The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Grealish has had 6 months of decent football in the Premier League, not outstanding, we’re 17th in the league for a reason. Potentially world class? What gives you that idea? I think you are overrating him. The most talented midfielder that England have?? Maddison, Mount 

We are 17th because of grealish, without him we'd probably be 20th! His stats are up there with the best players in the world, in the best division in the world with one of the worst sides in that league. You can't deny how good he is, it's not even an opinion it's just going against the grain for the sake of it. 

I don't see how you can rate the likes of Hepburn Murphy who couldn't get into the tranmere side so highly then say grealish is overrated. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Grealish has had 6 months of decent football in the Premier League, not outstanding, we’re 17th in the league for a reason. Potentially world class? What gives you that idea? I think you are overrating him. The most talented midfielder that England have?? Maddison, Mount 

Maybe you should read your posts from the very 1st page. You praised him more then than now

The one prediction you ever got right and now he is overrated 😂

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Maybe you should read your posts from the very 1st page. You praised him more then than now

The one prediction you ever got right and now he is overrated 😂

To be fair the point he made about how Jack has only had half a season of recent premier league football so may not walk straight in to the England team was a valid one. But then when he goes on to talk about how Mason Mount is better! After that it’s hard to take further posts seriously.

14 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

To be fair the point he made about how Jack has only had half a season of recent premier league football so may not walk straight in to the England team was a valid one. But then when he goes on to talk about how Mason Mount is better! After that it’s hard to take further posts seriously.

Why has Mount played for England and not Grealish then?

• Haha 1

Earlier in the season Grealish was playing as a central midfielder, that's why he didn't get called up then as England and not many teams play with a midfielder like Grealish in central midfield, those type of players are usually always employed in the wide forward roles. And he was never going to be considered for a wide forward role with England if he wasn't playing there with us, and hadn't actually played there for while, now he is playing further forward and doing well he'll obviously get his chance, he was unlucky that he was injured the last time England played.

5 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why aren’t Maddison and Mount better than him? They play for better and high placed teams. Grealish holds the record for 20 consecutive defeats in the Premier League and you think he’s potentially world class? Based on what? Performances from years ago? Can we talk about present day?

5 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I'm genuinely stunned you've come out with nonsense like this.

He was the only shining light in a squad of overpaid plodders who couldn't give a toss. Holding that season against Jack is absurd. 

5 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

It’s a stat that can help me back up my argument

Rather than having 'an argument' and then looking for stats to back it up, why not look at relevant stats *now*, and then adapt or change your argument based on those?

What is more relevant, Grealish's performances this season, or a run of games that mostly happened four years ago?

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Mount is younger than Grealish and plays for a better club

Doesn’t mean he’s better. 
He came through their youth system. They had a transfer ban, so didn’t bring in internationals and a big name manager. 

What attributes does Mount have better than Jack?

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

Doesn’t mean he’s better. 
He came through their youth system. They had a transfer ban, so didn’t bring in internationals and a big name manager. 

What attributes does Mount have better than Jack?

I bet they are making this comparison on a Chelsea forum

9 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Mount is younger than Grealish and plays for a better club

You’ve hit the nail on the head there. He plays for a better club. 

If Grealish played for Chelsea But was exactly as good as he is for us, he’d have 20 caps by now. 

nobody can have watched Mount and Grealish this season and say Mount is better. I don’t think even Chelsea fans would say that

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I bet they are making this comparison on a Chelsea forum

Really couldn’t care less what Chelsea fans are saying. I’m a Villa fan, watching one of the best attacking midfielders in the league play for us. Someone who is rightly  being talked up by media and pundits alike. 
The fact that you can’t say what attributes Mount has better than Jack speaks volumes 

9 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Really couldn’t care less what Chelsea fans are saying. I’m a Villa fan, watching one of the best attacking midfielders in the league play for us. Someone who is rightly  being talked up by media and pundits alike. 
The fact that you can’t say what attributes Mount has better than Jack speaks volumes 

I find it hard to say who is better than who, I had this conversation with a Wolves fan at a train station. He was saying that Connor Coady is better than Tyrone Mings, I was having none of it but couldn’t really back it up with any substance. I am sensing a bit of deja vu here, why couldn’t you care less what Chelsea fans are saying?

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

Â