The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

24 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I don't think many could make both Jack and Maddison work in a midfield three. Maddison lacks work rate. I know Grealish works hard but you'd want him in the 8 role.

Play Jack wide then like he does for us and drop Sancho as cover for Sterling (or vice versa).

Or put an extra man / different man in midfield to make up for the lack of workrate.

Maddison and Grealish are possibly (and certainly potentially) the two best players England have. It could and should work.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Play Jack wide then like he does for us and drop Sancho as cover for Sterling (or vice versa).

Or put an extra man / different man in midfield to make up for the lack of workrate.

Maddison and Grealish are possibly (and certainly potentially) the two best players England have. It could and should work.

Well yeah they could definitely be in the same XI, hence why I said I don't think they'd work in a midfield three.

• Like 1

Unpopular opinion but Henderson is quality 

He has 2 very comfortable ball playing CBs who don't need him back there, he has 2 playing out of their skin bombing forward full backs who do need him to cover in a system that requires a high press and tempo and then with the ball he has a team around him that like to keep it play it simple then spark in to life requiring it to go forward quickly often wide

Its a system that would suit England and he would be key to it 

Him ox and Jack would probably be my first choice midfield 3 

Just knowing where to be all the time is an underrated skill from a holding midfielder, Drinkwater for example for all his faults and lack of fitness is better than Luiz and Nakamba at it when we have the ball

Bringing it back to jack it's a skill he has too, knows where to be and how to both get in to space and create space for others 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

He has 2 very comfortable ball playing CBs who don't need him back there, he has 2 playing out of their skin bombing forward full backs who do need him to cover in a system that requires a high press and tempo and then with the ball he has a team around him that like to keep it play it simple then spark in to life requiring it to go forward quickly often wide

Just knowing where to be all the time is an underrated skill from a holding midfielder, Drinkwater for example for all his faults and lack of fitness is better than Luiz and Nakamba at it when we have the ball

Bringing it back to jack it's a skill he has too, knows where to be and how to both get in to space and create space for others 

I think Henderson is excellent, wouldn’t you put Maddison in?

1 hour ago, Mazrim said:

I think if you had Kalvin Phillips screening the back 4 it could work. Jack has high workrate and Maddison is busy enough to disrupt, with Grealish marauding forward more.
But if it's one or the other you **** Maddison off in the blink of an eye. Maybe Loftus-Cheek instead.

Good shout about Loftus-Cheek, he’s not getting game time at Chelsea. If Grealish goes in the Summer then, I’d take Loftus-Cheek

5 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think Henderson is excellent, wouldn’t you put Maddison in?

Maddison or Jack

Maddison fits the current shape and style better

Jack fits what I think England's shape and style should be better 

Depends what Southgate wants (I think he wants get it forward in to sancho sterling and kane as fast as possible) 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I personally think LW Grealish is far better than CM/8 Grealish and it's a shame because once he's gone from Villa he'll end up going back to a CM role which I don't think is best for him. 

To be honest, I think he's equally as good in both roles.

Free David Silva role Jack is best. He's better in LW because he's further forward and has more of a free rein than in CM. If you fully release the shackles and play him behind the striker with a good midfield behind him, he'd be otherworldly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

He is quality. I was just concerned at the workrate he'd need to cover for Jack and Maddison in a three.

21 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He is quality. I was just concerned at the workrate he'd need to cover for Jack and Maddison in a three.

Depends if you push the wing backs up too, with TAA you’ve got to assume the answer is yes

so the answer will be Henderson plays, jack and Maddison wont

the next problem is whether or not he’s adventurous enough to put ox in there, or loftus cheek, or winks higher up rather than rice as an out and out DMC

my problem with rice is that i don’t think he wants the ball enough, for all his faults drinkwater shows for the ball more than rice, it’s part of why our possession will be bad vs a decent team, whether or not Phillips has that skill I don’t know

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I really hope he stays whatever happens. But if moving on is the important bit to him, I just hope it's not Man Utd. Anyone but that club. 

I mean he'll be aiming higher regardless, but as funny as it sounds, he won't get in their team. Bruno Fernandes is their ACM now and Rashford as that LW spot sewn up. It might depend on if Pogba stays, if he does the attacking #8 spot is taken as well.

48 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I really hope he stays whatever happens. But if moving on is the important bit to him, I just hope it's not Man Utd. Anyone but that club. 

Am I the only one who’s not fussed where he goes? He’s either playing for us or he isn’t. 

Whilst I think he can play at the very top, if his choice is United then I dont begrudge him that, he’s earnt the right to go where he chooses in my book.

Â