The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, leighavfc said:

Yeah I've heard it's pretty much been done for weeks now. Would explain him being at the game the other day. Gutted its them t***s to be honest... another of our best players leaving for manchester 😩

It’s our club and mentality in general, aspirations are always “where we belong” or “a top side”. 
Wtf is that? 

If I was a multi billionaire I’d buy us and my goal would be simple to be the biggest club in the world, I’d want their best players and I’d see how they like it. Too many small minded idiots have ran our club in the last 30-40 years

Definitely going.  You can see in his body language.  Ever since the winter break with all the press coverage day after day.

Plus the utd tweet and the tweet above. Though it's not on his page so maybe he has taken it down.

Theres no smoke without fire.  I dont blame him.  Keep him and we might be ok in the championship...without him...it will be years before we are back.

7 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

It’s our club and mentality in general, aspirations are always “where we belong” or “a top side”. 
Wtf is that? 

If I was a multi billionaire I’d buy us and my goal would be simple to be the biggest club in the world, I’d want their best players and I’d see how they like it. Too many small minded idiots have ran our club in the last 30-40 years

Oh right, simple as that. I suppose as you're a 'Fairy' you've got a magic wand to wave and make it all magically work. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Oh right, simple as that. I suppose as you're a 'Fairy' you've got a magic wand to wave and make it all magically work. 

No not simple but mindset is a big thing. We’re talking hypothetically on a forum, what do you want a business plan? 

Edited by Fairy In Boots

Talk on Alan Brazil this morning of Manchester United bringing in Bellingham and Jack for £100m. They must be thinking they will get Bellingham on a free then, because they would get no change from £100m for Jack. If he does go and I still hope he will be playing in the PL with us next season, then I trust we will get his true worth and that he won't be joining them. 

10 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

No not simple but mindset is a big thing. We’re talking hypothetically on a forum, what do you want a business plan? 

You're talking about these things like they're trivial details. They're not - they take a hell of a lot of work and planning to accomplish and they're not done overnight. 

Please, explain how you'd change the mindset/mentality at the club.  

His worst performance for a very long time last night, not sure if he is fully fit or if he has had his head turned but he hasn't performed to the incredibly high standards that he has set himself probably since Watford at home 6 matches ago.

If he is fit then 100% he plays, any people suggesting otherwise are crazy 😀

Just now, WakefieldVillan said:

His worst performance for a very long time last night, not sure if he is fully fit or if he has had his head turned but he hasn't performed to the incredibly high standards that he has set himself probably since Watford at home 6 matches ago.

If he is fit then 100% he plays, any people suggesting otherwise are crazy 😀

Not if he isnt bothered because he knows he is off - might as well give one of the lads that will be with us next year some games - we're down anyway. 

There has got to be a release clause of 70 million is my guess... why would two billionaire owners sell their star asset for below market value or the going rate? Something is not right somewhere from what the club have told us or the papers are getting it wrong. Bellingham widely reported to be going for 30 million.. 

30 minutes ago, John said:

Talk on Alan Brazil this morning of Manchester United bringing in Bellingham and Jack for £100m. They must be thinking they will get Bellingham on a free then, because they would get no change from £100m for Jack. If he does go and I still hope he will be playing in the PL with us next season, then I trust we will get his true worth and that he won't be joining them. 

We go down and I think he will leave for around 50 million.  

• Sad 1

I just can't see Jack giving up on us, whatever he may have lined up for the future. Granted he may just be exhausted for carrying the team for too long, but I honestly think there's something else not right at Villa. The manager simply has to reignite the spirit or be gone.

• Like 1

Just hope we are not suckered into a deal that entails them winning the CL or Grealish winning the Ballon d'Or for us to get the money we are owed.

Would be a shame to see him end up at Manure instead of at a club with great manager and coaches who could push him to see just how high his ceiling is. He will never become one of the greats under OGS and Manure.

• Like 1

I really don't care if JG leaves or not.  I only care about those who play for us at any given time.  The cash we get for him will move the club forward (if spent wisely with the right manager at the helm)!

JG is a very good player, but he's nowhere near 'world class' as some are suggesting on here.  The fact that we rely on him so much weakens our team in many ways making others around lazy and complacent imo. In other words we have become a one man team  rather than a team who 'work for each other' as it should  be!

I think we will be fine when he moves on.  We have lost far better players than Greallish in my 62 years watching the Villa. We will come back stronger and better as there is no 'I' in team!

Heads up and UTV

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

Just hope we are not suckered into a deal that entails them winning the CL or Grealish winning the Ballon d'Or for us to get the money we are owed.

Would be a shame to see him end up at Manure instead of at a club with great manager and coaches who could push him to see just how high his ceiling is. He will never become one of the greats under OGS and Manure.

If he leaves, I honestly don't care where he ends up. The only thing I'd be bothered about would be getting the best possible deal and most amount of money we can.

1 hour ago, Fairy In Boots said:

150k p/w 5 year deal on the table from United, Southgate has told him to move to nail down an England place, as he spends too long defending to truly develop as an attacking midfielder. 
it’s sold to him and his family as it’s guaranteed £39m, Get a bad injury and his career could be over tomorrow. 

He’s gone regardless of whether we stay up or not. 

Villa sitting on their hands regarding a contract because of the threat of relegation. Stay up match money it’s 50/50

Been principally agreed 3-4 weeks.

How do you know this?

1 hour ago, John said:

If we go down they'll have about £40m change after they buy Jack if £100m is their budget

• Sad 1

Wtf is that? 

Unfortunately “mindset” isn’t a mitigating factor for FFP.

• Like 1

You sound like Tony Xia. That worked out well :) 

Â