The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Once he gets into the England team you won't get him out. He won't be fazed by it as he has that much confidence in his own ability. That isn't arrogance by the way that is just knowing how good you are.

I have been saying since he broke through for us half a dozen years ago that he is the most naturally gifted player I have seen come through for us since Mark Walters in the early 80's. I'd now say he is the most naturally gifted England player since Paul Gascoigne in terms of how natural he is on the ball and ability to glide past players.

As @Mazrim said he gets into the England side above any of the other midfielders. He is that good. Could anyone seriously suggest an England midfielder they would swap him for? you could offer me two or three of some of the others in the squad and I still wouldn't swap him.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Ahead of anybody. Anybody.

He's arguably the most talented midfielder England have and alongside top players would and will be absolutely lethal in terms of creating chances and making things tick. 

I find your appraisal of Grealish increasingly bizarre. You champion shit and average players and belittle the only potentially world class player we have. But it's a free country. Enjoy.

Grealish has had 6 months of decent football in the Premier League, not outstanding, we’re 17th in the league for a reason. Potentially world class? What gives you that idea? I think you are overrating him. The most talented midfielder that England have?? Maddison, Mount 

17 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Ahead of anybody. Anybody.

He's arguably the most talented midfielder England have and alongside top players would and will be absolutely lethal in terms of creating chances and making things tick.

I agree with this, but don’t think Southgate will, which is why I think the game at VP could be his first start. 2 games in March, he’ll be in squad, however first one knowing Southgate he won’t be in first match day squad. Second match Jack may make match day squad but either not come on or come on last minute. Then 2 games in June, the second of which is at VP. If as expected he shines in the squad, then he should have made the squad for the euros, he possibly could get a start in the first June match, but you’d expect he definitely would in the second. (Again, this is what I think Southgate will do, I’d play him from March).

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Grealish has had 6 months of decent football in the Premier League, not outstanding, we’re 17th in the league for a reason. Potentially world class? What gives you that idea? I think you are overrating him. The most talented midfielder that England have?? Maddison, Mount 

He played ivery well n the PL 4 or 5 years ago and was taking the piss out of Liverpool in an FA Cup Semi final for instance. He hasnt just arrived. I find it strange a Villa fan needs this pointing out. Blaming our league position on Grealish? Really?

But if you think Maddison and Mount are better there's nothing more to say really. Laughable.

5 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

How long has Mount been a premier league player? What has he done? Mount only benefits because he is at Chelsea and people say he is the next Lampard (who he is being coached by). Now he very well may be in the future, but at the moment he is no where near what Lampard did. The only strong attribute he has is a shot. He doesn’t dictate play from midfield, he doesn’t step up and dominate, he doesn’t beat players, he doesn’t tackle, his passing isn’t great. 
As for Maddison, he’s a very good player and against lesser sides, I’d have him and Jack in the side. But for me Jack is a better player. Jack can do what Maddison can, plus he has that ability of retaining possession and beating players. 
I have never seen anyone who can glide past players the way Jack does, the way he draws fouls and holds defenders off. It would all be great at international level. 

1 minute ago, Mazrim said:

He played ivery well n the PL 4 or 5 years ago and was taking the piss out of Liverpool in an FA Cup Semi final for instance. He hasnt just arrived. I find it strange a Villa fan needs this pointing out. Blaming our league position on Grealish? Really?

But if you think Maddison and Mount are better there's nothing more to say really. Laughable.

Why aren’t Maddison and Mount better than him? They play for better and high placed teams. Grealish holds the record for 20 consecutive defeats in the Premier League and you think he’s potentially world class? Based on what? Performances from years ago? Can we talk about present day?

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why aren’t Maddison and Mount better than him? They play for better and high placed teams. Grealish holds the record for 20 consecutive defeats in the Premier League and you think he’s potentially world class? Based on what? Performances from years ago? Can we talk about present day?

The record for consecutive defeats includes games from 2016, four years ago! Talk about present day if you want to talk about present day. 

At present, Jack has had half a good season in the premier league, where he’s contributed to a very high percentage of our goals. Earning rave reviews from all corners, even those that hated him in the championship are now unable to deny that he’s a massive talent. But he’s only done it for half a season? Why’s that? Is it possibly because we’ve only been in the premier league for half a season? 

Watch him play, I’m sure you do, you’ll see one of the most naturally gifted players you’re ever likely to see in a Villa shirt. He’s at the heart of everything we do, his passing is top notch, he glides past players with ease, he can score goals and he leads the team as captain. It’s only a matter of time before he’s playing for England, then when surrounding by players on his wavelength and of similar ability, you’ll see him step up another level. 

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

The record for consecutive defeats includes games from 2016, four years ago! Talk about present day if you want to talk about present day. 

At present, Jack has had half a good season in the premier league, where he’s contributed to a very high percentage of our goals. Earning rave reviews from all corners, even those that hated him in the championship are now unable to deny that he’s a massive talent. But he’s only done it for half a season? Why’s that? Is it possibly because we’ve only been in the premier league for half a season? 

Watch him play, I’m sure you do, you’ll see one of the most naturally gifted players you’re ever likely to see in a Villa shirt. He’s at the heart of everything we do, his passing is top notch, he glides past players with ease, he can score goals and he leads the team as captain. It’s only a matter of time before he’s playing for England, then when surrounding by players on his wavelength and of similar ability, you’ll see him step up another level. 

Exactly, he’s had half of a decent season and he’s being labelled as world class. In my opinion, when he’s really done it for 3 or 4 seasons, he can be labelled as world class, it is too early to call him world class in my opinion. If he ever gets to that level and it’s a big if in my opinion, it won’t be in a Villa shirt

12 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Grealish holds the record for 20 consecutive defeats in the Premier League

I'm genuinely stunned you've come out with nonsense like this.

He was the only shining light in a squad of overpaid plodders who couldn't give a toss. Holding that season against Jack is absurd. 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

Exactly, he’s had half of a decent season and he’s being labelled as world class. In my opinion, when he’s really done it for 3 or 4 seasons, he can be labelled as world class, it is too early to call him world class in my opinion. If he ever gets to that level and it’s a big if in my opinion, it won’t be in a Villa shirt

The term ‘world class’ is quite a subjective thing, so I’m not getting in to that right now. Your point about him only doing it for half a season though, it seems you’re implying that you don’t think he can do it for a full season and beyond, why is that? 

The only thing that gives me pause when it comes to Jack is we're often still talking about potential.

What he does for us at time sis unreal, and I truly believe he can do it at the very highest level, but until he does it'll always be speculation. I think he's paying for his loyalty to us so far.

He's got the choice really, of whether he wants to be a Le Tissier figure, or a player that actually wins stuff. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

The term ‘world class’ is quite a subjective thing, so I’m not getting in to that right now. Your point about him only doing it for half a season though, it seems you’re implying that you don’t think he can do it for a full season and beyond, why is that? 

Because he has yet to in his career and yet is being labelled as world class

9 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Because I have a different opinion to everyone else? He has done nothing yet

You rate countless horrific players who have done literally nothing though. Grealish is the best player on the pitch week in week out, and is single-handedly keeping us afloat (having shown unbelievable loyalty) so calling him overrated is bizarre and a bit disrespectful from a Villa fan.

8 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

You think he’ll just walk in to the England team? Ahead of who? I think we are overrating him, don’t get me wrong, I think he’s very good but just not quite as good as everyone else

I do think on form he should be strolling in the England Team. I also think you are one of the only Villa fans who think he's overrated which is quite funny considering you big up even the most average of players more often than not. The fact that he is our best ever academy product yet doesn't get any real praise from yourself makes me question you more than him tbh. Just my opinion and not a personal attack. I just cannot fathom why you of all people would play down his talent considering you bang the drum on just about everyone?? 

I know a lot quite a lot of people in the game, from the pro's through to academy and grass roots level. I have yet to meet anyone who has the same opinion as you with regards to Jack. In fact you'd be hard pressed to find many saying he shouldn't start for England never mind be in the squad. He's a better AM than any other in the squad this season, that's a fact. Ali, Maddison, Mount, Barkley, etc etc. Take your pick, Jack ousts them all.

• Like 2

Â