The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

58 minutes ago, TRO said:

I agree.

The concern is, if we stay up and the promotion from the championship, was orchestrated by Jack.....we have to be very sure we can buy to compensate him....There is no evidence to suggest we can.

My strategy would be if we stay up, would be to sell the idea to him to build a quality team around him....but I have no idea what his inner feelings are.

We've got evidence how we fare without Jack from last season.

Don't remember exactly but i think we went on a 8-10 game run without a win.

Losing Jack is an incredibly scary prospect. Close to all our attacks goes through him.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 3

His inner feelings were with us when he signed a 5 year contract with us as a championship player  ... I don't see why the papers are so quick to think he wants out to Man U , especially when the whole world and his dog knows that Solskjaer won't be in charge next season  and the new manager might have other ideas .

if we go down , I think he will leave  , the money we'd get for him will be too goo to turn down (ditto Mings and McGinn)  ..but stay up and I see no reason why he won't stay with us for at least one more season

Quiet weekend of football, and Grealish is the most interesting player in the league at the moment. Doubt any inside info has gone into the stories at all, just pure speculation.

Does that mean Grealish won't go to United in the summer? No, he might. But that's just because he's a young Champions League quality player in a weak side, and they are clearly in the market for players.

I would say that if you watch Grealish in interviews, he's obviously been coached to talk about Villa being his boyhood club and how much it means to him. He loves Villa, no doubt about that, but all players want to see what level they can reach - they want trophies, caps, they want to play with world class teammates under world class managers.

It'd be naive to think Grealish won't have those same ambitions, and will be starting to question whether they can be achieved at Villa. The club will have to (a) survive this season, and (b) show serious ambition in the transfer market to hang on to him.

More than anything, we need another technically gifted player who can draw some of the attention away from him. Can his body manage another 8 years of being double marked and kicked all over the park?

On the other hand, the new ownership setup gives him a realistic opportunity to become Villa's all-time greatest player and a Premier League legend, if he carries this club from bottom half of the Championship to Champions League football, winning a few trophies along the way and getting plenty of England caps. It is definitely achievable in the next 6 years, which will be the prime years of his career.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Losing Jack is an incredibly scary prospect. Close to all our attacks goes through him.

The difference between Jack being injured and Jack leaving the club is the latter would give us something like £80m to spend on better players.

8 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Only reason he'd stay is if we had an elite manager like Everton just appointed.

Jack won't be happy to be in a relegation fight every year. And this whole thing of the coaching staff and players "learning" just adds to him leaving sooner.

If the board had been serious they should have gone and got Benitez or Ancelotti. Then things might have been different. Right now Jack is leaving in the summer regardless if we survive or get relegated.

We know you're not a fan of Smith. So, who would you like us to chase as a replacement manager if we were looking to start next season without Smith? Who are your three top choices? 

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

we won 1 game in 10 prior to the 10 game winning run.

It shows, if we can put even the most modest run of wins together now, we will get out of this.

Edited by TRO

17 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

We know you're not a fan of Smith. So, who would you like us to chase as a replacement manager if we were looking to start next season without Smith? Who are your three top choices? 

Said countless times i would go for Benitez. Think he could achieve great things with the club.

Most importantly he would solidify us a the back.

We've messed around with bang average coaches for much too long. It's time to hire a high profile coach and show some ambition.

18 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Said countless times i would go for Benitez. Think he could achieve great things with the club.

We've messed around with bang average coaches for much too long. It's time to hire a high profile coach and show some ambition.

and people have told you countless times him and Purslow hate each other. Purslow doesnt even rate him

Benitez is an old school manager who wants total control, running transfer policy and so on. A very good tactician, but completely unsuited to our setup.

Also, how can anyone honestly talk about "bang average managers" and also advocate for Sam Allardyce?

Edited by KentVillan
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, bobzy said:

I think it will depend on Jack, to be honest.  If he really wants to move, we'll let him do so - particularly after what he's given us over the past couple of seasons.

If Purslow is handling negotiations and we've stayed up, I wouldn't want to be across the table from him.

I don't think he'll even bother speaking to anyone unless they agree the deal will be over £75m minimum. People will be paying through the nostrils.

I don't think they'll be any sentiment of he's given us X years so let's be accommodating, as much as I agree it might be fair. Not how Purslow is.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 1

Would not sell Grealish for whatever offer came in to be honest, that's if I were owner of Aston Villa.  I would do all to secure him here for all his playing days, because you'd recognise his talent correct?? Yes it may be selfish of you but this is how you must run your club at times in order to be successful. Jack is a big cog in a machine that works very well and without the main cog who knows what mite happen to Aston Villa if he leaves and we can not find a suitable replacement.

Yeah we all know that Jack has ambitions, and wants to be one of the best, most players do, yet there is no reason to suggest he can not fulfill that dream being at Villa so long as we move in the right direction. I csnt see Jack leaving unless we go down and even then i just think rhe lad will stay a season. Some may think me crazy for saying that and yes i agree its crazy but it's easy to lay a bet on Jacks heart and mind with how he thinks of Villa. Some players in jacks position would move on, others would stay, didn't we test the same resolve in Phillips but because he's a Leeds fan chose to stay even though there was something better. Sometimes there is just no moving a player because they are content with where they are and change can be disastrous for a players career. Whilever jack is playing like he is, in his mind hes mature to realise that he's playing excellent and things cant get better without some wild changes to go along side that move to another club.

Jack is better with us while ever he and Villa are in the prem. 

13 hours ago, villalad21 said:

benitez is currently one of the highest paid managers in world football, he may have done well to spin it in to an anti Ashley thing but he left for money

he's also IMO declined as a manager (as they do but its not generally accepted) his champions league winning days are 16 years behind him, its about as relevant as Bruce's playoff win with blues

plus then you still miss the point, he did nothing with Newcastle, I would wager that by the time he leaves Ancelotti will have don nothing with everton, it doesn't guarantee success, the league has moved on, id take nuno over either of them any day of the week

and neither of them, or just about any manager we could realistically obtain would make any difference to jack staying if a huge club come in for him - this is nothing to do with smith

15 hours ago, Villarocker said:

I am a Smith fan, but this is an interesting question:

Rafa Benitez, Mauricio Pochettino and Chris Wilder would be my first choices...

Not in that particular order either...

15 hours ago, villalad21 said:

There are more problems to it than this, but we simply aren’t going to be hiring a manager on £200k+ a week* (which he is currently on) as well as buying him out of that £30m contract.

Frankly, with the players we need to sign and financial restrictions, it would be completely negligent unless it was a Pep/Klopp tier manager.

*about 50% of our wage bill if articles are to be believed

Edited by Sam-AVFC

Â