The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

7 hours ago, useless said:

Not sure why now that the transfer window is closed everyone is suddenly obssessed with talking about him leaving, it doesn't open again for another four or five months.

You would think it closes in about a week with the number of "Jack to X team, transfer latest" headlines they keep running. 

I’d like to think Jack stays if we stay up, but if he must go I hope he goes abroad. Watching Barca struggle massively away at Betis, he’d be a massive improvement on all of their attacking players bar Messi and de Jong. That’s his level. Not Man effing United.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I know it....I used to work at the Bulls Head, Hall Green, doing my licensee training.

P.S. Going off piste a bit here but....

He may have been a year younger than me at the time so maybe only 16 but looked 10 years older due to his muscular build. Scouts were there every week but he only wanted to play for Villa. Note to others who rate Wesley....when the ball was played up to him he would have two defenders marking ( kicking him) and he would never lose the ball no matter what the pressure or how it was played to him. No pace at all but enormous strength and a great touch and attacked the ball in the air aggressively .

Didn't cost Villa 22 million either.......

Sorry if I have gone off subject for a trip down memory lane....

Regards,

VLD.

4 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

84604477_10157078284176200_2991168288978

:D:D

I saw Paul Pogba looking in the Window of Melvyn Danes Estate agents in Solihull this morning. I don't do Facebook or Twitter so can someone please forward that on to the World. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

Jack might just find himself playing in Europe with us next season. Newton Heath are no certainties to qualify and we have a shout at qualification, at the start of next month. It's a long shot, but stranger things have happened over the years. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, John said:

Jack might just find himself playing in Europe with us next season. . 

About as much chance as me dating Kate Beckinsale.....

Unless you mean pre season, then you may have a chance of being right.... :)

2 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Better treatment by the England setup would go a long way to helping us keep Jack IMO.

Makes you think SG has something against Villa, soon as he leaves here for another club watch him get in England.

1 hour ago, Graham t said:

P.S. Going off piste a bit here but....

He may have been a year younger than me at the time

Isn't he still a year younger than you then or have you jumped forward in time and age got you mad.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, TRO said:

The key was his incremental development and adding physicality to his game.I think he is still improving.

To forsee, any players improvement is very difficult imo......but well done if you forseen that....you was right.

NextGen series his goal against Sporting was a sign of a player with poise and control, where most would be frantic and eager he was calm and controlled. Then go on to his loan spell at Notts County and it became obvious to me we had a very talented player for the future. His ability on the ball was captivating back then, as it is now. Maradonna for Boca Juniors was special, as was Neymar for Santos, Messi for Barca B was and Ronaldo for Sporting the same. I'll skip over Jack's performances for us in the PL pre-relegation. His performances and moments of triumph in the Championship were nothing short of world class at times. Some of the best football you'll of seen. And people seem to think that last statement is an exaggeration, but it's really not. It doesn't matter that it was done in the championship, see above players for confirmation. Grealish had come of age in the championship, and as you say @TRO bolstered by a physicality that could now compete with grown men in their prime, he had grown some teeth and his attacks developed some killer instinct, Grealish became a young lion and head of the pride at Villa Park. He's got a long way to go yet though, it's only just beginning for him. That is why I so deeply hope our owners give him a contract that would rival the offers that will come from elsewhere.

Wes Edens did it with Giannis at the Bucks and they hold the best record in the NBA right now, from what was an all-time low for the club just a few years earlier. His Bucks team this season were 40points up against an LA team with both Kawaii Leonard and Paul George (many people's tip for the title), absolutely absurd, and to think, so much talk of the Bucks being a one-man team, they are so far from it.

• Like 1

I know it’s most likely tabloid bullshit but I don’t think I could handle him moving to United. They are still a big club and will continue to spend big next summer to try and rebuild. They would probably pay a higher fee and higher wages than any other club such is their desperate situation.  So him moving there isn’t totally out the question.

Please dont do it Jack!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I know it’s most likely tabloid bullshit but I don’t think I could handle him moving to United. They are still a big club and will continue to spend big next summer to try and rebuild. They would probably pay a higher fee and higher wages than any other club such is their desperate situation.  So him moving there isn’t totally out the question.

Please dont do it Jack!

yep, the idea of their plastic brigade who follow football on their phones and wear their kits round Plymouth Tesco at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon and wear green and yellow scarves vehemently telling the world woodward should be sacked for spending so much money on him will be unbearable, conversely so would "always rated him" and then watching him spend 10 years winning **** all there as they continue their slow inevitable decline but him getting in every England squad will be utter shite

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Please dont do it Jack!

Well he's already house shopping so it's too late 🕵️‍♂️

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Villarocker said:

Maybe the reason he's not been picked for England yet is because Sir Gary Cahill is really Gareth Southgate? 

Only reason he'd stay is if we had an elite manager like Everton just appointed.

Jack won't be happy to be in a relegation fight every year. And this whole thing of the coaching staff and players "learning" just adds to him leaving sooner.

If the board had been serious they should have gone and got Benitez or Ancelotti. Then things might have been different. Right now Jack is leaving in the summer regardless if we survive or get relegated.

Edited by villalad21

Â