The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I thought he was as poor as the rest second half. A few times we were in promising positions when a pass was on and he tried to do it himself instead giving the ball away leaving us exposed and hit on the break. It wasn’t a captains display at all in terms of trying to lift the players either.  I get he must be frustrated but we can’t have him losing his head. 

Hopefully it was very much a one off. 

Against the Spurs commentators were saying during the game that he "actually never does anything wrong on the field". That's not 100% true of course, but I agreed with that.

Compared to that, yesterday's showing was very poor. We never recovered from the poor start, and Jack never got going. Then he got frustrated and sort of gave up. 

7 hours ago, AVTuco said:

Against the Spurs commentators were saying during the game that he "actually never does anything wrong on the field". That's not 100% true of course, but I agreed with that.

Compared to that, yesterday's showing was very poor. We never recovered from the poor start, and Jack never got going. Then he got frustrated and sort of gave up. 

He never had a great game, but in contrast, he is Mr Consistency.

He is not untouchable, but when the finger points at Jack...... We have ,lost the plot,too.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

In theory putting 2-3 players on him should be playing straight in to our hands. It gives the rest of our team so much extra space and time that if a team does that all game we should easily be able to punish them for it. Never ends up working quite like that though, does it? 

I don't blame him if he is fed up, he's brilliant, and half of the team can barely play a 20 yard pass without **** it up.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I'm fed up of the zero protection he gets from refs. Start booking people, even if it's their first, if it's the 3rd or 4th foul on the same player.

I do think there's been a bit of an unwritten rule that the kind of fouls Jack gets, because he's so good at shielding the ball, are not the kind of fouls refs are going to hand cards out for without a damn good reason to. It's seemed clear to me for a couple of months now that a fair few refs really, really don't care for the kind of fouls Jack is able to draw, and aren't going to go out of their way to protect him from them.

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

I'm fed up of the zero protection he gets from refs. Start booking people, even if it's their first, if it's the 3rd or 4th foul on the same player.

At one point Ward-Prowse had 3 digs at his ankle before Jack went down.Was like someone kicking a can down the street.Ref gave a free but didn't even have a word with him.

On 20/02/2020 at 12:03, Vive_La_Villa said:

Is anyone very confident we will stay up? It’s just so tight! I’m hanging on to the fact the teams around us just keep dropping points. I actually think a record points low at 17th could keep a team up this season.

I’ve been confident all Season that we’d get 38 points and stay up.

Im no longer confident. I’m hopeful.

My confidence has gone because the one thing I was certain of was that the Coach would get the players performing at or hear their best especially against Lower Half sides, and he is now clearly failing to do that.

My hope comes from the fact that we are capable of playing decent football, we have some very good players, one genius, and our rivals have just as many average players a# we do, and are all capable of playing badly aswell.

Theres still nearly a third of the season to go.

Anything could happen.

Edited by terrytini
I don’t know that got in here but can’t move it to the PL thread sorry
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

I’ve been confident all Season that we’d get 38 points and stay up.

Im no longer confident. I’m hopeful.

My confidence has gone because the one thing I was certain of was that the Coach would get the players performing at or hear their best especially against Lower Half sides, and he is now clearly failing to do that.

My hope comes from the fact that we are capable of playing decent football, we have some very good players, one genius, and our rivals have just as many average players a# we do, and are all capable of playing badly aswell.

Theres still nearly a third of the season to go.

Anything could happen.

Right sorry I thought I was replying to a Post in the PL thread but it is in fact the Jack thread so that’s  why it’s here. Makes sense now.

22 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Being the Jack Grealish fan boy i am it's hard for me to criticize him. 

But today was a pathetic display.

Aww c'mon. Who are you kidding you are in your element.

Never more truthful to your strongest skill when you are rubbishing something.

It's what you do best.

46 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I didn’t have the chance to watch most of the match, but I’ve seen his assist to Samatta, the ball to Trez who as usual choose the worst choice. Then when Hourihane didn’t gave him the ball. Last one was really annoying.

Absolutely, I think all the players should realise that if Jack says "give me the ball" then give it to him. His football intelligence is way above the rest of them that it's more than likely there's something on - and there was in that situation.

• Like 1

Â