The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

15 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Is anyone very confident we will stay up? It’s just so tight! I’m hanging on to the fact the teams around us just keep dropping points. I actually think a record points low at 17th could keep a team up this season.

I don't know about confident. I would say more confident of staying up than going down. We're still bedding some players in and we're not in terrible form, its just that mistakes happen too regularly and they almost always cost us.
With McGinn coming back too, we should be stronger in the run in.. I don't see any reason to think we're already doomed or anything dramatic like that.

• Like 1

On 19/02/2020 at 20:34, Vive_La_Villa said:

Even if we go down I think we’ll keep Mings and McGinn for a year. 

Don't see Mings staying simply due to him being a regular in England squad now. We know what Southgate is like with players in the championship. Would comfortably make a decent profit on him though.

I can see McGinn staying though.

On 20/02/2020 at 08:46, Vive_La_Villa said:

In terms of ridiculously rich owners aren’t Sheffield United owned by a Saudi Prince?

He isn't actually that rich, think that's why him and Kevin McCabe actually fell out.

Sheffield United are spending a decent amount but that's just the tv money, not much difference from us.

Ultimately Wolves are talking the talk. Sign good players and with a decent system in place and you can rise up this league pretty quickly.

I assume Jack's someone who likes watching football (not every player does) so imagine if he was watching Wolves last night. A team who this time two years ago were in the championship with us and about to lose 4-1 at VP. (Three years ago they had Lambert as manager). I think watching them winning a europa knock out game 4-0 with Neves scoring another screamer he'd be wondering why we couldn't make similar progress with signings.

I would imagine he'd be pretty disappointed with our business over last two windows. I accept not being able to sign someone like Tammy was a massive blow and also accept we had to flesh the squad out given how many we released.

However the squad players we signed wouldn't have dented the budget too much given we signed Jota and Hause for under 10m. El Ghazi signed for about 8m aswell and then likes of Lansbury and Chester have been fillers on the bench. Hourihane also downgraded to a squad player this season. (Gullibert was also signed in January).

Simple truth is we haven't got enough from the players we signed in 12-25m price range bar Mings. At that sort of price they really need to be making a crucial difference and too many of them haven't.

Spent the entire game on the half way line literally 5 yards from the touchline whilst our two CMs hid from the ball.

Says it all about the guy in charge of this club.

Oh and he was god awful today on the rare occasion he got the ball and struggled to get infield...in the game.

On 20/02/2020 at 12:03, TRO said:

26 games have landed us where we are......The next 12 will seal our fate....its all to play for.

Its in Dean and the teams hands to reverse the form of the last 26 games.

Its what the 5 or 6 teams do or don't do, in the 12 game mini league, thats relevant.

I have no idea what the outcome of that will be. i suspect those that can fight and scrap for those valuable points, will have the best chance.

Having the best English midfielder in the country, must give us a chance....keeping Jack fit is crucial.

The problem is you can have the best midfielder in your team , but if he is not utilised properly he becomes as ineffective as the players around him. 

Its all to play for , But;

we have no plan no confidence no fight or players who want to scrap , and the cherry on top  a very weak management team.

Its my opinion but we are down.

We are pretty poor when he’s delivering masterclass performances week in week out, we’ve got no chance when he has an off day. 

Poor game, but when he got it on the edge of their box in injury time, I still thought he was going to pull another worldie out of the bag.

Feel sorry for him having playing with that lot today. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

The problem is you can have the best midfielder in your team , but if he is not utilised properly he becomes as ineffective as the players around him. 

Its all to play for , But;

we have no plan no confidence no fight or players who want to scrap , and the cherry on top  a very weak management team.

Its my opinion but we are down.

Sadly, I think you are right and have thought it for a few months now.

Will still have to be positive, with the games left but on the current evidence, it is fanciful.....but I think we owe it to ourselves to be realistic too.

This football is not a mirage, its fact and the fact is for anyone who has watched this game for as long as we have, our game is riddled with holes....there is so much wrong and it is gradually getting worse, not better.

It reminds me of the final days of Paul Lambert, sadly.

• Like 3

Â