The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, Bugzy1991 said:

This whole england debate is so annoying. And slating Southgate is also annoying. 

Mount was the better player at start of the season. He just was.

No he wasn't. He just wasn't.

He scored a few goals in a few weeks. Big deal.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

No he wasn't. He just wasn't.

He scored a few goals in a few weeks. Big deal.

Well he was. Jack influence on games at the start of the season was not a stand out until he moved onto the left and had more of a free attacking role. 

Mount influence in first few games were bigger. He looked really good at the start of the season. A lot of Chelsea attacking play did. 

After jack moved to left, his influence was greater

Edited by Bugzy1991

At the start of the season Mount and Grealish were playing in completely different positions, Mount was playing behind the striker at Chelsea, whilst Grealish was playing deeper in midfield for us, that's why Mount was getting picked ahead of him for England. Grealish was never going to be picked as one of the wide attackers for England if he wasn't even playing there for us, and also would find it hard getting into the England squad as a central midfielder, as hardly any teams play with a player like Grealish in central midfield these days, we've even stopped doing it ourselves now.

9 minutes ago, Bugzy1991 said:

Well he was. Jack influence on games at the start of the season was not a stand out until he moved onto the left and had more of a free attacking role. 

Mount influence in first few games were bigger. He looked really good at the start of the season. A lot of Chelsea attacking play did. 

I can do the yes he was / no he wasnt all day but I cant be arsed.

Mount has never been nor will ever be a better player. Grealish doesn't have to play on the left to be effective. That's rubbish.

Left, centre, off the striker, in goal. Doesn't matter.

1 minute ago, Mazrim said:

I can do the yes he was / no he wasnt all day but I cant be arsed.

Mount has never been nor will ever be a better player. Grealish doesn't have to play on the left to be effective. That's rubbish.

Left, centre, off the striker, in goal. Doesn't matter.

Well you started the yes / no. 

Ahhh a lot of good points which was never argued about. Where did I say he has to play on the left to be effective? 

I said he wasn't that effective and wasn't as influential than mount until he moved to the left. In the first few weeks when there was international duty. 

Edited by Bugzy1991
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Bugzy1991 said:

I'm with Mazrim. He wasn't, in my opinion.

Jack was completely dictating games for us, just like he did in the Championship. It looks like you're basing Mount being 'better' at the start of the season due to his goals/assists. (I remember one of Mount's early season goals being a huge deflection. I know they all count, but hitting a shot off-target and it ricocheting into the net isn't the best basis to show that he was a better player than Grealish).

The 'goals/assists' thing is the same argument people were using to slate Grealish last season when he was dictating most of our games from a central position, without getting many goals and assists.

• Like 1

If Jack was that influential than he wouldn't have been moved to the left. It created unbalance to our side and he become so much more effective when moved to the left. 

I try to watch nearly every prem game. Mount was very good in the first few weeks. Is mount a better player? No. But at the first few weeks he was more in form.

Edited by Bugzy1991

1 minute ago, Bugzy1991 said:

If Jack was that influential than he wouldn't have been moved to the left. It created unbalance to our side and he become so much more effective when moved to the left. 

I try to watch nearly every prem game. Mount was very good in the first few weeks. Is mount a better player? No. But at the first few weeks he was.

Many thought he was moved out wide because our wingers were poor. Hence why we only ever see one of Trez/ El Ghazi for 20 minute cameos nowadays.

He was "moved to the left" in order to satisfy a starting line up graphic for Match of the Day. In truth he drifts all over the shop. Also, we had more strength in the centre than out wide, especially with McGinn fit, so we didnt need him there as much as we needed him further up the pitch. But unlike the likes of Mount, Grealish uses his superior awareness and reading of the game to collect the ball from defence, sit off the striker, come in from the flanks or anything else that is required to be effective.

2 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

He was "moved to the left" in order to satisfy a starting line up graphic for Match of the Day. In truth he drifts all over the shop. Also, we had more strength in the centre than out wide, especially with McGinn fit, so we didnt need him there as much as we needed him further up the pitch. But unlike the likes of Mount, Grealish uses his superior awareness and reading of the game to collect the ball from defence, sit off the striker, come in from the flanks or anything else that is required to be effective.

Match of the day? Huh?

The rest is nothing that I disagree. Grealish is a better player.  First couple of weeks before international break? Mount was more in form so it's totally understandable why he was picked for England. Second time he was injured around the time.

Mcginn was fit all the time around then.

Edited by Bugzy1991

They paid 85m for an oaf like Maguire. It's laughable they think they could get Grealish for less than 100m. It's laughable they think they could keep him out of the clutches of Liverpool, Barca or Real Madrid when in reality they're duking it out with Sheffield United.

Really though, they can all **** off.

• Like 1

I think OBE's prediction that we'd be looking at a British transfer record for Jack is spot on. And we should be disappointed if we don't get it.

(assuming he goes. Which obviously I hope he won't. Before anyone jumps down my throat about not being a real fan because I accept the possibility of Grealish leaving)

14 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Of the five of them; Grealish, Mount, Maddison, Cantwell and Alli - I'd have Grealish as best player.

Grealish
Maddison

Alli

Mount

Cantwell

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 3

51 minutes ago, Bugzy1991 said:

This whole england debate is so annoying. And slating Southgate is also annoying. 

Mount was the better player at start of the season. He just was. He was influencing games more than jack until jack moved to the left. Then he was injured around the next squad that got picked so it's understandable he wasn't picked. 

Let's wait and see at the next break.

Who has more honours arguement is dumb also.

Don't care who was better at the start of the season, Jack is and always has been a much better player. Scary that Southgate couldn't see this.

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

And we should be disappointed if we don't get it.

we never get it. Very rare we get the going rate for our players when Everton seem to command premiums for theirs.

the benteke figures banded about were 45m went for a lot less.

we always get skanked. Dwight Yorke should of gone for £20 million especially considering what he went on to help them acheive.

Milner well we ended up taking Ireland as part of the deal who they valued at 4m when 300k was book price for a non runner.

Even ashley youngs fee was a joke. English players are meant to cost more?

and if you sell the best player the clubs ever produced you  need to find someone to do his job. So that means buying Jame Maddisson then?

At what point are we going to stop selling our best players and try and do something?

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why do you think he couldn’t see this?

Because he's not that great a manager. I'm sure you'll tell me how good looking he is in that waistcoat but his managerial ability ain't all that.

• Haha 1

Â