The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Felt sorry for him. We couldn't get him in the game. 

Look at all the plaudits foden is getting. Imagine how good this kid would be in a team that has so much of the ball and quality around him. 

He's gone what ever happens this season. Support is one thing but why waste another year of your prime with this squad?

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Look at all the plaudits foden is getting. Imagine how good this kid would be in a team that has so much of the ball and quality around him. 

He's gone what ever happens this season. Support is one thing but why waste another year of your prime with this squad?

I think if we stay up and he earns an English squad spot this spring/summer, he might stay. If he does leave, I certainly can’t fault him for chasing the Champions League and international football during his prime years. He’s Villa through and through, and playing for another squad won’t change that.
If he leaves, I’d like to see him leave England and go to a top side in the Bundesliga, La Liga, or Serie A. He’s my favorite ever Villa player, and it would be weird to be forced to cheer against him. I’d rather him go to a team that doesn’t play Villa so I can support Jack and Villa without any conflict of interest.

• Like 1

Tough game for Jack because he couldnt get on the ball much due to being dragged out of position into ineffective areas. City did well to keep him quiet although he didnt look 100% to be fair. Hope he's not inured anyway! Thought we battled hard regardless which is encouraging. If we can play like that for our remaining games we'll have a chance! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Looked at the end like he knew this was his last chance to lift a trophy for villa. Deffo gone

He’s a legend regardless of whether he stays or goes. A pleasure to watch play. 

My favourite ever villa player. A magician of a player. Merson/Barry/Cowans/Laursen etc. He’s better than all of them. I’ve played the game at a good level and I can’t make time stand still like he does. How does he do that? In an era where football is a science (sigh), this kid is MichaelAngelo. De Bruyne/D Silva aside, there wasn’t a player on that pitch today with as much talent as Grealish. 

Stop arguing whether he is coming or going and just enjoy the fact that you were there. Christ, can you imagine this kid playing for Liverpool or Man City. 

F****** love him. He is what we’ve all ever wanted to be. 

Edited by Delphinho123
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Looked at the end like he knew this was his last chance to lift a trophy for villa. Deffo gone

I mean I think he’ll go this summer but he was/is always going to look really sad after losing a cup final - I wouldn’t place anything on that as part of the analysis of him staying or not.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He’s a legend regardless of whether he stays or goes. A pleasure to watch play. 

My favourite ever villa player. A magician of a player. 

An Ode To JG. 

Agreed with all this. He’s a class act.

7 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I'm not convinced Jack is any better in the ACM role over LW.

Depends on the opposition.

Poor teams he's much better off in a free role in the middle behind the striker. He can float around, go wide and do what he does best and take it to the opposition. 

Against better teams maybe we are better off with him on the left, giving us an out ball when we are hemmed in our own half and he can be dropping deep to slow the game down. The downside is he wants to float, so he goes Central, but leaves a gap for his fullback with less cover. But his 'worst' games have been when he's been solidly out on the left, providing cover and dropping deep but means he can't be as effective as he wants to be. 

I think he should be played centrally and allowed to float around in all games, go wide go narrow just get him on the ball and hope he finds a formula that works. Having the wingers provide the cover. He'll have games like today but he'll have more games where he comes out on top than not. Sticking him isolated on the left won't get the best out of him in most games so may as well give him the chance

One it's a complete waste playing him in central midfield, it's since moving to the left wing that he's started adding goals and more assists to his game and has won widespread acclaim for his performances and is now generally regarded as one of the very best players in the division, and two whilst Grealish might not be a bad player as a CM we ourselves are not good enough to play with a player like him there, in fact I don't think any other team in the division would play with Grealish as a central-midfielder, as he and players of his sort are too much of a luxury to be playing in that position, only way I think it could work is we were playing three other central midfielders and him in front of them in a sort of diamond shape, but I really don't get the fascination with moving him from the left-wing when he's developed into one of the best players in the league playing there and is our one decent and consistent attacking player, the last thing we need is to lose that by dropping him deeper.

Edited by useless
And so say all of us

The "foden is better and should go to the euros" stuff was painfully obvious

City planned for him and kept him quiet, its what good teams do vs us

FWIW I think that's why deano shifted him centre too, knowing city would plan for him on the left, tried to mess that up, didn't work, could get him involved 

Edited by villa4europe

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The "foden is better and should go to the euros" stuff was painfully obvious

City planned for him and kept him quiet, its what good teams do vs us

FWIW I think that's why deano shifted him centre too, knowing city would plan for him on the left, tried to mess that up, didn't work, could get him involved 

I don't get this (the bolded bit).

Foden was given the freedom of the right hand side since Targett played narrow to support Mings and Engels against City's movement in the centre.

Jack in that much space wouldn't have been as good as Foden in my opinion.....

... he would have been even more effective.

Grealish isn’t a central midfielder for me, he hasn’t got the stature. He is far more effective as an inside forward with license to roam and no defensive responsibility. He has shown that he is capable of brilliance this season but he had an off day yesterday. Foden completely outshone him yesterday, Foden was the best player on the pitch for me. If you ask Grealish to do defensive work like we did yesterday, it stops him from flourishing offensively 

9 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I'm not convinced Jack is any better in the ACM role over LW.

Alot of people crying for him to be in the middle, don't realise this is the issue we had earlier in the season.

We couldn't get him in the game and it made him less effective, hence why we shifted him wider!

My problem is when he is in the middle he tends to end up very deep, or get crowded out.

With a better nidfield we would have the luxury of him staying advanced right behind Samatta in the middle.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Â