The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

If we stay up then I am very confident he would give us at least another season. This season would have been another season of progression and big step in the right direction. In the summer we'd be looking at bringing in 5 or 6 players not the twice that we had to bring in last summer. I also think the players we have would be stronger for their experiences this season and next season further realise the undoubted potential many of them have. I think Jack would want to be a part of that and a part of the club looking to progress in to the top 10 and then who knows how far we could go. 

None of us know what his thoughts are. Whether he'd value more captaining Aston Villa in the top flight and looking to secure European football and compete in more cup finals over the next 2-3 years or if he'd want a better shot at trophies elsewhere. Who knows he may even be our Le Tissier, Totti, Shearer who values playing for the club he loves above all else.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Literally nobody, not one single person, has remotely suggested this.

Well done. 

It's a rethorical tool in most languages. Think you lot normally refer to it 'as exaggeration for effect'. Or hyperbole from latin I guess. 

11 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Well done. 

It's a rethorical tool in most languages. Think you lot normally refer to it 'as exaggeration for effect'. Or hyperbole from latin I guess. 

So you're arguing against a point nobody has made.

Nobody is suggesting we should just let Jack leave, or that we should bend over, or that the club shouldn't do everything it can to keep him.

If you agree with that then what's your point?

In another year or so I can see him moving back a little into centre of midfield for Villa just like Milner did, that is if Villa stay up and he stays?

Grealish reminds me so much of Cowans in his control and weight of pass or indeed a former Everton magician called Duncan MacKenzie.

Edited by striker

8 minutes ago, striker said:

In another year or so I can see him moving back a little into centre of midfield for Villa just like Milner did, that is if Villa stay up and he stays?

Grealish reminds me so much of Cowans in his control and weight of pass.

I honestly think we are only seeing half of what Jack is capable of because he doesn’t have the players around him. At times we see flashes from Targett and Luiz (and now Samatta) where Grealish is able to link up at speed and you feel like you’re watching a proper top drawer side take a team apart.

But it’s just flashes at the moment. Most of the time the gulf in class is very obvious.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

I honestly think we are only seeing half of what Jack is capable of because he doesn’t have the players around him. At times we see flashes from Targett and Luiz (and now Samatta) where Grealish is able to link up at speed and you feel like you’re watching a proper top drawer side take a team apart.

But it’s just flashes at the moment. Most of the time the gulf in class is very obvious.

KentVillan I don’t know how old you are but in the 1970s Everton had a player called Duncan McKenzie. A real entertainer in the Stan Bowles mould. Grealish reminds me of McKenzie too.

I think you’re right in saying that with better players around him Jack would be even better but hopefully he’ll get that in the summer if Villa stay up?

Edited by striker

13 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

It's kind of sad. Honestly, every time I see Jack trying to link up with Trezeguet my heart sinks. We need 2 or 3 top quality players next summer if we have a prayer of keeping him. Tielemans type signings.

In the summer we need a new midfield.  Its where we lose games.

I like our players, and I believe they'll grow into better players, but if we want to jump the league's and bypass the lower half teams, we need people who can accept a ball under pressure and make the right pass or decision (ala jack). 

A better forward would also go a long way.

LW, RW, CM, ST. 

Get good acquisitions and we'll look good. 

First we gotta stay up, then we can add quality around Jack (ffp allowing).

• Like 1

I think that if we stay up he will stay. Just like Zaha last summer, its not easy to get such a move especially with the English tax. Probably only 3 teams can afford him in England and thats City, Liverpool and United

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

I think that if we stay up he will stay. Just like Zaha last summer, its not easy to get such a move especially with the English tax. Probably only 3 teams can afford him in England and thats City, Liverpool and United

I think the same. No team would pay the asking price for Zaha and I could see the same happening with Jack. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, striker said:

KentVillan I don’t know how old you are but in the 1970s Everton had a player called Duncan McKenzie. A real entertainer in the Stan Bowles mould. Grealish reminds me of McKenzie too.

I think you’re right in saying that with better players around him Jack would be even better but hopefully he’ll get that in the summer if Villa stay up?

Not old enough to remember that haha! But yeah I agree with you that Jack doesn’t necessarily have to leave to find those players - a good summer transfer window could go a long way to fixing it.

• Like 1

My concern was largely if we get relegated he definitely goes. Don’t haVean issue there.

My concern which popped into my head was we couldn’t keep Milner when we were doing well and he moved on to City.

will our survival be enough to keep Jack despite his deep rooted love for the club? 

Â