The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

9 hours ago, The Hawk said:

Am I the only one who’s not fussed where he goes? He’s either playing for us or he isn’t. 

Whilst I think he can play at the very top, if his choice is United then I dont begrudge him that, he’s earnt the right to go where he chooses in my book.

yes because in some sort of sick hard to explain way I get very little enjoyment from the PL and most weekends from villa

I hope he goes somewhere abroad to a team that's successful and he's successful so he can make a nice little exciting side chick, watching him play for Dortmund might bring some joy back in to football

said exactly the same when benteke was leaving us, he joined Liverpool, I've never watched him since, not interested

• Like 2

11 hours ago, The Hawk said:

Am I the only one who’s not fussed where he goes? He’s either playing for us or he isn’t. 

Whilst I think he can play at the very top, if his choice is United then I dont begrudge him that, he’s earnt the right to go where he chooses in my book.

he's the best player i've seen in a villa shirt (i'm 36). with better players, and less reliance on him i really think we could get into europe and push on further. he will be an england legend in my opinion. so yes, seeing him play for another premiership team would be gutting. and i really hope it's not man u. they're nothing like the team that was dominating the league when i was growing up. they're a joke now. i'd actually like to see him playing for barca. imagine he and messi linking up before he passes the baton on to jack? not saying jack will be anywhere near as good as messi, but they're similar in terms of style

on the flip side, it's getting embarrassing watching us give the ball to jack every single time we cross the half way line. we have zero other ideas aside give the ball to him...so would be nice to actually mix it up a bit

• Like 3

14 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I really hope he stays whatever happens. But if moving on is the important bit to him, I just hope it's not Man Utd. Anyone but that club. 

I think a move to United right now would be a huge risk. I think for all the talk OGS is only ever a few bad games away from the sack. I also hate everything about the club. I think he could really do well at Liverpool or City. Even Barca!

39 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

Id rather see him at Man U than Spurs...

There's no worry there. Spurs can't afford him. Levy would probably offer us £20m plus some third choice youth keeper.

I'd rather he went to Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal or a foreign team than Man Utd.

1 hour ago, DJ_Villain said:

Id rather see him at Man U than Spurs...

You see, I wouldn't. Maybe it's just the Man Utd fans I know, but they're already talking like he's their player. After Yorke and Young, I can't handle Grealish going there. Anyone other then Man Utd. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tomav84 said:

he's the best player i've seen in a villa shirt (i'm 36). with better players, and less reliance on him i really think we could get into europe and push on further. he will be an england legend in my opinion. so yes, seeing him play for another premiership team would be gutting. and i really hope it's not man u. they're nothing like the team that was dominating the league when i was growing up. they're a joke now. i'd actually like to see him playing for barca. imagine he and messi linking up before he passes the baton on to jack? not saying jack will be anywhere near as good as messi, but they're similar in terms of style

on the flip side, it's getting embarrassing watching us give the ball to jack every single time we cross the half way line. we have zero other ideas aside give the ball to him...so would be nice to actually mix it up a bit

Spot on, we have no variation to our play, our only tactic seems to be to pass it to Jack and hope he comes up with a piece of magic. If he is double marked, then the ball should be switched to the other flank but we badly need another winger to play on the right. Although, that’s not saying that El Ghazi has done badly, far from it but I do think El Ghazi has become a target of abuse from some fans due to his defensive deficiencies 

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

if jack is doubled up on then it has to create space somewhere else, be it a winger tracking back or a midfielder coming across, McGinn on a good day can do it, hourihane has a fair few goals from it, targett is getting better with it but in general we lack a top quality midfielder who is clever / good enough to use that free space

Sunday for example if the ball goes out left to jack and he's stood up by walker and rodri drops in to double up who is there that's clever enough to go play in the space where rodri should be? we don't have it, that's what's killing us

failing that can targett overlap and pull walker away for that half a millimetre jack needs to then have the space to beat him

as it is he has no one to pass to and nowhere to go so instead will turn, shield the ball, get barged in the back and win a free kick, make no doubt about it the number of free kicks he wins is at times also a poor reflection on his team mates

el ghazi just needs to keep the pitch stretched, again create space, if he tucks in or plays deep where gundogan is then Rodri can go to jack, he needs to be up on the left back, the problem being that he cant do that because guilbert will need help with sterling

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

And he says he wants to win trophies, let’s hope he can start on Sunday

22 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Past talk of there being a black or even female James Bond, how about a black country one, just keep him away from the martinis. The names Jack, Jack Grealish.... just leave the bottle.

Jack ay no yam yam!

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Black Country? No sir. Jack is from Solihull.

A black country Bond though... Jesus, can you imagine?

Bond am back - In: "Doymonds am Foreva", "Fayam oys ownloy", "You'm day live throice"  & "The World ay enough!"

I typed brummie 4 times then Birmingham 6 times and settled on black country cos it sounded way funnier, not technically accurate and I didn't think anyone would notice😏, he's a great player though and the baddies would never kill em as he would go down too often already.

23 hours ago, The Hawk said:

After 2/3rds of a season in the Premier League with us "he's earnt the right to go where he chooses" 🙄

Is he a Legend as well?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

Â