might not see Jack in a Villa shirt again. A poor performance in a dismal game against Leicester was not how I envisaged it ending.

to be fair it beats him crying on the pitch waving goodbye as we prepare for the championship...

• Like 1

Don’t get me wrong, I think he’s a very talented player and he is very good looking but I’ve just watched a 7 minute video of him on YouTube and he touched the ball once with his left foot, it was a goal against Norwich City. Primarily, he plays on the left side of midfield, I think that is his best position, when he is given a free role with almost no defensive responsibility. For me, really great players can use both feet. Whatever happens, whether we stay up or go down, I think he’s gone this Summer. He will go with my blessing but no player is bigger than the club

On 16/03/2020 at 05:48, sir_gary_cahill said:

For me, really great players can use both feet

The screamer v Burnley was left foot wasn't it? He's not as two footed as Sid, but he's pretty decent with his left.

• Like 1

If this season gets voided and we can somehow keep Grealish, it would probably be the best season we have had for the last 10-20 years..... :)

lucky wouldnt even cover it, I think we would have used up a centuries worth of wishes and good luck in one go...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MaVilla said:

If this season gets voided and we can somehow keep Grealish, it would probably be the best season we have had for the last 10-20 years..... :)

lucky wouldnt even cover it, I think we would have used up a centuries worth of wishes and good luck in one go...

There's a chance we might be in the Europa League too, the Blosers would actually be right that we're jammy as hell :lol:

Â