The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

41 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

we never get it. Very rare we get the going rate for our players when Everton seem to command premiums for theirs.

the benteke figures banded about were 45m went for a lot less.

we always get skanked. Dwight Yorke should of gone for £20 million especially considering what he went on to help them acheive.

Milner well we ended up taking Ireland as part of the deal who they valued at 4m when 300k was book price for a non runner.

Even ashley youngs fee was a joke. English players are meant to cost more?

and if you sell the best player the clubs ever produced you  need to find someone to do his job. So that means buying Jame Maddisson then?

At what point are we going to stop selling our best players and try and do something?

Most clubs on the planet sell their best players. It happens.

We should fight tooth and nail to keep him. But everyone saying "just don't let him leave" know very well it's not that simple.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Because he's not that great a manager. I'm sure you'll tell me how good looking he is in that waistcoat but his managerial ability ain't all that.

He got England to the World Cup semi finals in 2018, I think that constitutes being a great manager and he isn’t bad looking 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He got England to the World Cup semi finals in 2018, I think that constitutes being a great manager

it doesn't, what it meant was that he gave the players a new lease of life which brought along freedom and enjoyment which for a long time was all England needed

and what he has done since is taken huge steps backward, apart from the front 3 which is genuinely one of the best at international level in world football right now we have got worse in every position on the pitch, the solid defence from the world cup has gone, the inventive set pieces have gone (might come back) and worst of all the biggest problem with England which is the midfield's ability to retain the ball and play some decent stuff hasn't really even been looked at, he's incredibly stubborn with his midfield, rice is not the answer, never has been, neither are barkley or mount, he maybe has too much choice in there, I actually think winks is ok for England but that gives him dier, Delph, Henderson, rice, winks, ward prowse, loftus cheek, barkley, ox, alli, grealish, Maddison, Lingard, mount (the highlighted being the ones that should definitely go +1 more for a 6 man midfield) I have absolutely 0 confidence that southgate will get that selection right, he's kick and rush, 100mph PL football, no interested in its limitations

realistically we got a good run at the world cup with decent fixtures and made a lot of the new VAR system through well thought out good quality set pieces, that's not enough

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

it doesn't, what it meant was that he gave the players a new lease of life which brought along freedom and enjoyment which for a long time was all England needed

and what he has done since is taken huge steps backward, apart from the front 3 which is genuinely one of the best at international level in world football right now we have got worse in every position on the pitch, the solid defence from the world cup has gone, the inventive set pieces have gone (might come back) and worst of all the biggest problem with England which is the midfield's ability to retain the ball and play some decent stuff hasn't really even been looked at, he's incredibly stubborn with his midfield, rice is not the answer, never has been, neither are barkley or mount, he maybe has too much choice in there, I actually think winks is ok for England but that gives him dier, Delph, Henderson, rice, winks, ward prowse, loftus cheek, barkley, ox, alli, grealish, Maddison, Lingard, mount (the highlighted being the ones that should definitely go +1 more for a 6 man midfield) I have absolutely 0 confidence that southgate will get that selection right, he's kick and rush, 100mph PL football, no interested in its limitations

realistically we got a good run at the world cup with decent fixtures and made a lot of the new VAR system through well thought out good quality set pieces, that's not enough

A front 5 of 

---------Maddison-Grealish

Sancho------------------------Sterling

--------------------Kane

Or something to that effect is frighteningly good. But I have zero confidence in Southgate even picking those players, let alone playing them effectively.

Said it before, but the England team should be being built around Grealish and Maddison. They're excellent players.

the retort for it would be that you're asking a lot of henderson

the thing is you're not asking a lot of Henderson if you keep the **** ball!

same as the champions league game last night, it doesn't ask a lot of kimmich in the pivot role because Bayern have 70% possession, Bayern can play a front 4 because they control the ball

I would ask a lot of Henderson.

Clean the boots, make the noodles, brew up, go fetch some biscuits... etc.

Pope
Alexander-Arnold
Gomez
Mings
Chilwell
Phillips
Grealish
Maddison
Sancho
Sterling
Kane

Edited by Mazrim
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mazrim said:

That’s an awful lot of trust to put in a mackem thats spent the last few years in Liverpool. He’d surely steal the boots and eat the biscuits. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

A front 5 of 

---------Maddison-Grealish

Sancho------------------------Sterling

--------------------Kane

Or something to that effect is frighteningly good. But I have zero confidence in Southgate even picking those players, let alone playing them effectively.

Said it before, but the England team should be being built around Grealish and Maddison. They're excellent players.

Who would you play behind that front 5?

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

46 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Pope
Alexander-Arnold
Gomez
Mings
Chilwell
Phillips
Grealish
Maddison
Sancho
Sterling
Kane

Kalvin Phillips? You wouldn’t play Harry Maguire?

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Who would you play behind that front 5?

Assuming everyone was fit and on their current form, my XI would probably be something like

---------------------Pope

Trent - Maguire - Stones - Trippier

---------------Henderson

------Grealish-----------Maddison

Sancho---------------------------------Sterling

----------------------Kane

Defence is an issue. Apart from TAA nobody gives me much confidence of the current crop. Saka could get a look in at left back. Not sure is Maddison and Grealish would need more protection/defensive cover in midfield than Henderson. But I'll go for that.

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Assuming everyone was fit and on their current form, my XI would probably be something like

---------------Henderson

Defence is an issue. Apart from TAA nobody gives me much confidence of the current crop. Saka could get a look in at left back. Not sure is Maddison and Grealish would need more protection/defensive cover in midfield than Henderson. But I'll go for that.

You don’t rate Chilwell, Pickford or Mings?

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

---------------Henderson

Stones and Maguire. We may as well just kick the ball into our own net. :o

And Trippier is a right back. Henderson would be a nightmare screening the back 4 and he'd need to with Grealish and Maddison marauding in front of him.
Apart from that, I'm down.

5 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Stones and Maguire. We may as well just kick the ball into our own net. :o

And Trippier is a right back. Henderson would be a nightmare screening the back 4 and he'd need to with Grealish and Maddison marauding in front of him.
Apart from that, I'm down.

Like I said, defence is a problem. I don't really have much confidence in anyone back there. I had a brain fart. Switch Trippier for Chilwell. My bad.

Maguire gets in for his previous performances for England, and Stones for his ball playing ability.  I agree with the Henderson thing. I'd rely on the manager to find something that works.

but I have no confidence in Southgate to make that team work, like I said.

If Pep Guardiola or Jurgen Klopp had that first XI they'd be winning trophies. With Southgate we'll probably be out in the round of 16

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why wouldn’t you play Maguire? He’s a key player for me

I'm happy for the both of you.

Mostly though, I wouldn't play him because I think there are better players. Namely Mings and especially Gomez.

• Haha 1

Just now, Tom13 said:

I don't think many could make both Jack and Maddison work in a midfield three. Maddison lacks work rate. I know Grealish works hard but you'd want him in the 8 role.

I don't see why they couldn't. Neither of them are passengers, but even if there were the odd spells where Maddison wasn't working hard enough, international teams are so full of quality that you should have enough ability & workrate around the rest of the team to make up for it.

It's like how Germany had Ozil floating around in their team. As soon as he moved to an average Arsenal team, they could no longer afford to have a luxury player there, but an international team like England or Germany should be able to make that work, in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

I don't think many could make both Jack and Maddison work in a midfield three. Maddison lacks work rate. I know Grealish works hard but you'd want him in the 8 role.

I think if you had Kalvin Phillips screening the back 4 it could work. Jack has high workrate and Maddison is busy enough to disrupt, with Grealish marauding forward more.
But if it's one or the other you **** Maddison off in the blink of an eye. Maybe Loftus-Cheek instead.

Â