The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Mount is younger than Grealish and plays for a better club

Mate you know what, I've agreed in the past that Jack is a bit "overrated" and "hyped" by us (He has come on leaps and bounds since then), even though he still has deficiencies to his game which I still point out, but you are bordering screwdriver and Lad21 levels of posting with regards to him.

E.G: I think people who claim he walks into the likes of Barcelona, Madrid, City teams etc are deluded, but you are appearing like the opposite point of the spectrum now.

Jack is a VERY good player, with potential to be a level under elite IMO.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Mate you know what, I've agreed in the past that Jack is a bit "overrated" and "hyped" by us (He has come on leaps and bounds since then), even though he still has deficiencies to his game which I still point out, you are bordering screwdriver and Lad21 levels of posting with regards to him.

E.G: I think people who claim he walks into the likes of Barcelona, Madrid, City teams etc are deluded, but you are appearing like the opposite point of the spectrum now.

Jack is a VERY good player, with potential to be a level under elite IMO.

I think you are correct, some on here are saying that he’s world class now which is preposterous in my opinion 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Grealish has had 6 months of decent football in the Premier League, not outstanding, we’re 17th in the league for a reason. Potentially world class? What gives you that idea? I think you are overrating him. The most talented midfielder that England have?? Maddison, Mount 

I respect you for your previous talent spotting SGC but this Grealish bashing you have been doing lately is doing you no favours at all. 

Mate... he is our best player we have by a fifty mile country road !

Specially when you was first one to tell us about him on here when he was 14!!  Are you sure you ain't posting under multiple accounts?

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

E.G: I think people who claim he walks into the likes of Barcelona, Madrid, City teams etc are deluded

I’ll happily double down on a remark I made about a week ago: Watching this version of Barcelona, Jack would be a major upgrade on players that are regularly starting meaningful games for them. Do you really  think Jack isn’t better than e.g. Sergi Roberto and Arturo Vidal? 

Mount and Grealish both is complete different type footballer; I think Mount actually very talent players that people rated him, this is my point of view be fair on Mount and Grealish both are player different style not fair to compare both player. I don't understand why people against Mount and laugh over other people opinion.

Let me explain what i think of 2 players Mount and Grealish:- there a go (please bear with my english)

Mount is more a Central Midfield (he can play as left inside forward) with he is play more balanced than grealish; Mount is more attack mind yet have good defend mind, he is attack midfield mould which reasonable people who use this to compare both I think Maddison and Grealish compare is more sense that Mount.

only Grealish is ahead better than him it is dribble and draw to foul, and mount is par with him it is killer pass.

Grealish capacity to penetrate opponent's defend against him he use his flair breakthrough which grealish best weapon and he use these traits to bring wins for us that why villa fan (us) love him and other clubs fan hate him and think he is overrated.  Mount play it is limited as he is safe player also he is big club to player that reason Southgate would pick him over Grealish. 

for example if defend phase and Mount better odd to hold and win the games than Grealish. If we play Grealish same role in "Attack Phase" will better result for attack due his dribbling and draw foul, and killer pass but in "Defend Phase" he could cost us the game with silly mistake under pressure in our half box and poor man marking could wreck our chance to win or draw, hold the score

that is what grealish weakness, be fair I don't see this weakness is bad news as grealish still learn and developed his games and focus his weakness will make him better footballer that what coach able help him improvement.

But if we play him left inside forward as he did for us, he would bring better result than mount.

Grealish would have problem breakthrough is he has England have Sanchos and Sterling ahead him, who i would replace one of them for Grealish for Start Line up? 

be frank I want to see Grealish and Maddison play same pitch and centre midfield with winks in defensive midfield,  Grealish-Wink-Maddison or Grealish-Mount-Maddison

this would be brilliant and threat consist the games it is will beautiful these 3 midfield like magic in attack phase yet "i got bad feel about this vibe" potential problem as "Lampard + Gerrard" That why i might worth think would better if we play them both different roles rather both in Centre midfield 

move to opponent style

If opponent is who like sit Deep Defend area, I would play this 3 midfield and 3 front like we are strong and pose threat...

Grealish - Abraham (kane - inj) - ???? 
Mount - Henderson (or Winks) - Maddison

(or)

Sancho - Abraham (kane - Inj) - Sterling
Grealish - Mount | Winks - Maddison)

Foden? Freeman? Bowen? Lolley? Greenwood? McNeill? Sessegnon? March? for right slot of 3? - who else is flair left foot england has?? I don't think Sterling will penetrate them with killer pass if they sit too deep when these can bring long shot and killer pass, good cross than sterling but he will bring goal more that Grealish with dart running into box and goal which other player likely fail to do...

personally I would play Foden or Bowen even March - the problem with these is England would not pick for tactical reason, they normal go for big names and play for big club, higher level. that is what major problem with England so bin Lolley and Bowen, Foden, McNeill, Freeman, even we don't have left foot winger problem still same track way long time ago... if we have welsh left foot player for england will solve the problem (Giggs and Bales since 90's we would win world cup!)

also if we want counter attack with good football ? Southgate would pick

Sterling (Sancho) - Abraham (kane - Inj) - Sessesson (even Sancho first choice)
Cork (or Henderson) - winks (or Rice) - Maddison (or Mount)  

something missing and who missing? oh it is no Grealish in this line up?

that possible same reason other people wouldn't pick him, maybe 3rd choice after Mount and Maddison? in centre midfield, No offence.... even i want see Grealish play for England

I prefer winks over rice and henderson; if you wonder why i pick Cork as he only one is more box to box would better balance for defend and attack, and i rate him very good player even he is not far elite status level if he is not pick i would pick longstaff or Chalobah even Matty James, John Lundstram for box to box midfield.

if Kelvin Phillips playing premiership i would pick him for DM roles with Winks so it is more tactical optional to pick.

Edited by Danny_Villaman84
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mazrim said:

A better club. Get to ****.

Chelsea? They’re a Champions League club, they’re just about to play Bayern Munich in the round of 16. They are established at the top of the game, why don’t you think they are better than us? I fail to see how they aren’t 

6 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Chelsea? They’re a Champions League club, they’re just about to play Bayern Munich in the round of 16. They are established at the top of the game, why don’t you think they are better than us? I fail to see how they aren’t 

Might have a better team. Not a better club. Everything successful about them came from shady Russian gangsters. When I was a kid they had the same sort of status as West Ham or Crystal Palace now.

3 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Might have a better team. Not a better club. Everything successful about them came from shady Russian gangsters. When I was a kid they had the same sort of status as West Ham or Crystal Palace now.

You think people will remember that in 50 years time? Whatever the reason it happened they are one of the big boys of English football now and will be for years to come. 

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You think people will remember that in 50 years time? Whatever the reason it happened they are one of the big boys of English football now and will be for years to come. 

You realise that getting results is no excuse for wrongdoing? Actually maybe in these dark times that’s not true any more. 

3 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

You realise that getting results is no excuse for wrongdoing? Actually maybe in these dark times that’s not true any more. 

I never actually suggested that mate. I just said in the future nobody will remember how their fortunes came about. They got rich at the right time and are now here to stay. 

Â