The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Well he tried his best but 1 player can't keep us up on his own. Completely ineffective tonight but when we don't have the ball for more than 30 seconds or then just whack it long for no reason what does anyone expect. 

I only saw the first half, but everything he tried he failed at. He couldn`t beat a man to save his life. As someone else pointed out, he`s not been up to his own standards since the Spurs game. Maybe try him on the bench against the best teams, and save him more for the games we could have a chance on paper to get points. If his form doesn`t improve he isn`t doing himself or the team any favours

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't think blaming or criticising the only genuine top class player we have is the way to go is it lads? Even if he is in a relative slump he's the only reason we're even in with a chance of survival.

Be careful what you wish for.

• Like 3

I suspect he knows he's off, and that together with the frustration of struggling in a team where he's far and away the most talented player has added to his belief going.

I suspect a few in the camp know he's gone as well.

2 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I suspect he knows he's off, and that together with the frustration of struggling in a team where he's far and away the most talented player has added to his belief going.

I suspect a few in the camp know he's gone as well.

This. 

And I don't blame him one bit. 

His mind was made up a very long time ago, he pretty much confirmed it when he favourited that United tweet and quickly tried to backtrack. I think he is good at this level but that’s it. It’s not a criticism either. Sometimes you just need good players to complement great ones (Thinking United). 

It looks to me like Grealish is wearing the look of a man who realises the game is up. He knows we’re done. Who could blame him for beginning to think about where he’ll be playing next season? He’s done all he can, we look like falling well short. London or Manchester next? 

I think he’s just, finally, showing the strain of having carried the Club, all of us, on his back out of the Championship and into the Premier League. 
What an enormous physical and emotional effort it’s been. Unlike anything I’ve seen before - like Beckham against Greece but for game after game after game.

I just hope he finds something from somewhere, or that McGinn coming back gives him a boost.

As we all know, we rely on Jack to come up with the goods far too much. If he has a crap game or is completely marked out the game then we are toothless going forward. Hes not played well for a few games now and that's probably not his fault as teams know if they shut him down then you pretty much shut the whole Villa threat down. I'm gutted really the first time in years we have an absolute player on our hands and we cant get the rest of it right around him and give ourselves a chance. 

He will go with all our blessings I'm sure, writing has been on the wall for months now. He has been getting increasingly frustrated with his team mates and started throwing his arms around etc. McGinn coming back will take some pressure off him but then we are asking McGinn to come back firing on all cylinders which who knows how that's going to go. Last night he was a non entity because of being doubled up by Ricardo and Albrighton. This means either Luiz or Conor needed to have stepped up and filled the gap left, neither of them are good enough to do this. Probably a different story with a fully fit McGinn as he would have bust a gut to pick up the ball in there.

Gutted, it will be such a sad day when he goes and I probably will never be able to watch him play in another shirt... it will hurt too much. I wish him all the best but again cant say I want him to do well for anybody else once he leaves. That's not his fault but that's the way I feel, same with Yorke and the rest of our best players who have left. We had a really rare thing with him and Deano being Villa fans. 

He wont stay even if we stay up, who can blame him either....at the very least we will get 60/70 million for him. Question is what the hell are we going to do with that money.... I dread to think after how some of the signings have panned out this season..

Edited by leighavfc

8 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Already got one foot in the door at carrington

Na , Man city. Just hope he can get in the Euro squad and we don't sell him out of incompetence before he does. 

150k p/w 5 year deal on the table from United, Southgate has told him to move to nail down an England place, as he spends too long defending to truly develop as an attacking midfielder. 
it’s sold to him and his family as it’s guaranteed £39m, Get a bad injury and his career could be over tomorrow. 

He’s gone regardless of whether we stay up or not. 

Villa sitting on their hands regarding a contract because of the threat of relegation. Stay up match money it’s 50/50

Been principally agreed 3-4 weeks.

26 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

150k p/w 5 year deal on the table from United, Southgate has told him to move to nail down an England place, as he spends too long defending to truly develop as an attacking midfielder. 
it’s sold to him and his family as it’s guaranteed £39m, Get a bad injury and his career could be over tomorrow. 

He’s gone regardless of whether we stay up or not. 

Villa sitting on their hands regarding a contract because of the threat of relegation. Stay up match money it’s 50/50

Been principally agreed 3-4 weeks.

Yeah I've heard it's pretty much been done for weeks now. Would explain him being at the game the other day. Gutted its them t***s to be honest... another of our best players leaving for manchester 😩

Â